Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading Up in the '14 Draft with '15 picks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silas Redd would have been possibly the first back taken if he hadn't have had knee issues this past year.

Guy is very, very talented.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
      Silas Redd would have been possibly the first back taken if he hadn't have had knee issues this past year.

Guy is very, very talented.
      Kind of fumble prone like Hillman he has a tendency to place the ball in a bad position and has a tendency even before his speed diminished to get taken down by arm tackles. I honestly did not consider him because hes either still recovering or never going to be at the level he was at.

I like Gaffney if his heart is in the game. Fluellen might be the best fit for our offense in later rounds the guy has talent as a 3rd down back
      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 05-04-2014, 03:04 PM.
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Trade Idea!

Julius Thomas and Chris Clark's stock is high. Thomas a free agent next year will cost a lot to retain.
        Clark gives us good depth at tackle but his stock will go down if he can't land the right tackle job.
        If there were buyers I would use Thomas and our second round pick to move up and land Justin Gilbert. Clark our #1 and next years #4 to get Moseley.
        Gilbert gives us a great punt and kick returner and he would give us depth behind two often injured starters plus could replace Harris next year if we can't retain him.
        Moseley would fill a hole we haven't filled since Al Wilson, a 3 down mike and a field general on defense. Moseley's leadership would help fill the void left by losing veteran leaders like Champ, Woodyard, and Mike Adams.
        Virgil Green would replace Thomas as our starter, much better run blocker and Tamme or long shot Gerrell Robinson could replace him on passing downs.
        Manning said our best off season addition may be Clady. Painter, Justice, and our 3rd round pick duke it out to win the right tackle job.
        Sorry guys probably had to much time to think. Don't get me wrong I love Thomas but I question his heart, and he is a bad pass blocker. Clark is a good back up but not a starter. He's a weak run blocker.
        That's all I got guys.
        sigpic

Comment

...Umm no. No thanks....

Comment

No way. Trade establish stars for college kids that might be a bust??? NO

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
              ...Umm no. No thanks....
              Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post

Just have to wonder if the POT is smoking and the haze is low, when people post this stuff.

Do they not know smoke kills hard drives as well as brain cells

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                Established? Both have one good season under there belts. Thomas injured first two years of career. Both will probably leave for ridiculous deals like Decker and both won't put up same performances without Mannings offense.
                sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't trade up to 30 to take Mosley. I wouldn't take him at 31 either. If we are gonna trade away JT to move up high enough to get Gilbert (10-15 in my opinion) I sure wouldn't be taking him. It would be Aaron Donald. Maybe Anthony Barr. Clark still has a lot of value to this team as a good backup swing tackle. JT is a young up and comer who was unfortunately sidelined by injuries his first 2 years. I may be able to get on board with trading Clark if we could get good value, but as far as Thomas, no thanks unless it is something outrageous. Like 2 1st's.
                  Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                    I wouldn't trade up to 30 to take Mosley. I wouldn't take him at 31 either. If we are gonna trade away JT to move up high enough to get Gilbert (10-15 in my opinion) I sure wouldn't be taking him. It would be Aaron Donald. Maybe Anthony Barr. Clark still has a lot of value to this team as a good backup swing tackle. JT is a young up and comer who was unfortunately sidelined by injuries his first 2 years. I may be able to get on board with trading Clark if we could get good value, but as far as Thomas, no thanks unless it is something outrageous. Like 2 1st's.
                    Good post! I need feedback too much time thinking. After a 43-8 loss kinda think we need to mix things up and get tougher. I like Donald, and I'm only bringing up Thomas and Clark cause there the only two tradable assets we have.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Good post! I need feedback too much time thinking. After a 43-8 loss kinda think we need to mix things up and get tougher. I like Donald, and I'm only bringing up Thomas and Clark cause there the only two tradable assets we have.
                      I get where you are coming from. In my opinion something like an early second for Clark is pretty fair if we have someone in mind who could take his backup spot. But In my opinion we should be able to lock up JT, DT, Harris at the least next year. I don't think it will be anything too outrageous to keep Thomas. Probably something like 5/35-40. Gronk got 6/54 (I believe) when he was the consensus best TE in the game.
                      Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Nah, Julius is a known asset, I like the idea of drafting Mosley but not at the expense of what we already got.
                        sigpic
                        What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

NFL Network to put Cameras in 16 Different Draft Rooms

http://fansided.com/2014/05/06/2014-...-rooms/#!JOmBi

Broncos are one of them, should be interesting when they pick and everyone think they'll trade, or whatever.

Or look at their draft board among other things.

Comment

Hey Donte! John here. Are you ready to be a Denver Bronco?!

Yes Sir Mr. Elway! Can't wait!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post

This.

10char

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X