No announcement yet.

2016 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos selected Utah RB Devontae Booker with the No. 136 overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

Booker (5'11/219) spent two seasons at Utah after a JUCO transfer, parlaying 560 carries into 2,773 yards (4.95 YPC) and 21 TDs. Also an adept receiver, Booker caught 80 passes in just 23 games. On tape, Booker showed a sensational aptitude for making himself skinny and fitting through cracks, as well as quick feet and run-finishing ability. Concerns include Booker's small hands (8 5/8"), advanced age -- he'll be a 24-year-old rookie -- and a torn meniscus that cut his final college season three games short. Ultimately, Booker teased an NFL-starter-quality skill set as a Ute and is a promising pro prospect.

Comment

• Best draft by Elway and company so far.. The rich just get richer, if we don't repeat it won't be because of Elway.

Comment

• Raining in lots of places, but Seattle looks sunny and warm?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
          That's a helluva comparison! He makes those kinds of cuts, the speed, or what?
          The more accurate comparison I saw (in a youtube comment lol) was Arian Foster. The one clip I watched he was definitely more of that type of runner. TD was a bit more of a 1-cut, breaking tackles type of runner. But this dude looks smooth. Was really impressed with the video

Comment

• Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
            Its what we do in Denver.
            We specialize in AWESOME
            We sure do!!!! It's just inherent to our nature. We can't help it. It just is.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Giants

perkinsRB UCLA

GREAT pick
              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Hopefully Booker will have as much production as the last RB we drafted from Utah...Mike Anderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Raining in lots of places, but Seattle looks sunny and warm?!?!
                  Seattle from April till August is probably one of the most beautiful places in the US.....after that...miserable. PT is the cold rain early in the morning was miserable.
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

• If Broncos want westerman they oughta move up.....

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• No more handing off to Ronnie Hillman on 3rd and 1!

Comment

• Originally posted by Merrick44 View Post
                        You sure did...... Now call the next one lol
                        Gotta take a look at the LBs available. Kentrell Brothers and Scooby Wright ran very poorly, so I don't know if they fit what Elway wants at ILB. We usually take good athletes at LB.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bears
                          again....

howard rb indiana

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• BPA gotta survive 5 picks before we get there.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                              If Broncos want westerman they oughta move up.....
                              Ive been banging the table for Westerman but I just dont feel like we would double up on guard right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                                Best draft by Elway and company so far.. The rich just get richer, if we don't repeat it won't be because of Elway.
                                I see this draft as a 2017 impact draft myself. Think every guy we took will be groomed to start in 2017

Lynch will replace Sanchez
                                Gotsis replaces Walker
                                Booker replaces Hillman as platoon with CJ
                                McGovern has a chance to compete this year, I see him as a fixture at RG.
                                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                                X