The OFFICIAL 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Well let's hope for Broncos sake you're wrong. No offense of course.
    Definitely hope I'm wrong. He is fast though... You can see it in every game when he was chasing someone down after he got burned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
      Rock Paper Scissors.

DT beat Revis, does that mean Revis is bad?

Talib Shut down many #1 WR's, does that mean they are bad?

Some guys just don't match up well with certain guys.

Frankly, I will gamble on a CB at 31 with sick physical skills and hope we can coach him up rather than mortgage the future to move up and get a slightly more liked unknown, than the unknown we drafted at 31....
      Good post.

The NFL Network showed all sorts of video of Clowney playing poorly too. I guess that was a horrible pick, also?

Comment

• Roby had 36 pass break-ups in 37 games.
        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
        Adopted By:
        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
        Broncbeat

Comment

• Few things that I have gathered from this past year and seen on the games I have watched. 2 years ago they had him playing a lot more press-man type coverage and he excelled very well. This past season they had him playing a lot more off-man type coverage. He struggled for the first half of the season. As he got used to playing a little more off he adjusted and started playing closer to how he looked the year before.

2nd--From what I understand a lot of the problem in that Wisconsin game was miscommunications between the secondary of who had who and where they were supposed to be. This does happen from time to time. Now yes he did just get flat out beat on a few plays but that doesn't mean he isn't still a good player.

3rd--He has some time to develop. The Broncos don't need him to be our #1 corner or even our #2 at this point. They can bring him along this year developing him as a prospect. As some have said he reminds me a bit of a more aggressive DRC. When DRC signed with us they told him that they were going to coach up his weaknesses to make him a better Corner. He finished the year as a top-10 Corner in the league where the year before he was a hot mess. My guess is the Broncos have a good chance to do the same with Roby.

Comment

• Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
            I guess you and I watched the same games in parallel universes.
            Yea I honestly don't know what you were watching. A teams number one corner shouldn't be getting thrown at consistently. And he should be be able to make a tackle in the open field. There's a reason our pass defense was horrible last season.

Comment

• Vic said Elway tried to move up and it was too expensive. It's more of a gamble to lose picks.
              was MileHigh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                Good pick by the Vikings. I am going to say it now, Bridgewater is the best QB in the 2014 draft.
                I agree. Bridgewater beats the pants off the other guys in real time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHile View Post
                  Vic said Elway tried to move up and it was too expensive. It's more of a gamble to lose picks.
                  then elway did the right thing... CJ Mosley is a good prospect but he isn't lights out... it probably would have costed at least the broncos 2nd...
                  sigpic
                  "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHile View Post
                    Vic said Elway tried to move up and it was too expensive. It's more of a gamble to lose picks.
                    I think we should offer of 1st next year depending on what the board looks like at around 45. That's being aggressive without selling the future.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MHS View Post
                      then elway did the right thing... CJ Mosley is a good prospect but he isn't lights out... it probably would have costed at least the broncos 2nd...
                      I agree. The only one I would have wanted to trade up for would be Aaron Donald. But I don't think he'd fit for us. I didn't like Mosley all that much. I was more impressed with Van Noy and Borland. Either of them in the second would be sweet.. I'd trade a 3rd up for Carr too maybe.

Comment

• Elway slow and steady build for now and the future, love what I am seeing from this FO.
                        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                          I agree. The only one I would have wanted to trade up for would be Aaron Donald. But I don't think he'd fit for us. I didn't like Mosley all that much. I was more impressed with Van Noy and Borland. Either of them in the second would be sweet.. I'd trade a 3rd up for Carr too maybe.
                          if broncos get borland or jordan tripp i will be extremely happy.
                          sigpic
                          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• I like the pick! A few months ago I said we should get Roby and Skov

But I really wanted Mosely and Shazier :/
                            Now go get your shine box

Comment

• I will say this, Some of that i did notice as well. They switched up there defensive scheme last year and it seemed like Roby was not comfortable in it. Some of the time he was lost and because of his skill set (fast). He gambled often and lost. But often he just got beat on double moves. Fine because Verrett did as well and i cant knock him for it. But you will start day one when they have a first round pick invested in you. I hope he learns quick and play him often in Man. Hopefully in slot and not outside right away where his physical play will lead to pass int calls. Not happy with the pick but ill live. Just take Borland round 2 and ill forgive it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                                I would LOVE to get Borland in the 2nd.
                                Where is this season going?

Comment

Working...
                                X