La'el Collins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    So wished Elway took the risk re police issue with this guy and took him with our 3rd round pick(remember Collins said that if no one picked him after 3 rounds he wouldn't sign with anyone on draft week).Everyone knew the guy could play and it was at the exact position where we needed Sooo much help. Remembering our 3rd round pick was like the 92nd pick he would of been a huge steal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...llins-emerging
    Police wanted to interview him in relation to the murder of his ex-girlfriend. It popped up right before the draft, so no team had the opportunity to investigate it. It turned out that he had nothing to do with it, but you can't just throw away a 3rd round pick on a person who needs to be questioned in relation to a murder. Some things are bigger than football, not selecting someone and letting things play out was the right call here. And 31 other GMs agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      You can play the could've/should've drafted game all day long, it's completely pointless. They drafted Garcia because they needed help at guard and center, and he can play both, nobody anticipated we'd lose 3 tackles in half a season.

We sooo should of went with Collins.Also should of signed Incognito Like I suggested at the time everyone on here was saying I was crazy then also.Move over John I will make future decisions on O lineman pal.

Comment

Guys I don't get the "oh well maybe next time" but we did get Ray sentiment re La'el Collins. Collins was considered a top 10 talent in the draft and we could of had him at pick 92.I would run the risk re the character issue on this one every time. Ray was well and truly a Denver Bronco by the time we could of had Collins.

I think you should all erase the Ray comparison and insert the Max Garcia comparison cause that's who we got with the same type of mid round pick. To me hindsight doesn't play so much of a part cause NFL scouts knew La'el was plenty talented and well placed sources said La'el had nothing to worry about with the police issue at the time of the NFL draft.He was one I really wanted at the time(and now).
        At the time it appeared there was a chance he could have been involved in a murder of one of his ex-girlfriends. Remember he hadn't talked to police yet and the police wanted to talk to him about said murder. That's a pretty big red flag. If Denver drafted him and he had been involved then everyone is criticizing them for drafting a murderer. And every single team passed on him multiple times.

But there's no point in looking back on it. It was almost two years ago, it's long since passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          At the time it appeared there was a chance he could have been involved in a murder of one of his ex-girlfriends. Remember he hadn't talked to police yet and the police wanted to talk to him about said murder. That's a pretty big red flag. If Denver drafted him and he had been involved then everyone is criticizing them for drafting a murderer. And every single team passed on him multiple times.

But there's no point in looking back on it. It was almost two years ago, it's long since passed.

My point is La'el Collins and Richie Incognito both seemed to be obvious pick ups to me that we should of got La'el Collins very cheaply and also Richie Incognito at the time would of cost us nothing.They were two players we could of picked up and would of cost us not much more than a buck'o five.They were obvious pickups that screamed out but yet broncos chose some duds instead.We need big and mean on our O line.If it means switching schemes so be it.

Comment

Could've sworn on IR and even then he wasn't playing all that well either

Comment

We sooo should of went with Collins.Also should of signed Incognito Like I suggested at the time everyone on here was saying I was crazy then also.Move over John I will make future decisions on O lineman pal.
              I was always in favor of bringing Incognito in regardless of what he did in Miami. He is the type of hard nosed nasty player that this team needs on the o-line.

Comment

Thanks for quoting an ancient post of mine, but whatever. Anyway, Collins has been on IR for like 2 months now, he wouldn't be any help.....

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  Thanks for quoting an ancient post of mine, but whatever. Anyway, Collins has been on IR for like 2 months now, he wouldn't be any help.....

Sorry dude.Meant no disrespect.I really enjoy your posts.He is on IR but he along with Incognito who I also pushed for would of done wonders to this O line.Both would have cost us nothing also.

Comment

Sorry dude.Meant no disrespect.I really enjoy your posts.He is on IR but he along with Incognito who I also pushed for would of done wonders to this O line.Both would have cost us nothing also.
                    I agree on Incognito, we even brought him in for a workout after he was released by Miami.

Joe Thomas for Shaq Barrett and a 1st sounds pretty good right now too.

Hindsight I guess

Comment

My point is La'el Collins and Richie Incognito both seemed to be obvious pick ups to me that we should of got La'el Collins very cheaply and also Richie Incognito at the time would of cost us nothing.They were two players we could of picked up and would of cost us not much more than a buck'o five.They were obvious pickups that screamed out but yet broncos chose some duds instead.We need big and mean on our O line.If it means switching schemes so be it.
                      Maybe, but for whatever reason at the time the Broncos decided to steer clear. Again Collins was being questioned in relation to the murder, and once he had been cleared from that only talked to one team. I don't think he was ever an option. They had Incognito in and passed on him, I have no idea why, perhaps he rubbed people the wrong way when he was in, or maybe the Broncos just didn't want him? Or maybe they couldn't agree on price. It's not always as easy as seeing a fit and adding him, there are other dynamics, and without knowing those dynamics, it's just speculation.

Comment

Working...
                      X