X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by sendacash View Post
    Jake was a great fit for the Shanny offense, but the loss in the 2005 AFC Champ game was a tough pill to swallow. I think he(Shanny) over-reacted to this loss, looking back in time.
    Wasn't there a rumor that Jake had the flu? Regardless, I remember Pittsburgh killing us off the edge in that game.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    The only round I am disappointed with was the 4th. I think with our Safeties health and contracts coming due Killebrew could have been key for us. Trading up to get him - IMO- would have been better for us.
    And do that how? Comp picks weren't tradeable so we couldn't use our fourth round pick to move up so we are using a third next year or combination of next year picks with this year's picks.

Leave a comment:

• sendacash
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Link to Jake Plummer announcing Booker, if you missed it.

He gets so much more love from Broncos fans than he ever did from Cards...
    Jake was a great fit for the Shanny offense, but the loss in the 2005 AFC Champ game was a tough pill to swallow. I think he(Shanny) over-reacted to this loss, looking back in time.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    The only round I am disappointed with was the 4th. I think with our Safeties health and contracts coming due Killebrew could have been key for us. Trading up to get him - IMO- would have been better for us.
    better than Booker who many believe to be the 2nd best RB in the draft???

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Completely agree.

I'm glad we went with who did. Kubiaks offense doesn't call for the FB to be a playmaker. It calls for lead blocking, pass blocking and PA release into the flats. When the FB does line up on the LOS he is usually motioned back into an offset position.

Vitale would have been a fun player, but we need someone who had more potential to be the FB for Kubiaks Offense.
    what kubiak really needs out of a FB is to be a dominant blocker. everything else is pretty minor.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Completely agree.

I'm glad we went with who did. Kubiaks offense doesn't call for the FB to be a playmaker. It calls for lead blocking, pass blocking and PA release into the flats. When the FB does line up on the LOS he is usually motioned back into an offset position.

Vitale would have been a fun player, but we need someone who had more potential to be the FB for Kubiaks Offense.
    I just realized that I completely forgot about Manassah Garner. He's listed on some of our rosters as a TE and some as a FB. He was measured at 6'2" and 234 pounds at his pro day. That's our H-Back. We already have our Vitale so it probably would have been a wasted pick to grab him instead.

Leave a comment:

• calabose
    replied
    Where did the UDFA thread go?
    MODs.....FUMBLE?! lol.
    Last edited by calabose; 04-30-2016, 06:27 PM. Reason: m

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Where did the UDFA thread go?

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Link to Jake Plummer announcing Booker, if you missed it.

He gets so much more love from Broncos fans than he ever did from Cards...

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    You mean Tucson and Tempe aren't he same place?

well........Tucson is the greatest city in AZ and tempe, home of the Scum Devils, is the worst........

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    why? do you know anything about him? do you even know what school he went to???
    You mean Tucson and Tempe aren't the same place?
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-30-2016, 08:43 PM. Reason: spell

Leave a comment:

• sendacash
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    It's actually a 3-3-5 at Arizona.
    Yeah you might be correct, looking at their lineup and Parks played the "Spur" role, whatever that means. Some type of DB\LB crossover?

Wade is creative, maybe we see some 3-3-5 coming on Defense?
    Last edited by sendacash; 04-30-2016, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    I like what we did overall

1st 4 selections were good....esp Lynch imo and Booker

Wasn't a fan of late picks but In fairness I know less about this year's draft class and any other in recent memory and idk too much about them.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by sendacash View Post
    Parks did lead the Arizona defense in tackles last season, so that's a positive for sure:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/29/tackle/index.html

Although part of that was probably because Scooby only played 3 games last season. He was 4th on the team in tackles in 2014 and in the 4-2-5 defense might have some unique experience. He faced some very good QBs and offenses in the Pac-12 over the last few seasons.
    It's actually a 3-3-5 at Arizona.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X