No announcement yet.

New QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the Broncos should not even consider drafting a QB in the first few rounds.

Playing the hypothetical game that Manning retires. Osweiller gets a chance to start. Doubt that Elway would go after a higher priced free agent or trade away assets before they see if Osweiller can actually do the job.

More likely a vet free agent is brought in to help him adjust to the starting role. Personally I think it would be a older type vet like Fitzpatrick or even Orton. A QB that has a lot of league experience and seen multiple systems to mentor Osweiller through his learning curve as a starter. In an emergency the vet can try to salvage the season.

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
      Question: Why does everyone hate Fox for being conservative, but doesn't want to be aggressive when it comes to the draft?
      Being aggressive in big games is far different from the draft. Being aggressive in a game and failing may lose you the game, but being aggressive and failing in the draft can set a team back several years. Especially when giving away starters and picks for one position.

This team has plenty of talent, but trading away that talent would be unwise. I like the chances of an average QB with a stacked team far better than an awful team with a great QB.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
        Being aggressive in big games is far different from the draft. Being aggressive in a game and failing may lose you the game, but being aggressive and failing in the draft can set a team back several years. Especially when giving away starters and picks for one position.

This team has plenty of talent, but trading away that talent would be unwise. I like the chances of an average QB with a stacked team far better than an awful team with a great QB.
        Good post :thumb:
        Adopted Poster
        AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post

I second that. You have spent 3 years trying to develop Oz and now you want to trade up and draft Mariota who also will need 3 years to develop. No thanks.

Comment

We don't need a QB. Peyton will be fine as long as he doesn't have a torn thigh, and even if he retires, Elway spent a 2nd round pick on Brock. He knows our system better than some rookie would.
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Manning will be back. There is no way he turns down 19 million and the all time wins and yardage mark

Comment

We wouldn't have to lose entire draft. Add some players like Clady, JT, Os, etc.
                oh, ok....trade away 3 or 4 of your core players plus a couple of high draft picks for 1 guy that you hope pans out....good plan.........

ever heard of the Herschel Walker trade? who won that? How about the Ricky Williams trade?
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but I don't agree. I would gladly give that up for Luck.

Even if Os sucks, our roster is too talented to lose enough to get a top pick. So we would never pick high enough for a top QB. We will be middle of the road for a long time.

Trading the farm for a QB is the best position to gamble on. We need to build for the future for real. Let's gamble for a future star QB.
                  Luck isn't in this draft......
                  sigpic

Comment

I guess I am the only one who is willing to take a risk to not be stuck in mediocrity after Manning. Or we can be like the Chiefs and stay middle of the road.
                    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Yeah, for andrew luck a sure thing not mariotta

Sorry, but I don't agree. I would gladly give that up for Luck.

Even if Os sucks, our roster is too talented to lose enough to get a top pick. So we would never pick high enough for a top QB. We will be middle of the road for a long time.

Trading the farm for a QB is the best position to gamble on. We need to build for the future for real. Let's gamble for a future star QB.
                      Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Comment

I guess I am the only one who is willing to take a risk to not be stuck in mediocrity after Manning. Or we can be like the Chiefs and stay middle of the road.
                        you say trade away your starting LT, TE, Backup QB, who may turn out to be good, for this QB plus at least another 1st and 2nd round picks.

How do you propose to replace those guys you just traded away? Plus you aren't even taking into consideration of...Why would TB and Titans trade for that when they need a QB?
                        sigpic

Comment

Grayson will be the best qb of this group and we don't need to trade to get him

Comment

I would love to have Manziel or Kaepernick. I think either could succeed with our players.
                            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Jake Locker is a pretty good possibility. I remember Elway compared Locker to himself during the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                                DT is great but his numbers were inflated by Peyton a bit. What QB would have a higher ceiling than Bradford. In 2013 his TD:INT was 3:1. IF he is healthy, we get a steal. We take more of the risk. In this scenario we resign JT. Latimer, JT, and Sanders would be a solid group with CJ doing his thing. No draft picks necessary, we could address the OLine needs. We need a solid game managers who makes smart decisions. Our defense and run game are solid. A QB with some pocket presence and maneuverability would be great.
                                I agree. I however think Bradford is more of 3rd round value then a player like DT. I am sorry, but the guy is made of Glass and QB's will get hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X