Cardale Jones QB OSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardale Jones QB OSU

He has only started 3 games in his career. Those 3 games just so happen to be against 3 Heisman finalists, and the 3 biggest games you could play in college. He played against some good defenses in Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon. Did I mention he won all 3 in big fashion?

Those games didn't seem to big for him. At 6'5" 250lb, he seems like perfect size for an NFL QB. If you watch him play he has a big arm and is tough to bring down. I really like this kid. There were no rumors of him coming out to the NFL until last night. He left that door open. I don't know what round he is projected to go in if he goes, but I would love this kid on the Broncos.

If we could somehow lure Urban Meyer here and Jones, I would be so excited. What are your thoughts on this kid?
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

I posted in a thread last night, that on Ohios first TD drive, Jones scrambled for a first down. To get the first down he needed to take a hit from the middle LB, he dropped his shoulder and hit the linebacker instead. I like his toughness. But, I normally don't watch college ball and I know nothing about anything.

Comment

He impressed me a lot across the last 3 games. I don't know what kind of a pro he will be, but I like him more than Winston. I think he has all the immeasurable tools to play at the pro level though. And he has a CANNON! He was riffling that ball 40-50 yards downfield without flinching, and placing it where only his guys could make the play.

They are saying that his best option is to enter the draft now. Take the lower pick, rather than deal with transferring and losing a year.
      #swapping

Comment

Jones is going to start next year for osu

Comment

He'd probably go around where Logan Thomas was drafted. Yes he is likely better, but the severe lack in body of work. Remember Logan had many guys thinking he'd be the #1 overall pick following his bowl game. Cardale didn't show the ability to go through his route progressions, and I question his intermediate accuracy. That said he has every physical tool. I'd imagine he'd go around where logan thomas did (4th) Perhaps even the 3rd. That said I'd take him there, and let him sit a year or two. I'd do it especially if Kubiak is named HC.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            That I'm not so sure about, and remember we don't come to play classes
            Last edited by the0rangecrush; 01-13-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I read that Jarrett will return to be OSU starter. Jones was asked if he would go back to being a back up, he replied with "I don't know". Rumor has it, he will come out because he doesn't want to transfer and wait another year. This may be as high as his stock will get.

Comment

Seems to me his toughest job was handing the ball off to Elliot. Either OSU has a wealth of QB's or you can line up just about any half way decent college QB behind a Meyer led offense and do fine. That seems more likely than this kid is some stud.
                Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                  Seems to me his toughest job was handing the ball off to Elliot. Either OSU has a wealth of QB's or you can line up just about any half way decent college QB behind a Meyer led offense and do fine. That seems more likely than this kid is some stud.
                  You could be right, but I am very intrigued by his tangibles. Dude is huge and has a rocket arm. I am sure with coaching he can be taught the other stuff. Worst case scenario is he can't read Ds and is a waste of a 4th round pick. Best case is we rake a chance on a kid with minimal tape, but the framework to handle the NFL, and he blows it up. I am a gambling man, so I like him.

Comment

maybe next year haha the guy played what 3 games ?
                    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

This is what Ben Leber had to say

@nacholeber: Cardale Jones to NFL??? All I see is a big strong armed backup QB for only a few years. Hope I’m missing something. #OSU"

Comment

Cardale Jones on NFL: In my opinion, I'm not ready for it. via @FOX19Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          This is definitely not set in stone. In fact, Barrett may still be the front runner. Barrett likely won't be 100% coming into next season, so that plays into the decision. Also, there's a chance that he stays even as a backup, because Miller and Barrett are both injury concerns. I expect Miller to transfer though, regardless of what he says. This can go a lot of different ways. If I were Jones, I'd enter the draft, because the chances that he gets drafted by a quality team and has time to develop are high. I don't see transferring as an option.

All tht out of the way. I don't think he would be a bad pick for a team like Denver in the later rounds. So long as we have Peyton though, the draft focus needs to stay mostly on winning now, I think.

Comment

On the other hand. Go out and win the starting position this offseason. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's likely to suffer a serious injury. His stock is only going to improve if he starts, because the talent is going to be there. I dunno. Barrett will only be a sophomore.

Comment

I see Josh Freeman written all over him

Comment

Working...
                              X