Did Elway clear the air on our MLB "issue?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Elway clear the air on our MLB "issue?"

When asked about our need at MLB, he said it is not really a need, because the team believes in Nate. What he said next was the kicker, as he said "particularly on first and second down" and said he is more concerned with the nickel backer.

Ryan Shazier anybody?
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    When asked about our need at MLB, he said it is not really a need, because the team believes in Nate. What he said next was the kicker, as he said "particularly on first and second down" and said he is more concerned with the nickel backer.

Ryan Shazier anybody?

He also said IIRC that the third round or later would be that Nickle backer.

Shakier is at best a WLB which we have one of the best already.

Why would you pay a premium for a Nickle LB?

Comment

Some guys who could potentially play on third down at LB:

Mosley
      Shazier
      Van Noy
      Telvin Smith (idiot)
      Tripp
      Christian Jones (idiot)
      Williamson
      Barrow
      Fortt
      Pierre-Louis
      Kirksey
      Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Sounds like he's going to move up in the first and get Mosley to me. They say they believe in Nate every year and someone else starts. Don't trust anyone this time of year. It does make some sense though. Tripp or Williamson for me

Comment

Could be a bit of a pre-draft smokescreen. If we think back to free agency, the first two players Elway went after were MLBs.

Comment

He'd be an idiot if he came out and said "Yeah we want this guy here and that guy there since Irving sucks!"

Comment

Elway tried to get D'Qwell Jackson and, according to the Denver Post, we were also after Jon Beason and Daryl Smith. Every year Elway says the organization is excited about Nate Irving and every year someone else is starting at MLB. It's pretty obvious we're going after a MLB in this draft. It may not be in the 1st round, but at least a mid-round prospect like Preston Brown will be under consideration. As much as I like Irving, I don't think he's gonna get the long-term job.
              sigpic

Comment

the only thing that is clear is that things will clear up on Thursday and Friday......
                sigpic

Comment

What about DT in the middle then V. Miller and Ryan Shazier on the outsides. 🙈pretty scary if you ask me

Comment

Elway knows we think what he thought, that we think that he once was????

Two more days ladies and gents
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      Elway tried to get D'Qwell Jackson and, according to the Denver Post, we were also after Jon Beason and Daryl Smith. Every year Elway says the organization is excited about Nate Irving and every year someone else is starting at MLB. It's pretty obvious we're going after a MLB in this draft. It may not be in the 1st round, but at least a mid-round prospect like Preston Brown will be under consideration. As much as I like Irving, I don't think he's gonna get the long-term job.
                      yes I agree a MLB will be taken...

Comment

Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
                        What about DT in the middle then V. Miller and Ryan Shazier on the outsides. ��pretty scary if you ask me
                        STOP IT!!! Danny T is quickly becoming one of the best WLB in the game. He's not moving to MLB.

The closer and closer we get to the draft the more and more I believe that Denver is going to trade up btwn 17-22 to select CJ Mosley or a CB.
                        munoz1987
                        Bench Warmer
                        Last edited by munoz1987; 05-06-2014, 08:32 AM.
                        "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
                          What about DT in the middle then V. Miller and Ryan Shazier on the outsides. ��pretty scary if you ask me
                          I like this scenario as well and think that would be a scary linebacking corps.
                          sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                          UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

We have had a MLB debate since Al Wilson retired.

I'm kinda tired of this debate, just trade up for Mosley or Shazier (neither of them will fall to us) and just be done with it!

Comment

Peter King and Rotoworld are reporting that Fox loves Rashede Hageman... how would you guys feel about that pick for the Broncos?

I think Hageman is the biggest boom/bust prospect in the entire draft. Wouldn't fault any team for taking him in the late first round. But I really don't know where he would play on the Broncos D... Sly Williams, Malik Jackson, and Wolfe all can play the 3 tech in the 43. If the Broncos move to a 34, Hageman's position/reps becomes even more unclear.

I think CB, LB, and G are more pressing needs than Dline for the Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                              X