Current Depth Chart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    You need to be more outside the box and more fluid with your thinking. Irving being a Sam is not the end all, be all for his position and moving back inside is not like asking him to build the Great Wall of china. It calls for the same skill set, his gap responsibilities change from the C gap to the A gap and he has developed his technique for taking on offensive lineman. Moving back inside is no gib deal
    No, I do not. The Broncos brought in Paris Moses Lenon last year. That says a lot about Irving.

Comment

Originally posted by causticon View Post
      No, I do not. The Broncos brought in Paris Moses Lenon last year. That says a lot about Irving.
      Woodyard is a great example of a player who for whatever reason coaches do not see his ability or he has not reached his potential until years after he was drafted.

Started 6 games his rookie year because we had an AMAZING amount of injuries at LB
      Even with that film of games started the next staff thought he should only start 3 games in the next two years
      New staff...more game film...Woody starts 6 games in 2011
      Not until 2012 did he finally earn a full time roll in the defense.

I honestly wonder why the coaches keep players like Irvin and Johnson around and keep getting old Vets to play and not another young MLB...maybe they think they just need time...maybe something else
      Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
        OK, I guess I missed where Vick and Wolfe were playing in the SB.
        along with the fact the strength of the defense all SB was stopping the run up the middle.

I am surprised by the negative feelings about Vickerson. I thought he performed pretty good before he got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by causticon View Post
          Yes it says they want depth at LB because injuries happen. Everyone seems to make it sound like every vet brought in is definitely considered better than the younger players on the roster, completely ignoring the fact that having quality depth is necessary to survive in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii007 View Post
            along with the fact the strength of the defense all SB was stopping the run up the middle.

I am surprised by the negative feelings about Vickerson. I thought he performed pretty good before he got hurt.
            He had some pretty boneheaded roughing the passer penalties in a few critical situations last year. That has a ton to do with it.
            2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by skate_d3 View Post
              He had some pretty boneheaded roughing the passer penalties in a few critical situations last year. That has a ton to do with it.
              Yeah a couple of his decisions this past year were very selfish. He does after injury though seem to come back with a vengeance to show he is still worth keeping on the team. I would hope also having a guy like Ware in the lockerroom might get some of those things under control. Nobody wants to have to answer to a HOF guy like Ware when they cost the team a game with just stupid selfishness.

Comment

Vickerson was playing great last year. Not sure I understand why people are already putting him out to pasture in favor of Sly. He had those bad roughing the passer penalties, but other than that, he helped clog the middle. Williams was deactivated for some games last year. Vickerson had to be doing something right, or Sly was doing something wrong.

Comment

IMO Big Vic played very well for us last year. Yep he had some boneheaded penalties and I didn't like it any more than anyone else. But I'm sure they were addressed and we sure missed him when he was out. We could get along without hi but imo we are definitely a lot better with him.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
                    Vickerson was playing great last year. Not sure I understand why people are already putting him out to pasture in favor of Sly. He had those bad roughing the passer penalties, but other than that, he helped clog the middle. Williams was deactivated for some games last year. Vickerson had to be doing something right, or Sly was doing something wrong.
                    I think with the depth the team had at DT the coaches thought it best to give Williams some time just to develop. When Vickerson got injured though he was ready to step in and played very well. With the way our coaches work the rotation honestly I could see Vickerson even if he is the back up getting just as many snaps as say Williams in the season. Always good to have starting caliber players in the back up spot to add to the rotation especially up the middle. Should work to our advantage especially come 4th quarter when that OL is tired.

Comment

Working...
                    X