Free Agency News and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Odrick had his best season as a penetrating dt. He may be our target at nt for wades scheme
    I saw someone toss his name out as a DE for us, but I had the same thought as you. He could be great for us in the Phillips 3-4 as a smaller, penetrating-type NT. But price is still a concern of mine, because I don't think NT is the highest of our needy positions with Williams and Austin on the roster, and I've seen speculation that Odrick is looking for $7 million/year or so.

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    meaning they were negotiating a new contract early in the season before talks stalled. i cant quite remember but i want to say that it was around 13mil. so its not like they waited around.
    why they didnt reach a deal, i dont know. If there is some kind of indication that dt wouldnt agree to a deal long term, i think that would change the landscape when it comes to someone proposing a trade.
    The Denver Post reported that the negotiations stalled with the Broncos offering $13 million/year and Demaryius Thomas wanting $15 million/year. Either of those numbers are too high in my opinion, but if this guy thinks that we should be paying DT more than we pay Peyton, more power to him, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrizzlyB View Post
      I saw someone toss his name out as a DE for us, but I had the same thought as you. He could be great for us in the Phillips 3-4 as a smaller, penetrating-type NT. But price is still a concern of mine, because I don't think NT is the highest of our needy positions with Williams and Austin on the roster, and I've seen speculation that Odrick is looking for $7 million/year or so.

The Denver Post reported that the negotiations stalled with the Broncos offering $13 million/year and Demaryius Thomas wanting $15 million/year. Either of those numbers are too high in my opinion, but if this guy thinks that we should be paying DT more than we pay Peyton, more power to him, I guess.
      He believes that the Broncos should have cut Peyton or that Peyton should play for the league minimum.

As far as the cap goes, people make too much of Denver having "no cap room" the Dolphins just agreed to a massive contract with Suh, they had $9 million in cap space. The Patriots agreed to give McCourty $9 million per year, they're still more than $4 million OVER the cap. If Denver wanted free agents they could get them, but it doesn't look like they're seeing value out there right now, and based on some of the contracts that teams have given out I can't say that I blame them. Giving out a bad contract to an average player just because doesn't make the team better, it just gives them a bad contract that they're going to wish they didn't have 1-2 years from now.

Comment

• I can understand jt and big o, but potroast ?!?!.....
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• @JaysonBraddock: BREAKING NEWS: 49ers have put Colin Kaepernick on the trading block. Taking offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by one5beast View Post
            @JaysonBraddock: BREAKING NEWS: 49ers have put Colin Kaepernick on the trading block. Taking offers.
            They can do better. Bet they wish they kept Smith.
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
              rumors im reading is bears n 49ers discussing swap of QB's

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                Maybe. But as of right now what are their options if they trade kaepernick?
                Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                  Wonder who they are talking to if that's the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    He believes that the Broncos should have cut Peyton or that Peyton should play for the league minimum.

As far as the cap goes, people make too much of Denver having "no cap room" the Dolphins just agreed to a massive contract with Suh, they had $9 million in cap space. The Patriots agreed to give McCourty $9 million per year, they're still more than $4 million OVER the cap. If Denver wanted free agents they could get them, but it doesn't look like they're seeing value out there right now, and based on some of the contracts that teams have given out I can't say that I blame them. Giving out a bad contract to an average player just because doesn't make the team better, it just gives them a bad contract that they're going to wish they didn't have 1-2 years from now.
                    Miami has a ton liquid assets in the form of Randy Starks, Dannell Ellerbe, Shelly Smith etc... players who are expendable and way overpaid that will offer cap relief.

Looking at the Broncos roster, y'all don't have much. Unless you're willing to part ways with someone like TJ Ward, Luis Vasquez, Emmanuel Sanders, Derek Wolfe, Von MIller or Ryan Clady...which I don't think you are. The $19M you guys have right now is all there is going to be, and that doesn't include the draft class you have to sign (est: $4.3M). You could maybe keep Knighton...but that'd be it for the first wave of free agency.

Comment

So a swap of an overpaid QB for another overpaid one? How about that.
                      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Where you see that?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SDERA View Post
                          Miami has a ton liquid assets in the form of Randy Starks, Dannell Ellerbe, Shelly Smith etc... players who are expendable and way overpaid that will offer cap relief.

Looking at the Broncos roster, y'all don't have much. Unless you're willing to part ways with someone like TJ Ward, Luis Vasquez, Emmanuel Sanders, Derek Wolfe, Von MIller or Ryan Clady...which I don't think you are. The $19M you guys have right now is all there is going to be, and that doesn't include the draft class you have to sign (est: $4.3M). You could maybe keep Knighton...but that'd be it for the first wave of free agency.
                          We have Ramirez, Colquitt, Caldwell that we could cut for 5-6. If we could restructure Clady we may be able to get another 3 or so. Not much but it is some.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                            We have Ramirez, Colquitt, Caldwell that we could cut for 5-6. If we could restructure Clady we may be able to get another 3 or so. Not much but it is some.
                            I think Elway will do all those and clear some cap but I believe he has his eye on using the money to get DT and Von long term deals
                            sigpic
                            "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• Originally posted by MHS View Post
                              I think Elway will do all those and clear some cap but I believe he has his eye on using the money to get DT and Von long term deals
                              Locking DT long term would probably give us more space this year. But I see what you mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                                Where you see that?
                                on twitter lot bay area reporters talking about seems unlikely a lot them are saying

Comment

Working...
                                X