Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonco's Roster Has 4 Cornerbacks... Is That Enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious of thoughts on Roby from Ohio St? Looks like he will likely be available at 31.

Needs to be more disciplined. But seems to be a high risk /high reward kind of pick.

Bradley Roby*, CB, Ohio State
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 194.
    40 Time: 4.39.
    Projected Round (2014): 1-2.
    3/8/14: At the Combine, Roby put his great skill set on display. He has the physical talent to be a No. 1 corner if he lands with good coaching, but his bad tape from the 2013 season is holding him back from being a sure-fire first-round pick.

Comment

Roby reminds me of Deangelo Hall. Think he will have an up and down career.
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
        Roby reminds me of Deangelo Hall. Think he will have an up and down career.
        Wow. That is actually a perfect comparison. I don't know if it's fair to say for sure how his whole career will be. But if it ended up being similar to Hall I wouldn't be that surprised. That being said let's not forget Hall had so much potential. So does Roby. I think it's up to him. If he comes in with the attitude that he is owed anything, you could see the rollercoaster start immediately. If he comes in with the attitude of "I am going to become the best corner of this generation" he could be very good.
        Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Kyle Fuller in the second.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post
            Kyle Fuller in the second.
            (33) 1-2 Kyle Fuller planning on him being there at the 2nd (63) is wishful thinking ..

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
              Wow. That is actually a perfect comparison. I don't know if it's fair to say for sure how his whole career will be. But if it ended up being similar to Hall I wouldn't be that surprised. That being said let's not forget Hall had so much potential. So does Roby. I think it's up to him. If he comes in with the attitude that he is owed anything, you could see the rollercoaster start immediately. If he comes in with the attitude of "I am going to become the best corner of this generation" he could be very good.
              Problem with Roby is we would be using a 1st round pick on a guy that might take a couple of years before we actually see that potential realized. His athleticism is off the charts and watching him in games one play you are amazed and the next you just have to question what in the world he was thinking. Now I like his aggressiveness and with our pass rush I guess it could play out well but I just think there are other guys who year one can give us a bit more compared to him. Might not have the ceiling he has but also won't have the floor he has. If we are going to take a project I would rather use a mid-round pick on a few different guys.

Comment

I have come around to the thinking that if kyle fuller is there at 31 I hope we take him we def. need another cb...

Comment

Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
                  Problem with Roby is we would be using a 1st round pick on a guy that might take a couple of years before we actually see that potential realized. His athleticism is off the charts and watching him in games one play you are amazed and the next you just have to question what in the world he was thinking. Now I like his aggressiveness and with our pass rush I guess it could play out well but I just think there are other guys who year one can give us a bit more compared to him. Might not have the ceiling he has but also won't have the floor he has. If we are going to take a project I would rather use a mid-round pick on a few different guys.
                  Sounds like DRC.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

I would venture to say 2 CB's in the draft would be needed.
                    If we trade down a couple of spots we might get them both in the second round.
                    Players like Joyner of FSU and Baptiste from NU.
                    I just have a real good feeling about Joyner.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                      Sounds like DRC.
                      I don't think Roby is on par with DRC as far as pass coverage ..

Considering DRC is one of the top coverage CB's in the NFL and Roby is fresh off of getting beat by Abbrederis and playing in a poor scheme..While also making a career decision when the big game is on the line

The difference between DRC and Roby is..

Roby is a lot more aggressive on all 3 downs..Outside of age,money and provided health..If he can mature and see the difference in what it takes to go from a boy to a man...He'll have a successful career in the NFL

Originally posted by wmp View Post
                      I would venture to say 2 CB's in the draft would be needed.
                      This brings up a good point ..

I have thought that the Broncos would double down on a position in the draft .. I haven't considered CB position as much ..

Comment

I am a big fan of Kyle Fuller. He is solid in every aspect and is not afraid to tackle. I think it would be huge to have 11 guys on D that can tackle and make plays. He comes with less risk and runs a 4.4 just like Roby, is fluid, and brings intensity. Just the kind of guys Elway seems to be bringing in.

Comment

We'll draft at least one corner and add a corner later on as needed

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                            Curious of thoughts on Roby from Ohio St? Looks like he will likely be available at 31.

Needs to be more disciplined. But seems to be a high risk /high reward kind of pick.

Bradley Roby*, CB, Ohio State
                            Height: 5-11. Weight: 194.
                            40 Time: 4.39.
                            Projected Round (2014): 1-2.
                            3/8/14: At the Combine, Roby put his great skill set on display. He has the physical talent to be a No. 1 corner if he lands with good coaching, but his bad tape from the 2013 season is holding him back from being a sure-fire first-round pick.
                            Not touching him in the first, in the second I'm all over it. He has to learn to turn his head around though

Comment

Working...
                            X