The OFFICIAL 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denver11tebow View Post
    Wiry, lanky frame with long arms. Plays with impressive intensity and physicality for his size. Prides himself on big hits and is unafraid to mix it up in the box against the run. Has an explosive first step and hits top speed rapidly.
    World-class, sprinter-type speed with the click-and-close ability to play tight coverage and mirror receivers all over the field. Fluid in reverse and transitions smoothly without losing a step. Effective blitzer off the edge and surprises offensive linemen with his elite first step.

Maintains awareness of receiver while reading quarterback's eyes. Effective using length and surprising punch to disengage from blocks in run support.

I will take that any day. Great the kid has some weaknesses, what player at 31 doesn't. This kid is going to be a solid starter in a few years. Every player has a bad game or games, he is what we all talked about all offseason, give us someone who is physical, boom here he is.
    Watched his highlights and was impressed off that initially (even considering that yes it was obviously a highlight reel) he looks awesome

Have to watch more but love the pick off the bat

Comment

• Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
      I watched him every week, what do you know?
      With all due respect you bring a pretty biased opinion to the table. While I understand you likely know a lot about Roby, it wouldn't be the first time a fan of a team over-hyped a player on the team. I've been guilty of it with USC guys before.

Comment

• Chris Harris ‏@ChrisHarrisJr
        Welcome Roby to #noflyzone

Comment

• True story: A couple years ago I really wanted either Marcel Dareus or Nick Fairley. DT was a real need for us. Instead, they went with Von Miller. Although I thought Miller would be pretty good, I felt we really made a mistake passing on those two. Well Miller is a Pro Bowler now and neither Dareus or Fairley are setting the world on fire. In the meantime, the FO did a good job getting DT's via FA. The moral of the story is they know more football than I do and their moves have worked out pretty good so far. I'm willing to give this pick a chance.

Comment

• Ive read that Roby was not allowed to play as aggressive in his final year, often times lined up 10 yards away from the WR because of a coaches choice. Any truth to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
              With all due respect you bring a pretty biased opinion to the table. While I understand you likely know a lot about Roby, it wouldn't be the first time a fan of a team over-hyped a player on the team. I've been guilty of it with USC guys before.
              Are all of these mocks that had him going between 15 and 25 also biased?

Comment

Roby shows some great raw ability but gets beat repeatedly by Abrederris.

Guy has the talent to be good, but it will take work and time.
                He had ONE bad game last year. If you ever watch football you would know that happens sometimes. Maybe you should go get a recording of last years Superbowl and see what I mean, because you obviously didn't watch it.
                Where is this season going?

Comment

• its almost comical that people can be so negative haha
                  sigpic
                  "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• As a Buckeye fan that's watched every game of Roby's... You are going to be pretty disappointed if you are happy about him. He's fast, but he always gets burned and he can't tackle. Has talent but it seems like he's never going 100 percent. Leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe they can coach him up? Let's hope so.

Comment

• all I know is that with harris, Roby, Talib, Carter, and Webster at CB then Ward, Moore, and Duke at safety it looks like we will have a decent secondary, at worst, with a ton of potential and room for growth and development. The oldest one is 28 (Talib) then Ward is 27. I am liking the looks of this secondary and it should last for quite some time.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kooterscoot View Post
                        As a Buckeye fan that's watched every game of Roby's... You are going to be pretty disappointed if you are happy about him. He's fast, but he always gets burned and he can't tackle. Has talent but it seems like he's never going 100 percent. Leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe they can coach him up? Let's hope so.
                        Do you think he can play FS?
                        sigpic

Comment

• @VicLombardi: Elway just told me really Broncos tried to move up to 16. My guess is they wanted Mosley there.

Comment

• Originally posted by kooterscoot View Post
                            As a Buckeye fan that's watched every game of Roby's... You are going to be pretty disappointed if you are happy about him. He's fast, but he always gets burned and he can't tackle. Has talent but it seems like he's never going 100 percent. Leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe they can coach him up? Let's hope so.
                            Well let's hope for Broncos sake you're wrong. No offense of course.
                            sigpic

Comment

I haven't over-hyped him at all, I've just defended him from your obviously unknowledgeable attacks. MANY others had him going higher in the draft than what he went. They probably know a tad bit more than either you or I do.
                              Where is this season going?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                all I know is that with harris, Roby, Talib, Carter, and Webster at CB then Ward, Moore, and Duke at safety it looks like we will have a decent secondary, at worst, with a ton of potential and room for growth and development. The oldest one is 28 (Talib) then Ward is 27. I am liking the looks of this secondary and it should last for quite some time.
                                Its a great unit, as a whole. Hopefully Roby can get some time to work on his game with the depth the Broncos have in their secondary already.

Comment

Working...
                                X