X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I see everyone is complaining about our picks, which means Elway must have struck gold again lol
    Lol you might be right.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    I see everyone is complaining about our picks, which means Elway must have struck gold again lol

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has posted this or if any of you guys had heard this, but there were 37 underclassmen that went undrafted. Who is in their ear telling these kids it is a good idea to enter the draft knowing full well you lose your amateur status as soon as you sign an agent. It is just so sad to me that 37 kids thought so highly of themselves and had someone in their ear who probably knew better telling them this was a good idea and now they aren't on an NFL roster and also can't return to school.
    One guy I wanted in this draft was UAB RB Darrin Reaves. Before Reaves made the decision to skip his Sr. Year, he checked with the league to get a draft grade. He was graded a 4th rd RB. I think where the mistake is made is that they get these grades not realizing that it doesn't mean you will get drafted in that rd. Either way, he got picked up by the Panthers, and the money he'll make should put him and his family in a better position.

Leave a comment:

• dandaman23
    replied
    Not sure if anyone has posted this or if any of you guys had heard this, but there were 37 underclassmen that went undrafted. Who is in their ear telling these kids it is a good idea to enter the draft knowing full well you lose your amateur status as soon as you sign an agent. It is just so sad to me that 37 kids thought so highly of themselves and had someone in their ear who probably knew better telling them this was a good idea and now they aren't on an NFL roster and also can't return to school.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by swbroncos View Post
    No I don't. Sorry. After today I see 7th rounders as basically pointless. It's like a more secure udfa. He took guys we'd never heard of and toward the end of the 7th you can prob just get those guys as free agents... They were projected to go there by the media but not anyone drafting. I would have been much more excited about what they could've done with a fourth and fifth and never even had a 7th.

Because they lost their fifth they at least traded back to get value, which was good but in the meantime lost a fourth and 7th rounder. The 4th is still the heart of the draft to me and the options were reach for a fifth rounder or just trade away that pick since we didn't have the option to take someone in the fifth. Imo there was legit second and third round talent available in the fourth cuz this is a deep draft. That value is simply not there in the 7th.

I liked Tiny and some other guys but if we wanted them we coulda still had them w/out a pick imo.
    Well the guy we wanted in the 4th, we ended up getting in the 5th with another 5th for next year to soften the blow of losing our 4th in the Latimer trade. I can't get mad about that at all. But I see your point and respect it, I just don't agree
    Last edited by JayJack; 05-13-2014, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• swbroncos
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    Do you get my point now? Although Elway didn't take advantage of it, there we loads of prospects in the 7th rd that were projected to be 3rd-5th rd picks!
    No I don't. Sorry. After today I see 7th rounders as basically pointless. It's like a more secure udfa. He took guys we'd never heard of and toward the end of the 7th you can prob just get those guys as free agents... They were projected to go there by the media but not anyone drafting. I would have been much more excited about what they could've done with a fourth and fifth and never even had a 7th.

Because they lost their fifth they at least traded back to get value, which was good but in the meantime lost a fourth and 7th rounder. The 4th is still the heart of the draft to me and the options were reach for a fifth rounder or just trade away that pick since we didn't have the option to take someone in the fifth. Imo there was legit second and third round talent available in the fourth cuz this is a deep draft. That value is simply not there in the 7th.

I liked Tiny and some other guys but if we wanted them we coulda still had them w/out a pick imo.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by swbroncos View Post
    But a 7th rd pick is still not as valuable as a 5th rd pick. All those guys you've mentioned have fallen for good reason. And yes, a guy can get over drafted if a team wants- that's up to them BUT it can't happen of you don't have that pick. You only have a shot at whatever player everybody else passed on 6 times or more. Now, we have put ourselves in a position where if we want Williamson we have to take him in the 4th or trade more picks and more potential cheap contributors to move up again for a shot at him. Instead of getting for example dontae Johnson (4th), Williamson (5th), plus our 6th and 7th we have to go Williamson (4th) and then pick leftovers in the 6th and 7th.
    Do you get my point now? Although Elway didn't take advantage of it, there we loads of prospects in the 7th rd that were projected to be 3rd-5th rd picks!

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii007
    replied
    Christian Jones is the same guy that some person on twitter on MHR was complaining that the Broncos did not take in the 2nd day right?

Leave a comment:

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
    Purifoy is listed here signed unofficially to the Broncos.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014-...ed-free-agents
    Noticed that too. Nothing official. Still hoping.

Leave a comment:

• cirehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    Just stop...

Ludicrous to judge a draft hours after it happened.

Elway Draft History prior to 2014:
    3 drafts
    23 picks/19 still on the roster
    11 either starting or making significant contributions on starting units.

Most teams would be thrilled with that kind of production.
    Stop clouding the issue with factual information.

Leave a comment:

• Ohenhen12345
    replied
    Purifoy is listed here signed unofficially to the Broncos.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014-...ed-free-agents

Leave a comment:

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
    Any confirmation on Purifoy?
    As far as I can find he has not signed anywhere. Maybe weighing his options? Same with Roberson actually.

Alligator Army ‏@AlligatorArmy
    Only undrafted #Gators still without a confirmed UDFA landing spot are ... you guessed it, Loucheiz Purifoy and Marcus Roberson.
    Last edited by FrostySeamus; 05-10-2014, 09:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• montee2ball
    replied
    Any confirmation on Purifoy?

Leave a comment:

• Ohenhen12345
    replied
    Denver Broncos Bryn Renner QB North Carolina Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State Bennie Fowler WR Michigan State Isaiah Burse WR Fresno State Kapri Bibbs RB Colorado State Greg Hardin WR North Dakota State Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida Mister Cobble DT Kentucky Juwan Thompson RB Duke Brennan Clay RB Oklahoma Kenny Anunike DE Duke Steven Clark, P, Auburn Greg Latta, DE, Purdue Aslam Sterling T Kansas Jordan Sullen CB Tulane Louis Young CB Goergia Tech

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
    I like the Anunike, Burse and Bibbs and purifoy pickups. JE is better at Free agency,
    Just stop...

Ludicrous to judge a draft hours after it happened.

Elway Draft History prior to 2014:
    3 drafts
    23 picks/19 still on the roster
    11 either starting or making significant contributions on starting units.

Most teams would be thrilled with that kind of production.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X