New QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New QB

We have a lot of talent on this roster. We have a lot of "tradeable" players on the roster.

What could we package to move up for a Marcus Mariota? Tag and trade JT, Os, Clady, and a couple picks?
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    We have a lot of talent on this roster. We have a lot of "tradeable" players on the roster.

What could we package to move up for a Marcus Mariota? Tag and trade JT, Os, Clady, and a couple picks?
    nothing..........
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      nothing..........
      Care to elaborate?

Comment

Sorry, no. Risk on a trade like that far out weighs the reward. Just not a good idea to give up that much for anyone.
        Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
          Sorry, no. Risk on a trade like that far out weighs the reward. Just not a good idea to give up that much for anyone.
          Sorry, but I don't agree. I would gladly give that up for Luck.

Even if Os sucks, our roster is too talented to lose enough to get a top pick. So we would never pick high enough for a top QB. We will be middle of the road for a long time.

Trading the farm for a QB is the best position to gamble on. We need to build for the future for real. Let's gamble for a future star QB.
          Last edited by FlowdaBroncoFan; 01-12-2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I would like to see a list of potential QBs that we might be able to get. From FA to potential trade partners.

FA:

(My list in order of interest)

1. Ryan Mallett
            2. Brian Hoyer
            3. Jake Locker
            4. Mark Sanchez

Potential Trade Candidates:

(in order of my desire)

1. Sam Bradford Don't know how much it would cost as far as picks. He is owed over 12 mil. in the final year of his contract. Could have the highest ceiling of any potential trade partner. One year prove it rental who could flourish with the Broncos weapons.

2. RGIII The talent is there, but the consistency has not. To much upside not to be a thought.

3. Nick Foles Tall pocket passer with reasonable instincts. Displayed remarkable decision making in 2013 with the best TD:INT ratio in the league. Doubt the eagles trade him though.

4. Jay Cutler Round two of Cutler would drive some insane. Again, no one doubt the arm capabilities. Has nt displayed the ability to win the tough game either.

5. Mike Glennon Wouldn't cost much and he has shown flashes of ability.

6. (Just for fun) Tom Brady BB is known for pulling the trigger on getting rid of older players. A king's ransom would be required but he's got 2-3 years left and has a track record of success in cold/playoff games.

Finally, we could see what we have with Oz. I am completely fine with that but competition will have to come in, in some sort of fashion.
            I adopt , mod of the stars
            I adopt , you mess with him, you answer to me
            I adopt , my conservative elephant
            "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
            God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
            Adopted by the Greats: , , Thanks Guys

Comment

Would a DT for Bradford trade work? They will both be commanding close to the same type of contract next year. I think Bradford could be excellent still, and they need a WR 1
              "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1

Comment

Even if Os sucks, our roster is too talented to lose enough to get a top pick. So we would never pick high enough for a top QB. We will be middle of the road for a long time.

Trading the farm for a QB is the best position to gamble on. We need to build for the future for real. Let's gamble for a future star QB.
                you don't build for the future by trading away your entire draft (which is about what it would take to move up to #1 overall) for 1 player.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  you don't build for the future by trading away your entire draft (which is about what it would take to move up to #1 overall) for 1 player.
                  We wouldn't have to lose entire draft. Add some players like Clady, JT, Os, etc.

Comment

It would depend on the coach we get.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Mariota isn't Luck though. If he falls on his face then you just made a chump of yourself. Nobody is a sure thing draft wise. Which is why the risk is so high. But obviously you are ok with that. I just disagree.
                      Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                        Mariota isn't Luck though. If he falls on his face then you just made a chump of yourself. Nobody is a sure thing draft wise. Which is why the risk is so high. But obviously you are ok with that. I just disagree.
                        Understood. So you just live with the chance of mediocrity?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                          Would a DT for Bradford trade work? They will both be commanding close to the same type of contract next year. I think Bradford could be excellent still, and they need a WR 1
                          we'd be getting ripped off. bradford has not proven to be a franchise QB cause of health mainly and dt is a top 5 WR

right now i think we need to bring competition for oz
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Question: Why does everyone hate Fox for being conservative, but doesn't want to be aggressive when it comes to the draft?

Comment

DT is great but his numbers were inflated by Peyton a bit. What QB would have a higher ceiling than Bradford. In 2013 his TD:INT was 3:1. IF he is healthy, we get a steal. We take more of the risk. In this scenario we resign JT. Latimer, JT, and Sanders would be a solid group with CJ doing his thing. No draft picks necessary, we could address the OLine needs. We need a solid game managers who makes smart decisions. Our defense and run game are solid. A QB with some pocket presence and maneuverability would be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X