Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supposedly CJ Mosley's Stock is Slipping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Supposedly CJ Mosley's Stock is Slipping

    WalterFootball is usually pretty good with draft projections has reported that CJ's stock is slipping due to a possible knee issue. Insiders are saying he could fall to the top of the 2nd round. I really like Mosley at MLB with the 31st pick. If it's true, I'd hate to see us pass on him the same we passed on Lacy because of possible knee issues. Ball definitley progressed at the end of the season, but Lacy was a stud all year.

  • #2
    I completely agree with this. He's really the only true 3 down ILB in the draft for a 4-3. I'm not convinced Shazier can play middle.

    Comment


    • #3
      Not surprising, Mosely is getting overhyped on this board.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Not surprising, Mosely is getting overhyped on this board.
        Yeah, he was a top 15 pick at the end of the season. Now he's end of the 1st round/top of the 2nd round guy. It's not a deep ILB draft at all.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          Not surprising, Mosely is getting overhyped on this board.
          I don't know about that. Mosley was getting hyped by draft analysts and the media. He's very legit and seems NFL ready at MLB. His stock is only dropping becaue of possible knee injury, similar to Lacy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by causticon View Post
            I completely agree with this. He's really the only true 3 down ILB in the draft for a 4-3. I'm not convinced Shazier can play middle.
            Not true. Borland has the same talent level as Mosley to be a 3down MLB, Avery Williamson looks like a more talented 3 down linebacker then both, while guys Telvin smith and Jordan Tripp both have a higher ceiling then Mosley.

            Mosley is dropping because of injury history and the fact he was originally over valued as a Alabama product. Mosley is a late 2nd/3rd round prospect too me.
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Not surprising, Mosely is getting overhyped on this board.
              I am getting on a computer right now, I owe you already like 4 cp
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                Not true. Borland has the same talent level as Mosley to be a 3down MLB, Avery Williamson looks like a more talented 3 down linebacker then both, while guys Telvin smith and Jordan Tripp both have a higher ceiling then Mosley.

                Mosley is dropping because of injury history and the fact he was originally over valued as a Alabama product. Mosley is a late 2nd/3rd round prospect too me.
                Borland is slow and doesn't cover well. Ha with everything else. You just don't like him. Your arguments have no basis.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by causticon View Post
                  Borland is slow and doesn't cover well. Ha with everything else. You just don't like him. Your arguments have no basis.
                  and how much of the other players have you watched or read about? I'd bet pretty much zero. you have formed a opinion off of just liking Mosley and doing no other research of the other linebackers in this draft.
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm researching all of them because I think ILB is by far our biggest need. I like Avery Williamson, but only as a project with upside while providing special teams. Tripp and Smith both project more as OLB's. I like Skov in 3rd/4th round more than a lot bigger names. The problem is, if we get a 2-down thumper, who's going to play nickel LB?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                      I don't know about that. Mosley was getting hyped by draft analysts and the media. He's very legit and seems NFL ready at MLB. His stock is only dropping becaue of possible knee injury, similar to Lacy.
                      It's not that.

                      It's because he went to Bama and the hype they get when they come out, a lot of their prospects dont pan out right away.

                      Good, sure, maybe worth taking at 31, but it would depend who else is on the board.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mosley has some stud characteristics. He's not getting overhyped on these boards. He has impressive instincts and range, especially in pass coverage. He's also a leader.

                        Read these comparisons from NFL professional personnel men:


                        http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-remind-you-of

                        However, his health is a major concern. And he's not great at taking on blockers because he's tall and skinny. He probably fits best as a 43 Will to be honest. He may slip on draft day for a few of those reasons.
                        Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by causticon View Post
                          I'm researching all of them because I think ILB is by far our biggest need. I like Avery Williamson, but only as a project with upside while providing special teams. Tripp and Smith both project more as OLB's. I like Skov in 3rd/4th round more than a lot bigger names. The problem is, if we get a 2-down thumper, who's going to play nickel LB?
                          This guy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by causticon View Post
                            I'm researching all of them because I think ILB is by far our biggest need. I like Avery Williamson, but only as a project with upside while providing special teams. Tripp and Smith both project more as OLB's. I like Skov in 3rd/4th round more than a lot bigger names. The problem is, if we get a 2-down thumper, who's going to play nickel LB?
                            Linebacker isnt about being a thumper. Ask any offensive lineman or offensive line coach what they fear more, a big strong linebacker or a athletic linebacker with elite agility? they fear agility. the ability to take on offensive lineman can be taught through technique and using the proper base so a guy like Tripp or Smith can perform at the same level as bigger, stronger MLB prospects if they use proper technique.

                            You like Mosley but think Williamson is a project? you do know Williamson played in the SEC just like Mosley, out performed Mosley's combine numbers and was in the top 10 in the FBS 2 years in a row in tackles.

                            we would be lucky to land a talent like Jordan Tripp who in my honest opinion compares very much to Luke Keuchly type talent at linebacker. If he wouldve went to a big time football program he would be the top linebacker in this draft
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Williamson can push to be a day 1 starter. I know that might sound crazy to some of you but I truly believe it. He is being severely undervalued by the "experts."
                              Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X