• why is jeremy cash still open?
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• P riley dixon

Comment

• The Colquitt replacement, makes sense

I remember Polian moving up from round 7 to 6 to get Pat McAfee and he is one heck of a punter.

Comment

• Riley Dixon punter
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Mildly disappointing late round picks here

I bet they have some UDFA targets they like big time

Comment

• a punter there we go

Comment

• Punter, competition for Colquitt I suppose.

Comment

• tom hackett probably wont be here then

so 3 punters on the roster it looks like.

taking we also signed will johnson who previously played with the texans is young to compete so we defintally are not happy with colquitt

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016...ture-contract/
                  Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 04-30-2016, 02:50 PM.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Is Mccaffrey still on the board?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      Yes. I mean, it's a 4-year contract, so...
                      No. The only reason he was out there was because both of our starters went down. He was drafted to develop behind the guys we already had. He was thrown in too early because we didn't have a choice, and he did about as poorly as expected. Meanwhile he became the board's scapegoat because our O-Line was ineffective and our entire Offense was dysfunctional. So, yeah, it's fashionable around here to dump on the guy. I'm glad that our FO pays more attention than our fanbase. If he gets beaten out by better players this year then so be it. It's the nature of the beast and it only means that our team gets better in the long run. But I'm not going to bag on a guy who stepped into a situation that he never should have been in to begin with.
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                        Punter, competition for Colquitt I suppose.
                        That pick was about saving approximately 3mill on the cap.

Comment

• Feel bad for Hackett. NFL just isn't ready for the Rugby style roll out drop kick...or the rugby style roll out drop kick isn't ready for the NFL.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Let's hope Max McCaffery doesn't get drafted and we bring him as competition in training camp.
                            2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                              Is Mccaffrey still on the board?
                              He most likely won't be drafted. UDFA. I'm glad we went Punter. I really hope he beats out or is just marginally behind Colquitt so we can save some cash.
                              New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Yay, a Punter:

Player Overview
                                While Dixon may lack the national name recognition of Utah's two-time Ray Guy winner Tom Hackett, he comes with much more intriguing tools, including terrific touch which forces returners to fair catch the ball and a penchant for big plays on fakes, running for 29 yards on a total of three fakes in 2015 - two on punts and one on a fake field goal (in which he lined up as the kicker).

Dixon made SportsCenter's Top 10 Plays for the fake field-goal conversion, hurdling an LSU defender to gain five yards and the first down. A year earlier, the former quarterback threw a game-winning touchdown off a fake field goal to beat Villanova in the season opener. Dixon also ran for 42 yards on a fake punt against Notre Dame in 2014.

Strengths Weaknesses
                                STRENGTHS: Prototypical size, build and athleticism for the position. Possesses a sturdy, well-built frame including long limbs and shows impressive natural agility and speed. Catches the ball cleanly and has quick catch-to-drop time, getting immediate lift on the ball.

Sports plenty of leg strength (18 longer than 50 yards in 2015, alone), but Dixon's specialty is height, forcing returners to signal for fair catches and eliminating their opportunities for advancement. Only 14 of his 65 punts in 2015 were returned at all. A career record of 88 punts being fair caught, compared to just 17 going for touchbacks.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't currently possess elite power and distance as a punter. His height (and at times shoddy blocking by the Orange) contributed to two Dixon punts being blocked over his career (one each in 2014, 2015). Served on kickoffs only six times over his collegiate career.

IN OUR VIEW: A local product who started out as a walk-on quarterback, Dixon emerged as one of the elite punters in the country, steadily progressing throughout his career to emerge as a Ray Guy finalist in 2015 as well as earn an invitation to the prestigious Senior Bowl and the Scouting Combine.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                                X