The OFFICIAL 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Merrick44 View Post
    If Nix falls to us I would love that pick. It gives us insurence if Knight and Vick walk
    Indeed but wonder why he is still there? Injury? Fat and lazy? Stupid? Off field issues? what is it?
    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• To further justify the Latimer pick for now, we did need that bigger receiver to go opposite DT on the outside. Sanders, Welker, and Caldwell are both small, slot-type receivers. Latimer brings toughness and size that we needed at the position..
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by AsianBronc View Post
        yeah, I wont dispute that we got out-traded... I smh too when I saw what we gave up for that pick. But to say that we couldve gotten him at 63 and that Landry's better? Cmon man... Even your comment on Malik not being a gem - he was a monster in the second half of our season last year. Try to be more positive brah
        I really don't think he is a gem. And we won't know who's better for 3 years. All they kept saying is how Cody should have stayed in school another year and how he is going to have at least a year to learn and all that. I want to win the super bowl this year. That is all. I'm not saying he's not going to be good. He could be Great in 3 years. I just feel like I have said. We should have drafted more pro ready players. Not that they won'tbe good in the end. And that is where everybody is misreading what I'm saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
          Knowing Elway and the unpredictability of the Broncos Crappy Draft for the last 3 years. We picking a Punter next or another QB, you know we need 4 QBs and 2 punter, you don't know when one is going to get hurt.
          Crappy Drafts?

Some people just don't understand the whole picture.
          sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• This was a deep WR class... Pretty much a lock we were drafting one in the first 4 rounds. We could have just called Miami and saved next year's 4th... No way SF drafts a WR there, after dealing for SJ today.

Most likely, we got scared and were bluffed into believing MIA was going to draft a WR. Otherwise, how the heck do we pay that steep price when Mia was giving the next pick away for fifty cents on the dollar (compared to what SF charged us).

We need a MLB badly, and depth on OL, DL and RB seem to me more pressing then adding a 5th WR.

But Elway also took Brock and Hillman over pro bowl talent... So now add this WR and Denver now have 3 guys to line up come 2016.

Not complaining tho. We are a passing team. We invested a lot on defense... SEA proved we need more WR than what we had... It's just the price seemed costly, especially since Mia dealt the next pick....

And still upswt at taking Ball over Lacy, and not feeling comfy about our RB situation. But the coaches must think last yeAr's 2 rookies are good enough. And we did get by with Moreno, so perhaps they are right.

Comment

• Dont be suprised if we took Kareem Martin. He has the measurables that Fox and JDR love out of their DE's and was uber productive at NC. IDK how he has fallen this far. Reminds me so much of Carlos Dunlap.

Comment

• Absolutely love this pick. One stat that is being overlooked is the key to this pick imo; 1 drop in 119 targets. That is solid. Sanders is not an upgrade to Decker, but this is a huge upgrade and he will see the field this year. Also for the value, I have seen it around on different sites that the Broncos are projected to have up to 4 compensatory picks next year. If that does play out, the value is ther in losing next years 4th. I'm not thrilled at losing the 5th this year but so be it.

This was a great pick and better value for where we got him.

Comment

• What do we think of Max Bullough (LB from Michigan State)? Have heard some good things about him over the past couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                    Awful pick, awful trade, I really hate it.

That being said I routinely hate the moves Elway makes on Draft day and they usually work out.
                    I dunno that I like the trade however the kid shows promise. Good hands, toughness, good size, 4.38 speed and he has Peyton Manning to throw to him and help him learn.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                      Crappy Drafts?

Some people just don't understand the whole picture.
                      Some people can't be realists. And have there orange colored glasses on all day

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFan2011 View Post
                        Dont be suprised if we took Kareem Martin. He has the measurables that Fox and JDR love out of their DE's and was uber productive at NC. IDK how he has fallen this far. Reminds me so much of Carlos Dunlap.
                        Yep. He would be a good option here. Desir too but i doubt they double up on cb
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
                          Why the hate ?
                          Cuz he's a 2-down player, and isnt great in coverage, the opposite of what we are looking for.

Comment

• I love Denver's draft right now. Roby & Latimer are great picks. I want to see a S or LB next.
                            "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

• Another solid pick by Oakland. They could be in the running for #2
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nice pick Chicago. Very nice pick

Comment

Working...
                                X