No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiry, lanky frame with long arms. Plays with impressive intensity and physicality for his size. Prides himself on big hits and is unafraid to mix it up in the box against the run. Has an explosive first step and hits top speed rapidly.
    World-class, sprinter-type speed with the click-and-close ability to play tight coverage and mirror receivers all over the field. Fluid in reverse and transitions smoothly without losing a step. Effective blitzer off the edge and surprises offensive linemen with his elite first step.

Maintains awareness of receiver while reading quarterback's eyes. Effective using length and surprising punch to disengage from blocks in run support.

I will take that any day. Great the kid has some weaknesses, what player at 31 doesn't. This kid is going to be a solid starter in a few years. Every player has a bad game or games, he is what we all talked about all offseason, give us someone who is physical, boom here he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
      We needed a corner... talent wise they say really good, not sure what his off the field issues are and poor tackling is not a great asset.
      Hes very aggressive...May not have the best form but is a good cb against run..had 69 tackles last yr and was ejected in 1st quarter aganst Iowa for blowing up a WR

Comment

• Phillip Gaines was my choice. Roby is just like Tony Carter, they have the speed to run with any receiver, but they can't locate the ball to save their lives.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MHS View Post
          so it wasn't the guy i wanted but wow some yall are super negative... at least watch him play
          yeah that's why I don't like the pick. He doesn't tackle well and gives up catches in tight windows. NFL QBs will be even better at putting the ball into tight windows and guys will be harder to tackle. He has an uphill battle ahead of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
            Smh on this 1st round .... I don't get the win now mode in free agency but not the draft???
            They took a guy whose a top 15-20 talent.

We're picking at 31, who are you expecting?

Quit crying.

Comment

• David Carr flamed out because he was getting hit every time he dropped back to pass. Pass rushers were planting him in the ground like he was flower seeds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                I think Houston wanted Bridgewater, now they are stuck with Carr. Do you think they have the stones to draft him after his brother flamed out there?
                NO! Never
                sigpic

Comment

• Most mock drafts had him going in the mid-20s. We need a CB to compete with our top 3 guys and he will. He could start right away on the outside under JDR. We have done nothing to doubt our ability to draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
                    Ah.. Because offense (at skill positions especially) isn't the problem for us?
                    Not true. 8 points is reflective of lack of receivers' ability to get off press and lack of offensive line protection. Offense is a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
                      Roby is a decent pick but id rather get the trade sea. Got.
                      Denver FO always disappoints me on draft day once again
                      You'd want 37 where Roby wouldnt be and an early 4th?

We need some impact players.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                        Phillip Gaines was my choice. Roby is just like Tony Carter, they have the speed to run with any receiver, but they can't locate the ball to save their lives.
                        U could not be more wrong in your comparison or description of his play...GAINES is not anywhere in this guys league & either is Tony Carter...

Comment

• I still think the priority was the O-line. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                            Not true. 8 points is reflective of lack of receivers' ability to get off press and lack of offensive line protection. Offense is a problem.
                            So you want Lee in order to beat press coverage?
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• this board on draft day....

never disappoints.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                                Phillip Gaines was my choice. Roby is just like Tony Carter, they have the speed to run with any receiver, but they can't locate the ball to save their lives.

He set a school record for pass break-ups. He must be locating something.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X