No announcement yet.

The Broncos: The Draft, FA & What I think our Roster will look like- come camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Broncos: The Draft, FA & What I think our Roster will look like- come camp

With Brady signing his recent extension I wouldn't mind seeing what it would take to get Jimmy Gorappolo. He's looked a stud in preseason and the pats seemed pretty confident in playing him if Brady faced an early suspension at the beginning of last season. Trade wise he'd cost less then kaepernick and still be on his rookie salary.

Great idea, but I don't know if any AFC would want to deal with us, especially the Patriots unless they "take advantage of us in a really, really bad way that would leave us crying in the fetal position for years" and I don't see Elway allowing that.

I say we take a chance in the draft there has to be someone draftable in the > 1st & 2nd rounds.
    Last edited by haciendadad; 03-09-2016, 08:21 PM. Reason: replaced "rape us" with something less offensive
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

I agree with us more then likely having to overpay in a trade but we'll an abundance of draft picks this and next year with all of our free agents leaving. Plus they might want to get the best value they can out of him after seeing our home grown back up qb leave the first chance he got.

Comment

I rather run the wildcat all year then trade picks to New England
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Pats wont give Jimmy up. They might need him for the first 4 games.
          sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
          Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
          PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

I like garapolo a bit but if we are trading for a teams backup I'd rather go for mcarron. I've liked him since he was at Bama and the guy has a championship pedigree that few have had coming out of college.

Comment

Hey at this point lets roll with trevor and draft 2 qbs. We have 10 picks right? Use money on o line and defense and we can make it back to the playoffs...

I really sour at the idea of dealing with the pats
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115
                There is no way they would let him go. He's being groomed to be their heir apparent. I live in Boston and they talk about him a lot in that light.

As a favor, using the term, "unless they rape us" is very offensive and I'm wondering if you'd consider not using terms like that?
                You think he will sit with the pats for what will end up being like 6-8 years?

Comment

After McD gave a 4th rounder for Laurence Moroney we should never ever trade with the Pats again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would not touch any Patriot backup ever.

Just look at Cassel, Hoyer, Mallet.
                    sigpic

Comment

So if someone asks you or others to think about being a little more sensitive about their choice of words because they know that it might have an impact on people who have experienced rape, you don't care?

Honestly there is only one meaning for rape regardless of how you want to use it. And there are posters here who have shared their experiences of rape and other forms of sexual assault and have shared the impact as well.

People here tend to develop strong friendships here and learn about each other over the years. And when they think another poster might feel offended by something; such as the use of the terms used, they ask other posters to be more sensitive as to what they're saying and ask them to step back a little.

It's more about being respectful and caring about each other here. That's all. So, telling him to get over it might not be the best response.

Hopefully this might explain things a little more and that you might reconsider your stance.
                      Originally posted by haciendadad
                      I changed it but next time you get offended, please consider the context. I've heard people say something like "we got screwed on that deal" and that doesn't have to do with sex, it means that there was a bad transaction, the context was not sexual! I understand about being polite and I understand what you said about people getting to know one another after some time but I don't know you or your background. When I sit around with the guys to talk football, I may let some "guy talk" fly but I know the line and try to keep it within the boundaries. It annoys me that I have to talk like we are in church when I want to talk football, especially when it wasn't an attack or directed to anyone that has a history with sexually abuse. Sorry for your history, sincerely but understand the context and allow some latitude, this is a football forum.
                      I was not necessarily just speaking for myself. And as you saw, I was not the only poster who said something about it. However, I do think one post was deleted. And I merely asked you to consider it. I did not make a demand or take away any of your latitude. It was simply a request for you to think about and I believe I asked in a very respectful manner. I know we're not in church. And I appreciate your respectful response.

But lets drop it and get back to football. We are way off topic.
                      The above quoted posts are going to be deleted because they are off topic..

haciendadad, thank you for editing your post.

No, we are not in church. But we do have a mixed membership. Male and female. Older and some very young members.

I don't care about being PC.

It's about decency and being respectful of others.

Now let's get back to Jimmy.
                      Administrator
                      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

the Broncos new offense

featuring RG3 at QB, Morris at RB, and Joe Don Duncan at FB

a guy can dream right?

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post

a guy can dream right?
                          I was really interested in Duncan last year.

Can we kick the tires on that again this year? Presumably we'll have a FB on the roster and he was a mauler.

Comment

We're going to line up in a Goal Line package on every play. Four OT's, two TE's in tight and one RB. All four Tackles eligible every down.

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post

a guy can dream right?
                              Why the hell does anyone want Alfred Morris

Comment

Working...
                              X