Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supposedly CJ Mosley's Stock is Slipping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    It's not that.

    It's because he went to Bama and the hype they get when they come out, a lot of their prospects dont pan out right away.

    Good, sure, maybe worth taking at 31, but it would depend who else is on the board.
    I can't buy that. If that was the case, he never would've been ranked that high. From the beginning, the Bama hype would've factored in. From the report which surfaced after Bama's pro day, was there some uncertainty about his knee. His stock only dropped after this was reported.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
      I can't buy that. If that was the case, he never would've been ranked that high. From the beginning, the Bama hype would've factored in. From the report which surfaced after Bama's pro day, was there some uncertainty about his knee. His stock only dropped after this was reported.
      Look at their history of players drafted. All of them except 2 have been extremely overrated and drafted a full 1-2 rounds too early. 2 out of 30+ in the past 6-7 years. That's because their players weaknesses were masked in their schemes by the overall talent of the team.
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by causticon View Post
        I completely agree with this. He's really the only true 3 down ILB in the draft for a 4-3. I'm not convinced Shazier can play middle.
        Yeah, but Mosley is not a true 4-3 ILB. He was an ILB in a 3-4, big difference as he has help in that scheme and does not have to take on blockers as much directly, which a 4-3 MIKE does. All in all, not impressed with Mosley and hopefully he ends up elsewhere

        Comment


        • #19
          I say draft Avery Williamson in the middle rounds, and have him battle it out with Nate Irving and Steven Johnson to be the starter. I personally like Johnson, and would not be surprised to see him get his shot now that he enters year three

          Comment


          • #20
            This started being mentioned a couple weeks ago .. WF is just now picking up on the trend ..

            For those that haven't seen it youtube has clip of Mosley getting hurt vs LSU

            Even though its not for the same reasons and the prospects are not the same.. I think this is reminiscent to the year Laurinaitis,Maualuga was thought to be top 10 prospects but ended slipping to the 2nd round..

            I still don't believe Mosley will be available at the 31st ..

            Maybe Shazier will take his spot as the next LB after Mack,Barr..There is some x factor players to add to that as well where most mocks are still all over the place on where they'll end up ..but if Mosley is available at the 31st I have no doubt the Broncos would draft him.

            Comment


            • #21
              I would be very upset if we drafted CJ Mosley. Actually I'll be upset if anyone other than Nate Irving or Chris Borland is our starting MLB.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by notmyname View Post

                Maybe Shazier will take his spot as the next LB after Mack,Barr..There is some x factor players to add to that as well where most mocks are still all over the place on where they'll end up ..but if Mosley is available at the 31st I have no doubt the Broncos would draft him.
                Im not sure i agree we would at 31.

                They backed off Lacy because of medicals, no reason they couldnt do the same with Mosely.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by notmyname View Post
                  This started being mentioned a couple weeks ago .. WF is just now picking up on the trend ..

                  For those that haven't seen it youtube has clip of Mosley getting hurt vs LSU

                  Even though its not for the same reasons and the prospects are not the same.. I think this is reminiscent to the year Laurinaitis,Maualuga was thought to be top 10 prospects but ended slipping to the 2nd round..

                  I still don't believe Mosley will be available at the 31st ..

                  Maybe Shazier will take his spot as the next LB after Mack,Barr..There is some x factor players to add to that as well where most mocks are still all over the place on where they'll end up ..but if Mosley is available at the 31st I have no doubt the Broncos would draft him.
                  After seeing how we draft and studying the linebacker depth in this draft I have no doubt we won't draft Mosley. Too much other talent at linebacker combined with Mosleys injury history shapes up just like how we avoided Lacy last year.
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                    I would be very upset if we drafted CJ Mosley. Actually I'll be upset if anyone other than Nate Irving or Chris Borland is our starting MLB.
                    Borland...hmmm

                    Where will he get drafted? I guess if he is there at the end of round 2, he is worth a shot, but he does have limitations...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                      I say draft Avery Williamson in the middle rounds, and have him battle it out with Nate Irving and Steven Johnson to be the starter. I personally like Johnson, and would not be surprised to see him get his shot now that he enters year three
                      I would be VERY VERY shocked if this ISNT what we do. Williamson is exactly what Elway has talked about wanting at MLB
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                        Look at their history of players drafted. All of them except 2 have been extremely overrated and drafted a full 1-2 rounds too early. 2 out of 30+ in the past 6-7 years. That's because their players weaknesses were masked in their schemes by the overall talent of the team.
                        I think you're just stuck on hating Bama and the attention they get. I'm not saying Bama players don't get hyped. I'm saying the hype isn't the cause for his stock dropping this week. If he was getting hyped because of being a Bama player, why would his stock drop now??? You're saying Bama players get hyped and go 1-2 rounds ealry. His stock has dropped pre draft and only after a report quoting knee issues. No one is saying hold on, we just researched Bama prospects and they get drafted too high. Somehow a report on his knee leaked.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                          Borland...hmmm

                          Where will he get drafted? I guess if he is there at the end of round 2, he is worth a shot, but he does have limitations...
                          Borland is one of those guys that everyone knew would run a slow 40 time. He's not a guy that's going to wow you in shorts and a t-shirt. But when you put the helmet and shoulder pads on he is a guy that always pops off the screen. When you watch a Badger game you won't see a single defensive snap without Borland making some kind of impact. He's always flying around, getting to the ball and setting the tone. Borland was the heart and soul of the Badgers defense, he's the kind of guy that every team and every coach would love to have. He never looks slow on the football field, he has been the Badgers best pass rusher for the last years.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                            After seeing how we draft and studying the linebacker depth in this draft I have no doubt we won't draft Mosley. Too much other talent at linebacker combined with Mosleys injury history shapes up just like how we avoided Lacy last year.
                            Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Im not sure i agree we would at 31.

                            They backed off Lacy because of medicals, no reason they couldnt do the same with Mosely.
                            I don't think it would be the medical as much.. I think it would only be because of the Broncos being high on player at a different position and having other players like crash has been mentioning graded out pretty high that they can draft a couple rounds later in the draft like Tripp,Williamson..

                            I still think the Broncos would draft him though ..

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by notmyname View Post
                              I don't think it would be the medical as much.. I think it would only be because of the Broncos being high on player at a different position and having other players like crash has been mentioning graded out pretty high that they can draft a couple rounds later in the draft like Tripp,Williamson..

                              I still think the Broncos would draft him though ..

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                                I think you're just stuck on hating Bama and the attention they get. I'm not saying Bama players don't get hyped. I'm saying the hype isn't the cause for his stock dropping this week. If he was getting hyped because of being a Bama player, why would his stock drop now??? You're saying Bama players get hyped and go 1-2 rounds ealry. His stock has dropped pre draft and only after a report quoting knee issues. No one is saying hold on, we just researched Bama prospects and they get drafted too high. Somehow a report on his knee leaked.
                                Lol your not getting it. Every bama player has been overrated save 2-3 of them. They have been drafted in the 1st or 2nd round and have performed like 3rd-4th round prospects. They are being overrated in their evaluation because of the team at Alabama, The overall talent of the team masks the weaknesses of every player in their lineup to make them look better then they are. Alabama players have been extremely overvalued for 6-7 years
                                A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X