Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good draft by Elway & company imo.

Comment

• Keyarris Garrett I hope they bring him in as a rookie free agent, big fast kid Brandon Marshall 2.0 (WR version).
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        Good draft by Elway & company imo.
        Agree. Would have liked to get a LB but we filled a lot of needs for the roster going into TC.

Comment

• Think Elway and Company did a nice job as well. Good mixture of gambling, moving up for the "franchise QB" in Paxton Lynch, drafting for need at DL and S, and then getting value at RB with Booker. I was not thrilled with the Lynch pick at first, but upon further review you simply cannot win log term in the National Football League with subpar QB play. Just ask the Cleveland Browns about that. I mean you have to take a chance to get "the guy" at QB when you see it, we have to wait and see how it turns out in the end. Interesting moves by the Browns, looks like they are angling to take Deshaun Watson in next year's draft and just tank the next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by sendacash View Post
            Parks did lead the Arizona defense in tackles last season, so that's a positive for sure:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/29/tackle/index.html

Although part of that was probably because Scooby only played 3 games last season. He was 4th on the team in tackles in 2014 and in the 4-2-5 defense might have some unique experience. He faced some very good QBs and offenses in the Pac-12 over the last few seasons.
            It's actually a 3-3-5 at Arizona.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I like what we did overall

1st 4 selections were good....esp Lynch imo and Booker

Wasn't a fan of late picks but In fairness I know less about this year's draft class and any other in recent memory and idk too much about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                It's actually a 3-3-5 at Arizona.
                Yeah you might be correct, looking at their lineup and Parks played the "Spur" role, whatever that means. Some type of DB\LB crossover?

Wade is creative, maybe we see some 3-3-5 coming on Defense?
                Last edited by sendacash; 04-30-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  why? do you know anything about him? do you even know what school he went to???
                  You mean Tucson and Tempe aren't the same place?
                  Last edited by samparnell; 04-30-2016, 09:43 PM. Reason: spell
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    You mean Tucson and Tempe aren't he same place?

well........Tucson is the greatest city in AZ and tempe, home of the Scum Devils, is the worst........
                    sigpic

Comment

• Link to Jake Plummer announcing Booker, if you missed it.

He gets so much more love from Broncos fans than he ever did from Cards...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Where did the UDFA thread go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          Where did the UDFA thread go?
                          MODs.....FUMBLE?! lol.
                          Last edited by calabose; 04-30-2016, 07:27 PM. Reason: m

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                            Completely agree.

I'm glad we went with who did. Kubiaks offense doesn't call for the FB to be a playmaker. It calls for lead blocking, pass blocking and PA release into the flats. When the FB does line up on the LOS he is usually motioned back into an offset position.

Vitale would have been a fun player, but we need someone who had more potential to be the FB for Kubiaks Offense.
                            I just realized that I completely forgot about Manassah Garner. He's listed on some of our rosters as a TE and some as a FB. He was measured at 6'2" and 234 pounds at his pro day. That's our H-Back. We already have our Vitale so it probably would have been a wasted pick to grab him instead.
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• The only round I am disappointed with was the 4th. I think with our Safeties health and contracts coming due Killebrew could have been key for us. Trading up to get him - IMO- would have been better for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                                Completely agree.

I'm glad we went with who did. Kubiaks offense doesn't call for the FB to be a playmaker. It calls for lead blocking, pass blocking and PA release into the flats. When the FB does line up on the LOS he is usually motioned back into an offset position.

Vitale would have been a fun player, but we need someone who had more potential to be the FB for Kubiaks Offense.
                                what kubiak really needs out of a FB is to be a dominant blocker. everything else is pretty minor.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X