The right qb for Kubiak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right qb for Kubiak

If PFM does walk....do we draft someone...roll with Brock (if we did that, I would be shocked without a strong veteran presence).

Who is available? Who is good that might be available via trade? Would you draft anyone?
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

We will roll with Brock and I am extremely confident he will prove to be a success.

Comment

Mark Sanchez and Michael Vick are free agents

LOL. I am good with Brock.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        We will roll with Brock and I am extremely confident he will prove to be a success.
        I would like to know where you get that confidence from because he has done nothing to show me I should have that same confidence.

Hopeful? Yes
        Confident? Not even close.

Personally I really hope we draft again this year. Not sure who though.
        sigpic

Comment

Matt hasselbeck to back up

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Matt hasselbeck to back up
            He is still in the league? I would think someone a bit younger
            Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
              Mark Sanchez and Michael Vick are free agents

LOL. I am good with Brock.
              I just had a brilliant idea for a play! The Butt-Fumble-Flea-Flicker! It is brilliant!
              sigpic

Comment

Kubiak has run a version of the West Coast offense almost exclusively in his career as an NFL playcaller. It requires the quarterback to be on the move plenty, to throw on the run, rolling left or right to both sides of the formation at various times.

Manning has played in the pocket in his Hall of Fame career with a far different playbook with far different verbiage in the play calls. And that’s why if Kubiak were hired and Manning returned it would take significant concessions on both sides of the equation, according to Plummer.

“I don’t know how strong Peyton is at this point and how capable he would be at the [bootleg plays] and things like that," Plummer said. “But there is a way to make it work for both of them. And there’s no way they would hire Gary if they haven’t explored all of the possibilities they think could happen. Gary and Elway will have talked about what it would be like if Peyton comes back."

Kubiak was the Broncos' offensive coordinator for three of Plummer’s four seasons as the team’s starter, leading Plummer to his only career 4,000-yard passing season in 2004 and helping the Broncos to three consecutive playoff berths from 2003 to '05.

Matt Schaub had three 4,000-yard seasons in Kubiak’s offense in Houston and went to the Pro Bowl twice.

“And that’s what you look at, a coach like Gary, look what he did with Matt Schaub in Houston," Plummer said. “Matt isn’t the most mobile guy, but he flourished in that offense. What’s great about Gary’s offense is the zone blocking in the run game, then pulling the ball play-action and getting it out, or pulling it out in a half boot and then launching it back across the field. Great running game, big plays down the field, it's all-weather offense."

Plummer also said Broncos backup quarterback Brock Osweiler would have a chance to maximize his ability to be a productive starter thanks to running backs C.J. Anderson and Montee Ball and their fit in a zone-blocking scheme.

“With C.J. Anderson, Montee Ball, could be a very, very deadly offense, with the talent they have at receiver, like Demaryius [Thomas] and Emmanuel [Sanders]," Plummer said. “I think looking at it, Brock Osweiler, he gets a chance to be coached by Kubes and run that offense, that could be outstanding for his career. But if Peyton comes back, if I were Brock I’d be looking to move on, but I would also know that Kubes’ offense would fit me. Because it would fit Brock."

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...d-make-it-work

Comment

Yeah and Fox was always a run heavy conservative coach before getting a QB like Manning

He may still be conservative in certain situations but a majority of the tenure Fox let Manning throw approximately 70% of the snaps.

So I just laugh every time someone tries to say Kubiak can't work with Manning because Manning isn't mobile.

It's called adapt and overcome and I have no doubt Kubiak can do that with Manning.

I mean even if Flacco rolls out he still isn't close to the mobile scale as Plummer. And Kubiak made that work pretty well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Blaine Gabbert FTW!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I like Mike Glennon, though we won't make that trade because Osweiler is waiting in line. For the other teams looking for a young QB, I think Glennon is a good option.

Glennon has completed 58.8% of his passes, has more TDs than INTs and his QB rate is 83.7. Just for comparison, Josh McCown, a 12-year veteran, threw more INTs than TDs and had a 70.5 QB rate with the same supporting cast.

With only 2 seasons in the league and plenty of room for improvement, Glennon may be available for a mid-round pick after the Bucs take their QB in the draft.

For the Broncos, we will have Manning coming back and Osweiler as backup. We don't need to add any QB. After Manning retires, we will need to add someone to push Osweiler if Dysert is not around.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope we find someone that suits the NEW HC, whomever that is. With the coaching change and all the Manning is aging drama I am soooo ready to move one and see.

We have the D in place, we have a RB or two that can get the job done. Why not roll with Oz or whomever while they have a fighting chance?
                        sigpic

Comment

If PFM walks we would probably roll with brock and if kubes is the coach i can see him having some success he reminds me of flacco fairly mobile strong arm tall smart

Comment

Originally posted by dshawg1 View Post
                            If PFM does walk....do we draft someone...roll with Brock (if we did that, I would be shocked without a strong veteran presence).

Who is available? Who is good that might be available via trade? Would you draft anyone?
                            That depends on just how confident in Oz whoever the new HC is.
                            sigpic

Comment

Manning is holding this team back lets go brock

Comment

Working...
                              X