Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at our UFAs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fantasy Coaching Staff

    Since we probably wont allure many FA and dont know what D or offense we even will run till this is solved lets see who people want. Weve done this when Mike and Josh were fired but then the playoff sting wasnt there still I think its important to see what people want

    For me HC would probably be Mike Shanahan back without personnel control, this would allow us to sign Vic Fangio who wants to work with Mike and just needs the excuse to leave SF

    Since Roman was hired by the Bills Ild take Nathaniel Hackett as our OC if Gase walks, Ild prefer keeping Gase it will be harder to find a better OC and one that will make Manning happy but I am not willing to make him a HC and go into a bidding match with SF, another option is hiring Carl Smith whose done a fantastic job with Russell Wilson. Believe it or not Hackett got his team into the redzone nearly as often Gase got us there and he did it with far less talent. He actually did well over the years with a Bills offense that was less then stellar.

    I think Hackett deserves a chance but Smith is probably a safer pick with OC experience (though not good one), but Smith could develop a QB for the future.

    HC: Mike Shanahan
    DC: Vic Fangio
    OC: Nathan Hackett
    QB Coach: Geep Chryst
    RB Coach: Kelly Skipper
    WR Coach: John Morton
    TE coach: Chris Scelfo
    O-line: Dave Magazu (keep him)
    D-Line: Jay Rodgers (keep him)
    DB: Cory Undlin (keep him)
    LB: Jim Leavitt
    Secondary Assistant: John Hoke

    Hoke would probably not be an assistant but he could curb our issues in preventing the chains from moving and Undlin could keep doing his job at preventing large plays. The 2 offset each other nicely
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-14-2015, 12:24 PM.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

    Comment


    • I will not sugar coat it but unless we pull in someone from Pitt, Seattle or NE we are going to see a downgrade in offense this year. Its just that simple Gase was a good Coordinator though he got in over his head and a bit and got out-coached.

      We would take a risk on bringing in Hackett but I think he could be a good Coordinator (though doubtful hes better then Gase)

      Though Dallas has Scott Linehan who we could poach just saying
      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-14-2015, 02:02 PM.
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
        Since we probably wont allure many FA and dont know what D or offense we even will run till this is solved lets see who people want. Weve done this when Mike and Josh were fired but then the playoff sting wasnt there still I think its important to see what people want

        For me HC would probably be Mike Shanahan back without personnel control, this would allow us to sign Vic Fangio who wants to work with Mike and just needs the excuse to leave SF

        Since Roman was hired by the Bills Ild take Nathaniel Hackett as our OC if Gase walks, Ild prefer keeping Gase it will be harder to find a better OC and one that will make Manning happy but I am not willing to make him a HC and go into a bidding match with SF, another option is hiring Carl Smith whose done a fantastic job with Russell Wilson. Believe it or not Hackett got his team into the redzone nearly as often Gase got us there and he did it with far less talent. He actually did well over the years with a Bills offense that was less then stellar.

        I think Hackett deserves a chance but Smith is probably a safer pick with OC experience (though not good one), but Smith could develop a QB for the future.

        HC: Mike Shanahan
        DC: Vic Fangio
        OC: Nathan Hackett
        QB Coach: Geep Chryst
        RB Coach: Kelly Skipper
        WR Coach: John Morton
        TE coach: Chris Scelfo
        O-line: Dave Magazu (keep him)
        D-Line: Jay Rodgers (keep him)
        DB: Cory Undlin (keep him)
        LB: Jim Leavitt
        Secondary Assistant: John Hoke

        Hoke would probably not be an assistant but he could curb our issues in preventing the chains from moving and Undlin could keep doing his job at preventing large plays. The 2 offset each other nicely
        With Tomasula hired as the niner HC, Fangio will be staying put in SF.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
          With Tomasula hired as the niner HC, Fangio will be staying put in SF.
          Report is Dennis Allen is targeted to be the DC.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JayJack View Post
            Report is Dennis Allen is targeted to be the DC.
            Fangio isnt happy with SF and wants out unless he was given the job or Mike Shanahan was, though now that hes been leap frogged I doubt hes any happier. Not sure if I want to keep Gase but he isnt looking like the hot commodity on the coaching circuit he thought he was.

            We could always poach Linehan or do what the Cowboys did with him and talk Gase into staying as a passing Coordinator.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

            Comment

            Working...
            X