No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "@Jeff_Legwold: Kentucky's Avery Williamson another LB to watch for #Broncos today #DENpick."
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
      So, what' s left for interesting and talented RB's for us to get?
      Andre Williams or Carey.

Comment

• Pats and SF are great fits for Urban

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          Ok, so just for fun, but make a point at the same time, here are a list of a few players that was listed as 2nd rd picks before they dropped for what ever reason: DE Sam, CB Colvin, and TE Lyerla. I believe DE Gardner was rated as a 3rd. All 4 of these players are expected to go in the 7th by most draft sites.

Here's some questionable picks that happened last night.

Seahawks, Justin Britt, 2nd rd. Draft Site projection, 5th rd.

Redskins, Spencer Long, 3rd rd. Projection, UDFA

Jets, McDougle, 3rd rd. Projection 6th rd

Chargers, Watt, 3rd rd. Projection 6th-7th rd

Jaguars, Linder 3rd rd. Projection UDFA

Moral of the story is, Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!
          But a 7th rd pick is still not as valuable as a 5th rd pick. All those guys you've mentioned have fallen for good reason. And yes, a guy can get over drafted if a team wants- that's up to them BUT it can't happen of you don't have that pick. You only have a shot at whatever player everybody else passed on 6 times or more. Now, we have put ourselves in a position where if we want Williamson we have to take him in the 4th or trade more picks and more potential cheap contributors to move up again for a shot at him. Instead of getting for example dontae Johnson (4th), Williamson (5th), plus our 6th and 7th we have to go Williamson (4th) and then pick leftovers in the 6th and 7th.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            "@Jeff_Legwold: Kentucky's Avery Williamson another LB to watch for #Broncos today #DENpick."
            Wouldn't be surprised with Williamson. Kentucky has become Linebacker U for us.
            sigpic

Comment

"@Jeff_Legwold: Kentucky's Avery Williamson another LB to watch for #Broncos today #DENpick."
              I'd take him in the 4th if he's there.

Comment

• Urban, Johnson, and Williamson are my top 3 in the 4th. Doubt the first 2 last though.

Comment

Lache Seastrunk - supposed to be a burner and expected to do well at combine, but his 40 was nothing special - i think not even a sub 4.4. Aside from his combine, his game tape shows good speed but some pretty stiff hips

Isaiah Crowell - Pretty bad red flags, but thought of as the most physically talented RB in the draft. Started out at Georgia, got kicked out and then went to Alabama State. He's a power running back with really good speed.

Ka'Deem Carey - was considered to be one of the top running backs before the combine with GREAT production - 4.6 40 pretty much destroyed his draft stock... could be a viable backup for Montee, but probably has very little experience pass blocking

Kapri Bibbs - COLORADO STATE PLAYA! NUFF SAID!! xD

Comment

I like Isaiah Crowell in the 7th. Big back at 5"11 224 lbs. Georgia rb that went to Alabama State. Has some character issues. But for a 7th, take a flyer. Denver loves Georgia RBs.

Comment

• SF is having an amazing draft, although i still believe i dont think/see how more than 6-7 make that team.

Comment

• Rich Eisen slip of the tongue calling Seattle seawhores. Hilarious!
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• "@JonHeathNFL: Interesting nugget from ESPN's @AdamSchefter: #Broncos are "interested in" taking a QB today to groom up. Not sure what plan would be w/ Oz?"

I really like McCarron

Comment

• Hoping we go with Christian Jones FSU.
                            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• Originally posted by swbroncos View Post
                              But a 7th rd pick is still not as valuable as a 5th rd pick. All those guys you've mentioned have fallen for good reason. And yes, a guy can get over drafted if a team wants- that's up to them BUT it can't happen of you don't have that pick. You only have a shot at whatever player everybody else passed on 6 times or more. Now, we have put ourselves in a position where if we want Williamson we have to take him in the 4th or trade more picks and more potential cheap contributors to move up again for a shot at him. Instead of getting for example dontae Johnson (4th), Williamson (5th), plus our 6th and 7th we have to go Williamson (4th) and then pick leftovers in the 6th and 7th.
                              This is how I view later rd prospects.

-Why are they considered late rd picks? Health, speed, height, weight, level of competition, JUCO transfer, off the field/character issues, lack of focus, inconsistent Senior year.....the list goes on.

I can't say that guys get overdrafted because I don't know what grade teams have on a prospect, but I do know that teams miss all the time. Victor Cruz is a prime example. He went undrafted and he said that the Giants were the only team to offer him a contract. He was one team away from selling insurance. There is very good talent in the 7th rd, and this is one thing that all Bronco fans should know 1st hand because we've done very good with UDFAs.
                              sigpic

Comment

"@JonHeathNFL: Interesting nugget from ESPN's @AdamSchefter: #Broncos are "interested in" taking a QB today to groom up. Not sure what plan would be w/ Oz?"

I really like McCarron
                                Best one would stay and loser would leave or backup winner
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X