Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Sure, they may not play a ton inside.

But BPA is BPA, and old saying, can never have enough pass rushers.

Would be interesting to see how they used him if he fell and they got him.

Depending who else was there, what position player would you prefer, just curious.
    I am horrible at picking players. I tend to hope for a favorite to fall or overrate someone too early. Then a mock draft guru will tell me how big an idiot I am because there is better value at that position later in the draft.

IMO the biggest needs as of today. CB, o-line, WR, ILB and RB. (Do not see a RB chosen in the first three rounds at least)

WR and CB seem to be the potentially the deepest at #31. Unless someone unexpectedly drops.(DE?)

CB- Find Roby's potential intriguing. Fuller and Roberson seem the more sensible choices.

WR - Would love Lee, but realistic enough to know he will already be picked. After that I am more of a fan of the larger physical WRs (Mathews, Adams, Moncrief) then the smaller explosive WRs like Cooks, Richardson

oline - G-Sua-'Filo, Yankey or Jackson or one of the C/G prospects Richburg or Martin. (last two would be a reach at #31)

ILB - not seeing a first round selection here. Mosely dropping because of injury concerns me. Enough posters have stated some later round possibilities (Trip and Williamson) that can do the job. Love speed so Shazier is intriguing. But my favorite selection would be Skov if the knee is solid. True ILB with the right instincts and playmaking abilities. Young man just makes plays.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
      Trevathan fell to the 6th and he put up bigger numbers then Williamson. He could fall for all we know.
      Trevathan was undersized and "couldn't shed blockers".
      All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        I am horrible at picking players. I tend to hope for a favorite to fall or overrate someone too early. Then a mock draft guru will tell me how big an idiot I am because there is better value at that position later in the draft.

IMO the biggest needs as of today. CB, o-line, WR, ILB and RB. (Do not see a RB chosen in the first three rounds at least)

WR and CB seem to be the potentially the deepest at #31. Unless someone unexpectedly drops.(DE?)

CB- Find Roby's potential intriguing. Fuller and Roberson seem the more sensible choices.

WR - Would love Lee, but realistic enough to know he will already be picked. After that I am more of a fan of the larger physical WRs (Mathews, Adams, Moncrief) then the smaller explosive WRs like Cooks, Richardson

oline - G-Sua-'Filo, Yankey or Jackson or one of the C/G prospects Richburg or Martin. (last two would be a reach at #31)

ILB - not seeing a first round selection here. Mosely dropping because of injury concerns me. Enough posters have stated some later round possibilities (Trip and Williamson) that can do the job. Love speed so Shazier is intriguing. But my favorite selection would be Skov if the knee is solid. True ILB with the right instincts and playmaking abilities. Young man just makes plays.
        You did see that we just signed 2 WR's to multiple year deals, right?

Comment

I am assuming you mean Sanders and Caldwell.

Love the Sanders signing. As long as the foot remains healthy. More of a slot receiver then outside IMO. But will get the job done this year. Would notbe surprised if Welker is released after this season and Sanders takes that spot.

Caldwell is average depth with knowledge of the offense IMO. Any WR taken in the first couple of rounds has an excellent chance of taking his depth position.

Comment

Originally posted by causticon View Post
            You did see that we just signed 2 WR's to multiple year deals, right?
            Caldwell is a depth signing and doesnt make much.

Sanders helps not being able to "reach" for a WR.

That being said, depending who is there when we pick, very intriguing to pick a WR given how loaded the class is.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Good post.

Zach Martin from ND?

He'd be a reach.

If he's there at 31, Elway should run to the podium and announce the pick himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
                Vick Crashes a lot more pockets than Jackson does. Go back and watch games. Vickerson is a big strong dude who pushes the pocket backwards on a consistent basis. Wolfe is a huge question mark at this point. And until we see him healthy and playing at a high level. Than I'd much rather have Vick and pot roast in the middle collapsing the pocket together. Jackson has done little to nothing to have as many people on here think he's something he's not. These TRAINING camp players . Smh
                Jackson played quite well in the regular season, not just TC. He got pressure from the edge, not just up the middle. 42 tackles and 6 sacks is more than "little to nothing" and he only started 5 games. I think you are under estimating him. I believe I will shake my head right back....smh....
                Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-18-2014, 12:27 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Big Vick had a nice bull rush but can't get off the block in pass rush. Jackson is much more violent and explosive and showed more variety in getting to the qb

Comment

Hate the mock, also the projections appear to be off.

First, I seriously doubt Dee Ford falls to #31, pass rushers of his skill set rarely do. Same with Fuller in the second. He has been climbing up the boards recently and may sneak into the first round....Hubbard is a 3-4 OLB that doesn't fit the Denver defense.

Don't know anything about Crowell, so I will defer to someone else's opinion of him.

Lammey seems to be in love with Brett Smith for some reason, but we don't need a QB this year.

Avery Williamson is on the Broncos radar, but again, I doubt he falls to the bottom of the 7th.

Elway made the statement the Broncos still are looking for pass rushers, so for me, the first round pick is going to be Scott Crichton (6'3"-272) from Oregon St until proven otherwise.
                    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 03-18-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Not Zach, I think he will be gone in the teens.

I meant C- Curtis Martin, USC . I am thinking interior lineman more then a OT. One of the top three centers would make me very happy. Versatility is a plus. Experienced backup center and competition at G with one pick.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        Jackson played quite well in the regular season, not just TC. He got pressure from the edge, not just up the middle. 42 tackles and 6 sacks is more than "little to nothing" and he only started 5 games. I think you are under estimating him. I believe I will shake my head right back....smh....
                        Jackson did this without a healthy Wolfe and Miller^^

Jackson and Wolfe are the main reasons I want us to go to the 3-4. Jackson, Knighton, Wolfe on the dline with Ware, Trevathan, Irving and Miller at linebacker? Putting all those athletes on the field together has limitless possibilities
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Working...
                        X