New QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denverl3roncos View Post
    In your scenario you better ask for Shaun Hill also. You'll need him after Week 2 when Bradford is out for the remainder of the season.

If we made this trade we would be the laughing stock of the NFL.
    UFA QB's under 30:
    Matt Flynn
    Jake Locker
    Mark Sanchez
    Colt McCoy
    Christian Ponder
    Brian Hoyer
    Blaine Gabbert
    Ryan Mallett
    Joe Webb
    Jordan Palmer
    Tyrod Taylor
    TJ Yates
    Scott Tolzien
    Jimmy Clausen
    Josh Johnson
    Ryan Lindley

In all honesty Flynn and Locker would be the best, but if Bradford became a FA and managed to stay healthy (a big question on if thats possible) you cant honestly say he wouldnt immediately be the best on this list skill wise. However, on the Rams there seemed to be a 50% chance he would get injured after every hit. Though considering in less then half the season the guy took more hits then Manning did all year its no reason he is banged up so often
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-14-2015, 08:06 AM.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

If Manning is out i'll give Osweiler a chance, sign a free agent, and draft someone in the mid rounds to compete.

Out of the current free agents I would also say Flynn or Locker are the best options.

If Kubiak is in at head coach i'll make a move for Cutler if we can substancially drop the cost of that contract. I would give the guy one more shot here under Kubiaks offense. I'm not saying Cutler is the best option out there but as far as trade candidates go i'll take Cutler over Bradford. And no, I wouldn't be giving up Demaryius for him. It's not going to take a whole lot for Chicago to let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
        UFA QB's under 30:
        Matt Flynn
        Jake Locker
        Mark Sanchez
        Colt McCoy
        Christian Ponder
        Brian Hoyer
        Blaine Gabbert
        Ryan Mallett
        Joe Webb
        Jordan Palmer
        Tyrod Taylor
        TJ Yates
        Scott Tolzien
        Jimmy Clausen
        Josh Johnson
        Ryan Lindley

In all honesty Flynn and Locker would be the best, but if Bradford became a FA and managed to stay healthy (a big question on if thats possible) you cant honestly say he wouldnt immediately be the best on this list skill wise. However, on the Rams there seemed to be a 50% chance he would get injured after every hit. Though considering in less then half the season the guy took more hits then Manning did all year its no reason he is banged up so often
        I agree. Bradford does get a bad rep for his injuries. However, while his injury history is pretty extensive, St. Louis has continually ignored their offensive line issues. Since Bradford was drafted, they've been in the bottom 10 in sacks/QB hits 4 of 5 years. I think with an improved line, and pairing him with some top weapons could lead to a turnaround for him. I certainly prefer him to any of the names listed above.

However, trading DT for him would be extremely counter-intuitive. You'd want to surround him with as much talent as you can at the WR position.

Comment

If any of the names mentioned on this thread is anything more than a backup on this team I will be supremely depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
            If any of the names mentioned on this thread is anything more than a backup on this team I will be supremely depressed.
            There are plenty of serviceable backups who can take the team over if Manning leaves or isnt 100% and having someone who is that type of backup prevents our season from being done right away. Brock is somewhere on my list between Hoyer and Ponder or at least based on what ive seen. He doesnt belong as a starter but he could be serviceable as both those 2 are still there are a few QB's who could probably beat him out right.

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
            I agree. Bradford does get a bad rep for his injuries. However, while his injury history is pretty extensive, St. Louis has continually ignored their offensive line issues. Since Bradford was drafted, they've been in the bottom 10 in sacks/QB hits 4 of 5 years. I think with an improved line, and pairing him with some top weapons could lead to a turnaround for him. I certainly prefer him to any of the names listed above.

However, trading DT for him would be extremely counter-intuitive. You'd want to surround him with as much talent as you can at the WR position.
            As I said hes hit more then twice as often as Manning because they ignore the line, they go after receivers and never seem to realize Bradford has a tendency to have less time then most QB's before the pressure comes. I wouldnt trade for Bradford especially not a player who could easily be worth a potential 1st rounder but we would have to franchise first. Bradford is worth a 3rd rounder at best, though ild rather wait and take a risk on Halliday getting healthy or Mannion being better then Osweiller neither would take a high draft pick in fact Halliday may not be drafted with that injury (though ild want proof that he will be healed in time for training camp which may not happen)
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

We should pick up Matt Flynn... why? Because he is cursed to always get beat out by someone much better.
              Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Broncs_for_life View Post
                We should pick up Matt Flynn... why? Because he is cursed to always get beat out by someone much better.
                sigpic

Comment

Dysert or Oz

See what we got , maybe one is next Brady

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                    UFA QB's under 30:
                    Matt Flynn
                    Jake Locker
                    Mark Sanchez
                    Colt McCoy
                    Christian Ponder
                    Brian Hoyer
                    Blaine Gabbert
                    Ryan Mallett
                    Joe Webb
                    Jordan Palmer
                    Tyrod Taylor
                    TJ Yates
                    Scott Tolzien
                    Jimmy Clausen
                    Josh Johnson
                    Ryan Lindley

I look at that list and am not inspired. We know what those QBs can do. Only a couple would be quality backup. If the Broncos were looking to tread water with a journeyman QB then maybe one of them is the answer.

I must be a delusional Bronco fan because I would rather give Osweiller the starter role then any of them. Talent wise he stacks up to the group. In game decision making we have no idea how "ready" Osweiller is. I would much rather see him making stupid mistakes then any on the list. Perhaps he surprises us. If not most of those QBs will likely still be available in 2016. Or the Broncos will have a lower draft pick to chase another QB.

Using the hypothetical that Manning retires. I would prefer seeing Osweiller as the starter with Kubiak or Dennison run offense. It would be interesting to see Osweiller with the off-season to prepare to run a Ravens type offense. I see a lot of Flacco similarities in their strengths and weaknesses.
                    Last edited by FR Tim; 01-15-2015, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X