John Fox a.k.a Al Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Fox a.k.a Al Davis

Anyone else see the press conference with Elway and Fox after the draft was over. They asked then how they thought they did after it was all said and done. To which fox replied , " well right off the bat we definetly got faster" which he repeated like 2 or 3 times.... Being fast is nice and all but really is that our man in concern now??

I noticed that was definitely the them throughout this draft. But we also got tougher as well.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
      Anyone else see the press conference with Elway and Fox after the draft was over. They asked then how they thought they did after it was all said and done. To which fox replied , " well right off the bat we definetly got faster" which he repeated like 2 or 3 times.... Being fast is nice and all but really is that our man in concern now??
      Hey guy, the raiders sucked everywhere and only focused on speed and size. One of the Broncos few issues last year was speed. The comparison is way off base.

Comment

We needed to get faster. We did that. But we did it without giving up talent. They are all talented players with a very high ceiling. I'm particularly excited to see how Roby does after some great coaching. Remember Del Rio turned DRC's career around, plus he has Talib to mentor from. I have a feeling he will be amazing.

So now we are a faster, more talented team than last year.

Comment

The thing is with this class.. Yeah we got faster and tougher.. But these players were productive in college and have shown actual talent and that their athleticism translated to their game.
          https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

You're confusing getting faster with worrying only about speed. The Broncos try to get good football players and through the draft we add youth with more speed to replace departed veterans that did not have ideal playing speed anymore. The Raiders, on the other hand, have always been fast, but many players had just speed and nothing else. To have speed, Al Davis ignored character and core football skills. John Fox and the Broncos are nothing like that. You do need speed in the NFL. Fox said the same thing in previous drafts. Von Miller brought speed and freakish athleticism to our pass rush that previously only had Dumervil. Rahim Moore brought more speed deep in the secondary. Guys like Champ Bailey and Paris Lenon are gone, and this draft brought young replacements with more speed. So yea, we got faster but we also consider other traits while Al Davis drafted guys that could not play or did not care about football just because of speed. So no, Fox is not Al Davis 2.0 and he is not the one calling shots anyway.
            sigpic

Comment

Ya true dat on keeping talent bit also getting faster all I know is I'm excited to get this season started already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

John Fox annoys the hell outta me. The day he gets canned will be a good day.

Comment

Ya that's great. Our personal enjoyment is a must. Then we can hire another josh mcdaniels and while not as annoying our team will also suck again.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I'm not a fan of John Fox one bit but he's absolutely 100% correct here. I've been praying for Denver to get SPEED on this team for the past 3 years. Fox saw the the overall speed Seattle had in the superbowl and that the broncos just couldn't handle it. They def upgraded the team speed this offseason which puts a smile on this guy's face.
                    Come on September!!!
                    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                      Ya that's great. Our personal enjoyment is a must. Then we can hire another josh mcdaniels and while not as annoying our team will also suck again.
                      I dont know drafting a 2nd blocking TE in the 2nd round trading a 1st round pick which turned out to be 1 of the best S in the game for a too short too slow CB drafting a DE borderline DT to be a rush linebacker and ignoring established coaches who were his assistants kind of annoyed me more then a guy who sits back and lets Elway get good FA but draft guys based mostly on speed

Seattle though drafts on speed too granted they tend to look at guys with speed and size, and are a bit bigger in the backfield and actually care about drafting D, especially when your offense has fewer issues.
                      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 05-11-2014, 12:22 PM.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                        John Fox annoys the hell outta me. The day he gets canned will be a good day.
                        I seriously doubt if you will even see Fox "canned"! He will probably retire in a year or two but never canned! lol He is too conservative for me but MUCH better than coach McD! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                          I seriously doubt if you will even see Fox "canned"! He will probably retire in a year or two but never canned! lol He is too conservative for me but MUCH better than coach McD! lol
                          While I agree he is conservative, what he brings to the stability and happiness in the locker room more than makes up for that. Not to mention he does a great job of listening to and letting his coordinators go out and do there jobs. He is a coach that is respected by the players and coaches alike. If it was not for Fox half of our big FA signings would never have happened. Does anybody really believe Peyton or Welker or Ware would be here if McDaniels was still coaching?
                          sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                          UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Uhh, we needed to get faster.

The players they added were good football players, plus faster.

Seattle showed how that speed paid off in the SB.

Comment

I think after seeing what speed does in the Suprebowl, the Broncos added it in the draft. I am hopeful it works out, but beyond Latimer, none of their picks made me fist-pump and say Yesssssss- we got that guy!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X