No announcement yet.

Senior Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremiah said he thinks Walford will go in the third. Meaning we would most likely have to take him in the second or make a trade.
    Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
      Jeremiah said he thinks Walford will go in the third. Meaning we would most likely have to take him in the second or make a trade.
      With a solid draft season I think he goes in the top 10 picks of the second round. When it comes to drafting TE's, Miami prospects are about as close as it gets to a sure thing. All the draft knowledgable Denver reporters have linked Walford to the Broncos for weeks and it has only ramped up during senior bowl week.

Will be interesting to see if we can maneuver to get him.

Comment

• I hate how mannion throws the ball

Comment

• David Cobb is impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            With a solid draft season I think he goes in the top 10 picks of the second round. When it comes to drafting TE's, Miami prospects are about as close as it gets to a sure thing. All the draft knowledgable Denver reporters have linked Walford to the Broncos for weeks and it has only ramped up during senior bowl week.

Will be interesting to see if we can maneuver to get him.
            He does have some similarities to Ebron and it's a very weak TE class so maybe it happens.

I would like to see him on our team but I don't know how I would feel about spending our first pick on him.
            Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
              He does have some similarities to Ebron and it's a very weak TE class so maybe it happens.

I would like to see him on our team but I don't know how I would feel about spending our first pick on him.
              Agreed, but if there is no one we love available when we pick in the 1st round I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down 5-10 picks like we did to take Wolfe.

Of course this could all change with free agency as we will undoubtedly re-sign or add a TE or two.

Comment

• If they don't get a QB in early rounds I wouldn't mind Blake Sims in late round. I don't see him ever being a starter but a solid backup.

Comment

• If we let Welker go and/or cut Caldwell, the replacement options are plentiful.

Smaller, quick receivers thrived this week. Led by Duke's Jamison Crowder, others that impressed me were Phillip Dorsett (Miami) and Tyler Lockett (Kansas State).
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                  Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Not sure about the fit with Laken Tomlinson. He is a natural RG and I don't know if he could transition to LG or play C. Ideally, I'd like Vasquez to kick back inside to his RG spot and draft a RT. I like Franklin at LG and we need an upgrade at C (possibly Hudson from KC).

Wisconsin OT Rob Havenstein is a natural RT that impressed me. He has great length and has great strength in his arms and lower body.

Florida's Max Garcia is an intriguing prospect and I see him as a G/C type. He played very well. Tre Jackson from FSU is another natural RG that I hope is versatile to play the other interior positions.
                    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Varga would be an awfully nice FB in the Kubiak offense
                      sigpic

Comment

• there were a few guys who had outstanding games.

Tyler Varga, FB. Great blocking in this game and also showed some nice skill as a runner and a receiver. He made a lot of $ today. Would love to see us pick him up in the draft.

Steven Nelson, CB. had great coverage the entire game and was aggressive on the ball.

Ali Marpet, OG. Good agility downfield and great at sealing the inside runs.

Arie Kouandjio, OG. Strong at the point of attack and dominated the "best" DT in the game, Shelton, who I think lost a lot of stock today. He looked overrated to me.

Donovan Smith, OT. Sign him up. He dominated the competition all game and all week in practice. Would be great to have him at RT, or even move him over to LT in case Clady leaves. He was projected 3rd or 4th round before the game. I think he moves up into the 2nd, easy.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          Varga would be an awfully nice FB in the Kubiak offense
                          I agree fully. Where is he projected in draft?
                          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                            Varga would be an awfully nice FB in the Kubiak offense
                            I posted about him after the first day he stood out so well.

He is a little on the small side for a FB at 227 but he showed great versatility and was better as a lead blocker than I expected. I'm all in with him.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                              I agree fully. Where is he projected in draft?
                              was round 5-UDFA. I bet he goes higher now though. Late 3 maybe?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                was round 5-UDFA. I bet he goes higher now though. Late 3 maybe?
                                I don't think we should spend a late 3 on a FB when we have Green and Thompson on the roster. That pick could be used at a better position of need. Don't get me wrong though, I like Varga.
                                Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
                                X