Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Mcshay 2015 Mock 1.0

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...rus-first-mock

He has Denver taking Denzel Perryman MLB Miami at 32.

I know some of you are pounding the table for OL, I personally think it should be our top pick as well, but I also think LB is a bit of a concern. Personally I have 3 LBs in my top tier. McKinney, Perryman, and Kendrick. I fluctuate on the day as to who I like more. That said Perryman is a banger, and has two or three monster hits a game. However, he is also good in pass coverage, and pretty athletic. He may be the hardest hitter in college and is a force in the middle. However, he is on the shorter end and sometimes overpursues. Interesting pick to say the least.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

I as well want a top flight OL, but I LB is my next pick. I also like those 3 with Kendricks being my favorite. I still wouldn't mind all 3 though.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Dante Fowler, but it looks like he'll be long gone by the time we pick.

Also, what kind of linemen are you guys looking for? A RT to allow Vasquez to move back to G and Ramirez back to C? Or draft a guard to allow Ramirez back to C and keep Vasquez at RT?
      Last edited by housemouse; 12-17-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
        I'm a huge fan of Dante Fowler, but it looks like he'll be long gone by the time we pick.

Also, what kind of linemen are you guys looking for? A RT to allow Vasquez to move back to G and Ramirez back to C? Or draft a guard to allow Ramirez back to C and keep Vasquez at RT?
        My personal opinion is OC should be our concern. My guy is Hroniss Grasu. Personally, I think Schofield will be our RT next year.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

ILB is certainly a need for the Broncos.

Comment

I think they would've taken Borland last year if they gave a damn about middle backer

they'll probably trade back and then take a center and QB

Comment

I'd love to see OC and RT taken care of by round 4. We can salute Will for his commendable performance this year, but the dude is old. Man ram looked good thanks to Manning's fast releases and teams know to attack the guard positions, so I'd love to see us get some maulers that can move. (Hopefully these maulers are light on their feet so we can implement the zone blocking scheme. Miss those bootlegs.)
              Last edited by Bterres105; 12-19-2014, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I think we should keep the oline together for another season. Draft some olinemen later in the draft and let them develop with paradis and schofield.

Perry man would be a great pick but I have a feeling Willis may be done in San Fran. He may be our big splash this season

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                  I'd love to see OC and RT taken care of by round 4. We can salute Will for his commendable performance this year, but the dude is old. Man ram looked good thanks to Manning's fast releases and teams know to attack the guard positions, so I'd love to see us get some maulers that can move. (Hopefully these maulers are light on their feet so we can implement the zone blocking scheme. Miss those bootlegs.)
                  Montgomery is 31, that's not too old for a center. Man ram has looked surprisingly good when he's been asked to pull. There isn't a free agent or a prospect that will play better at rt than Vasquez has thus far. We probably won't ever see manning run a bootleg.

I don't think any oline prospect that will be available when we pick will be better than what we have. Collins may be a better guard if he's there. I think we should draft someone like vadal Alexander in the 2nd or 3rd round and let him develop behind the guys we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Montgomery is 31, that's not too old for a center. Man ram has looked surprisingly good when he's been asked to pull. There isn't a free agent or a prospect that will play better at rt than Vasquez has thus far. We probably won't ever see manning run a bootleg.

I don't think any oline prospect that will be available when we pick will be better than what we have. Collins may be a better guard if he's there. I think we should draft someone like vadal Alexander in the 2nd or 3rd round and let him develop behind the guys we have now.
                    I also wouldn't doubt Paradis an Schofield. Paradis definitely has the intelligence to play at this level and has above size and strength for a center. He could easily walk into camp next year between 310-315lbs and take the center position.

Schofield also has a legit shot at RG. He may not have Knighton type strength but by next years TC he should be another level. He carries almost no body fat at 305lbs and could carry another 20 with little problems. I could easily see him and Paradis starting at center and RG with keeping Vasquez at RT and resigning Franklin.

Also if we carry Jon Halapio into next year and he can compete at guard I wouldn't doubt him as a dark horse candidate or at least a backup.
                    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                      I think they would've taken Borland last year if they gave a damn about middle backer

they'll probably trade back and then take a center and QB
                      Yeah cause a 5'10 MLB from the big 10 is guaranteed to be hit. Of, course every undersized player from a slower conference is a not miss. It's EXTREMELY easy to be captain hindsight. I could sit here all day and say if we would've taken Avery Williamson, like I wanted, in the 5th round before trading back to get Lamin Barrow we would be in just as good of position as if we drafted Borland.
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                        Yeah cause a 5'10 MLB from the big 10 is guaranteed to be hit. Of, course every undersized player from a slower conference is a not miss. It's EXTREMELY easy to be captain hindsight. I could sit here all day and say if we would've taken Avery Williamson, like I wanted, in the 5th round before trading back to get Lamin Barrow we would be in just as good of position as if we drafted Borland.
                        Not to mention Borland plays in a scheme that hides his faults and lets him play to his strengths. We all saw how having a slower mlb in hurts our defense the past two years with brooking and Lenon

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                          More about ignoring the position of need than not taking specifically Borland

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                            More about ignoring the position of need than not taking specifically Borland
                            Irving played very well before he got hurt, maybe they didn't see it as that big of a need. Maybe they liked lamin barrow more than the other mlbs after cj Mosley whom they tried to trade up for

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              Irving played very well before he got hurt, maybe they didn't see it as that big of a need. Maybe they liked lamin barrow more than the other mlbs after cj Mosley whom they tried to trade up for
                              I liked Barrow too, hes a good LB but hes still a bit developmental. In all honesty Borlans lack of size and athleticism made him fall off the map last year. He is a smart player but thats about all he had going for him. Barrow was 2nd on my list of players not named Mosley (knew he wouldnt fall to us), but #1 was said to have anger issues.

Still I want to draft another LB because I am still a bit worried about the position to be honest and extra competition is something we need in that corps
                              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                              X