2016 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    I haven't seen too many of his games. Your opinion of him vs Jeremy Cash?
    I don't know enough about Cash to give you an good answer. I am a U of A alum so I follow them.
    sigpic

Comment

• There is that Duke connection for Denver, if we can snag McCaffery and Cash I'd be stoked
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
        Feels like Elway went to play golf after McGovern pick, rest of the way was meh. UDFA time, see what we bring in.
        Like I just got done saying, it's the end of the draft. You have absolutely no idea if it was just "meh", relatively. All you know is that you had a few guys you knew by name and those guys weren't picked. That doesn't make those picks better. It's funny that people on here or anywhere really know who should be taken in the late rounds of drafts.

The early portion of a draft is much more understandable for criticism because it's much easier to see those players and read up on them. However, the NFL scouts spend all year looking at these back end guys, not just looking at a few mocks that had player A going in the 6th round, so "why did my team not draft him in the 7th".

I understand having opinions and then being fair game to anyone, but opinions on stuff like this, beyond any of our expertise, is annoying when spoken as 100% absolute truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          I don't know enough about Cash to give you an good answer. I am a U of A alum so I follow them.
          Got homework to do then. Thanks anyway.
          Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
            I meant UofA...

He's from UofA to start...2, from what I've read...he doesn't have NFL Caliber athletic ability...career ST type...

Idk man, I like molding high end athletes from draft
            Parks did lead the Arizona defense in tackles last season, so that's a positive for sure:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/29/tackle/index.html

Although part of that was probably because Scooby only played 3 games last season. He was 4th on the team in tackles in 2014 and in the 4-2-5 defense might have some unique experience. He faced some very good QBs and offenses in the Pac-12 over the last few seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
              Keo has proven to be that in the box safety and will be better next year with a full off season program
              ya at ss we have ward and keo. but i think keo fits alot better as wards replacement then stewards.steward i felt played more the middle of the feild as the deep while ward was more int eh box but looking i am not sure we have had a great fs center feilder both steward and wrd are better box safetys
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Scooby goes to the Dog Pound in Cleveland, that's a good one!

Comment

• Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                  Not saying it's a great or wasted pick but we had Ward, start Keo and now Simmons so Parks wasn't a high priority in my opinion.
                  Keo will be cut. He has no business being on a roster. Parks is a good athlete at S running a 4.5 and he has experience in man coverage which is a huge plus and probably why we took him over the other guys available.
                  Last edited by beastlyskronk; 04-30-2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Yes sir Mr Elway....oh wait your not Elway nor do you make decisions....carry on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      ya at ss we have ward and keo. but i think keo fits alot better as wards replacement then stewards.steward i felt played more the middle of the feild as the deep while ward was more int eh box but looking i am not sure we have had a great fs center feilder both steward and wrd are better box safetys
                      Right that's why we drafted Simmon's correct? So Parks was not a high need?

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        Keo will be cut. He has no business being on a roster. Parks is a good athlete at S running a 4.5 and he has experience in man coverage which is a huge plus and probably why we took him over the other guys available.
                        That onside recovery against the Patriots says otherwise
                        sigpic

Comment

• I guess that I'll take SEA again next year
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                            He isn't someone you can rely to play big minutes at S. He's short and slow, he has plus instincts so he might make a good play here and there but his physical limitations will lead to the secondary getting roasted.

Comment

• My guess with the Safeties are that they make pretty good special teams players and the fact the we had to sign two guys off the street during the season, plus we lost Bruton. Plus both appear to be good tacklers. Would have liked to see Cash in Denver, thought he brought some toughness to that Duke defense which was pretty good last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                                and the hit on Edelman when CHJ was trying to prevent the 1st down.

and the INT vs. San Diego to help secure the #1 seed.

He isn't the most talented player but he made an impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X