No announcement yet.

2016 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A FB? Really? So disappointed. We need MLB depth. We need T depth. We can use Thompson as a FB or someone already on the roster.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• "Destroyer on Special Teams", is one of the remarks that I've read.

Comment

• Special team Captain in the future right there, probably isn't a lead blocker
        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• Andy Janovich has been considered the #1 FB by some draft guys, including Matt Miller.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/st...10995135987712

I can't wait for you all to complain about my fullback scouting reports.

FYI - Andy Janovich, FB1
          Vitale is his #2 FB.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
            Dang, I had a draft crush on that Vitale kid instead of this.
            Vitale is s player. I support the Broncos and their decisions but I hope Andy Janovich is the right choice here.

if I see NE take Vitale I'm going to be be really really ticked.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-o2...ature=youtu.be

footage of our new FB
              We are going with Plan A

Comment

Player Overview
                Andy "Jano" Janovich didn't receive any FBS or FCS offers out of high school and bypassed a scholarship at Division-II Nebraska-Kearney to walk on at Nebraska -- state champion wrestler as a 220-pound senior (46-0 record) and 189-pound junior (53-0 record).

He played a handful of snaps during most games and combined for only three carries and three catches entering the 2015 campaign. He had his best season as a senior (six starts) and finished fourth on the team in rushing with 265 yards and three touchdowns, adding a pair of catches for 58 yards to earn All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors.

Strengths Weaknesses
                STRENGTHS: Runs with power and contact balance to keep his feet through contact and pick up yards after the initial wave of defenders. Showed some long-speed, including a 55-yard run vs. Wisconsin (longest run by a Nebraska fullback since 1985). Lowers his pads and keeps himself square as an inside runner, churning his legs. Fluid lower body for his size to be a one-cut runner.

Focused pass-catcher to secure before running. Standout on special teams, leading the team in special teams tackles (13) in 2015 -- controlled and physical on the move with strong hands to break down and finish. Unquestioned work ethic and earned a scholarship in 2013.

WEAKNESSES: Frame fits a fullback/running back tweener. Physical at the point of attack, but doesn't have the power to move defenders as a lead blocker. Drops his eyes pass blocking and needs technique work protecting the pocket. Will get rocked by bigger linebackers. Limited juice around the corner and not going to make defenders miss at the next level. Tunnel vision as a ballcarrier and on special teams. Below-average career production on offense -- wasn't asked to run routes or be a consistent pass-catcher.

IN OUR VIEW: Janovich is a destroyer on special teams with his downhill speed and physical presence, drawing double-teams by opposing return units on film. He was underutilized in college and doesn't have ideal size and athletic traits to be a consistent ballcarrier at the next level, but can contribute as a change-up option in the backfield while earning his worth on special teams coverages -- worth a late-round draft pick.
                h ebulks up 12 pounds and he has a good FB body if you add me and most people will add weight in the pros.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Maybe the difference was in attitude. I'm reading that Jano was a Special Teams monster with the same skill set as Vitale.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• i didn't know much about the FBs but i like that this guy is a beast on SP, broncos lost bruton and omar i believe... two of the better broncos special teamers
                    sigpic
                    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• The hell

Hell nah ...idk...not my style at all

A small FB???? Tf?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turf Nazi View Post
                        Nice run.

And I like the Cheerleader, at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                          A FB? Really? So disappointed. We need MLB depth. We need T depth. We can use Thompson as a FB or someone already on the roster.
                          We have no fb and we have 4 solid MLB. With the drafting of a guard we have plenty of players that can play table or guard. FB was a bigger need than either of those 2 positions.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

Maybe the difference was in attitude. I'm reading that Jano was a Special Teams monster with the same skill set as Vitale.
                            I'll take a guess that special teams was the deciding factor for him being picked over Vitale.

Comment

• Think we could have grabbed a potential starter at 157 vs a rotational ST guy by trading down, love the rest of the draft, but not this move.
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                                The hell

Hell nah ...idk...not my style at all

A small FB???? Tf?
                                Who was that Chargers FB? Hester? This FB reminds me of him.

I think it is more a factor of what he could do outside the tackles than inside, IMO, with this pick, much like that dude Hester, who would make good blocks for screens outside the tackles or around them instead of always inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X