Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
    I think he meant "by a long shot".

To me, that means that there wasn't much question that Roby was the highest guy on the board, and the next highest guy wasn't that close.
    That is what I am saying. Again Roby being a top 15 prospect and say Lee was 25th on their board (just guessing). In terms of the 1st round that is a huge difference in talent. Again that is like Donald compared to Ford on a big board if not more as I had Ford around 35 but because he was taken 10 picks later that is why I am using this example. Doesn't mean Lee wasn't a talent on our board it just means Roby was that much more talented that it was impossible to pass him up. Throw in Roby is at a position of actual need where Lee would just be adding to an already very good receiving core. So higher ranked player at a position of need trumps that of a guy lower on the board at a position that just needs maybe a little depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      I really like Desir but obviously its tough to justify back-to-back corners
      Just a thought, don't kill me. Roby at FS Gaines at CB.
      sigpic

Comment

I really like Desir but obviously its tough to justify back-to-back corners
        There are some good ones later too. Antone Exum or Dontae Johnson are guys I like in the 4th partially because both could play FS as well.
        Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

• Anyone know what time it starts tonight ?

7 ET ?

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
            Different. Still don't know if you could justify taking DB back-to-back for this team.

Comment

Anyone know what time it starts tonight ?

7 ET ?
              I think so.

Comment

Interesting idea and I wouldn't be opposed to it, but is the thinking that Moore won't recover ?

I love the Moore/Ward partnership but we need a S at some point, the depth there is non-existant

Comment

I would be ok with that. Gives us two very big players. Roby I think can handle covering even the big TE's and won't be afraid to get physical with them. He has the closing speed to really cover a half of the field if needed. My only concern would be those are 2 very different positions and I just don't know how well Roby can do in learning the new position. But you never know he could thrive and become one of the better FS in the league. Gaines then still gives us the good cover corner with size and speed. I'm hoping we get Gaines as well here later in the draft. Love that kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                    There are some good ones later too. Antone Exum or Dontae Johnson are guys I like in the 4th partially because both could play FS as well.
                    I wouldn't mind one of these with our thrd -

Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson

E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri

Dontae Johnson, CB, N.C. State

Marqueston Huff, CB/S, Wyoming

Comment

Interesting idea and I wouldn't be opposed to it, but is the thinking that Moore won't recover ?

I love the Moore/Ward partnership but we need a S at some point, the depth there is non-existant
                      We need a contingency plan for A) if Moore isn't recovered or B) if we don't/can't resign him after this year.

Comment

I like Walt Aikens in the 4th. He can also play both ways (CB/FS).

Comment

Pretty good list. Johnson has that size/speed that makes him potentially dangerous. As well as more fluidity than any of the other "big corners" this year. Again, there is also a chance that he plays FS next year if we don't keep Moore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                            I like Walt Aikens in the 4th. He can also play both ways (CB/FS).
                            Forgot Aikens. I love this DB group honestly. Guys I like all the way through round 5.

Comment

Just not confident that we'll re-sign him.
                              sigpic

Comment

I would rather keep Roby at CB and take Purifoy as a FS and make him a return man. I also like Jaylen Watkins as a CB in the 3rd if they like Roby as S depth.

I just still love Moore, and hope he keeps his job.
                                Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
                                X