Oline oline oline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    To be fair, there will be no elite or top notch players at 32. That's why the draft is the way it is. OL is arguably the deepest position group in this draft.

Guys like Fisher, Sambrailo, Drango (if he comes out), and Oklahoma OTS will be there in the 2nd.
    Drango might because of back issues teams could get scared even if hes all clear. Sambrailo looks like he might be like Schofield and work on his lower body strenght for a year, which makes drafting him seem like we are just repeating ourselves. Fisher to me seems to benefit a lot from that blocking scheme and is rarely off in isolation. Not sure if I trust him 100% though after the senior bowl I will probably come around to him being a good pick.

Honestly even before 32 Im not sold on these T's this year, sadly the one I like is 358 lbs but still moves like hes 308, but thats a dangerous thing to bring to the mile high city.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
      Drango might because of back issues teams could get scared even if hes all clear. Sambrailo looks like he might be like Schofield and work on his lower body strenght for a year, which makes drafting him seem like we are just repeating ourselves. Fisher to me seems to benefit a lot from that blocking scheme and is rarely off in isolation. Not sure if I trust him 100% though after the senior bowl I will probably come around to him being a good pick.

Honestly even before 32 Im not sold on these T's this year, sadly the one I like is 358 lbs but still moves like hes 308, but thats a dangerous thing to bring to the mile high city.
      No love for Erving, Clemmings, or Stanley either? So what is you solution to our OL problem?
      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Brandon Scherff looks good to me.
        sigpic

Comment

To bad he is a top 10 pick.

Comment

No love for Erving, Clemmings, or Stanley either? So what is you solution to our OL problem?
            I love Erving if he werent currently projected as being a late 1st early 2nd rounder. Though yes he can be overaggressive and give his opponents opportunities to get by him and he does use his upper body more often then he should hes a good C but i am not sure if a 1st is just indicative of the fact that he has little competition. IMO Mancz is a guy ild like to keep my eye on

Clemmings is a natural OT with little experience he looks like a great LT though in all honesty he is still raw for a 1st rounder and can struggle with different types of pass rushes. He would be a good LT but not sure if hes elite and I dont see him as a RT hes got to much finesse. Stanley could probably be both but he is also still developing.

My problem is that they really dont look like an improvement over Vasquez. Collins is more developed then either of the 2 and thats why I am hoping he falls, and his athleticism is still fairly impressive.

Right now RG is probably the best position to focus on because its the only position with Matias and Shead I am certain are upgrades for what we have right now, or we can move Shead to LG because he can pull and move Franklin to RG. We keep our T's the way they are for now and either keep and/or bring in competition off the streets. Unfortunately this class is not as impressive right now but after the Senior Bowl the Shrine Game and the Combine that might change, but for now it seems like a waist to reach for a need.

Comment

To bad he is a top 10 pick.
              you never know.........
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                you never know.........
                Usually to fall out of the top 10 to below 20 this late in the game you either need to do something very stupid or fail miserably at both the combine and proday, and he would also need to look terrible at the senior bowl. If thats the case we wouldnt want him.

Comment

People want to bash the combine but for players like lineman especially it can be especially important, because you get a look at important aspects that make a good O-lineman.

1. Physical health, some players like Drango have had back problems in the past and an official look at their health shows whether that is a problem that can continue to exist in the future.

2. Endurance, at the mile high especially a large player can be effected by a lack of endurance. You want your lineman to stay on the field as long as they can and in that process they cant be huffing and puffing or craving water because that can result in them getting beat fairly often due to exhaustion and poor technique. You get a good sense by the tape but the bench press is a good indication of how much endurance a player has especially if they perform the other drills at the combine.

3. Leg strength, despite popular belief your leverage and your power comes more from your legs then your upper body. If a player is top heavy it easier to knock them over and can prevent them from winning easier match ups. A lack of leg strength can lead to poor technique injuries and exhaustion. With the jumping portion of the combine many heavier players fail to succeed because they are so top heavy, but if they do it means they can carry the weight well and have the power behind their legs to do well in the future. This is hard to see on tape but a player that lacks this is going to need time to develop this and from what I understand lower body strength is something neglected in leg room by many players who need it the most.

4. Footwork and Flexibility, this can be seen on tap easier then anything but the combine can give a scout and team a better look. The speed drills give a team the chance to see the potential a player has at sliding, turning and moving up field to beat those they face. You want what they call a dancing bear because angle of attack is everything at the line and losing an angle is usually the result of not being able to move your feet well due to excessive weight. A lineman needs to bend and be able to move quickly keep good leverage so being able to dip around cones can be a good way to see that players flexibility.

5. Arm and hand length, if a player is short armed on the line they must draw in their opponents in closer to attack which puts them at a disadvantage. With a long arm you can handle more then opponent at times and you can prevent them from getting a better angle moving around you or even attacking without a hold. Short armed players have a smaller range and have a harder time getting off their opponent in a quicker manner. Hand length can be important because the initial punch has been shown to be a bit better with a player that can hit with a wider hand. Sometimes its hard to tell on tape exactly how much better a player has in terms of length. In some cases bigger players have a bigger wing span but a short player can sometimes have this advantage and as a shorter player with a longer arm leverage can be easier to get.

Its hard to evaluate technique without tape which shows how ready a player is however, if a player has trouble with certain issues in physical traits it could be hard to notice especially since they arent always going against athletic specimens in college. Many thought Walton was a high rated G but he proved at the combine he had short arms and got exhausted easily which were problems that plagued him at the next level especially at a mile high.

Comment

I personally think we only need 1 spot on the Oline (maybe 2), just happen to be one of the more important spot.

--> Right Tackle

Why, because if we can get a good right tackle we can move LV back to his all pro position. We just have problems on the Right side.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                      I personally think we only need 1 spot on the Oline (maybe 2), just happen to be one of the more important spot.

--> Right Tackle

Why, because if we can get a good right tackle we can move LV back to his all pro position. We just have problems on the Right side.
                      I really like Jake Fisher or Ty Sambrailo in the 2nd.

Comment

Some of the OL talk depends what the FO thinks of Schofield.

I'd love Cam Erving but i dont see him falling to us.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          Some of the OL talk depends what the FO thinks of Schofield.

I'd love Cam Erving but i dont see him falling to us.
                          This is why, IMO, Cameron has to be the target. The position flexibility he provides will be very important for us. Will Schofield be our RT or LG? Will Matt Paradis or Ramirez be our Center? Will Vasquez stay at RT or go back to RG

Whatever void we have in regards to our O-Line, Erving is an answer for one of them from LG-RT. He may not fall to us, but we need to be aggressive and move up to get him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X