Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sendacash
    replied
    Think Elway and Company did a nice job as well. Good mixture of gambling, moving up for the "franchise QB" in Paxton Lynch, drafting for need at DL and S, and then getting value at RB with Booker. I was not thrilled with the Lynch pick at first, but upon further review you simply cannot win log term in the National Football League with subpar QB play. Just ask the Cleveland Browns about that. I mean you have to take a chance to get "the guy" at QB when you see it, we have to wait and see how it turns out in the end. Interesting moves by the Browns, looks like they are angling to take Deshaun Watson in next year's draft and just tank the next season.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Good draft by Elway & company imo.
    Agree. Would have liked to get a LB but we filled a lot of needs for the roster going into TC.

Leave a comment:

• nickmeyer
    replied
    Keyarris Garrett I hope they bring him in as a rookie free agent, big fast kid Brandon Marshall 2.0 (WR version).

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Good draft by Elway & company imo.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    That onside recovery against the Patriots says otherwise
    and the hit on Edelman when CHJ was trying to prevent the 1st down.

and the INT vs. San Diego to help secure the #1 seed.

He isn't the most talented player but he made an impact.

Leave a comment:

• sendacash
    replied
    My guess with the Safeties are that they make pretty good special teams players and the fact the we had to sign two guys off the street during the season, plus we lost Bruton. Plus both appear to be good tacklers. Would have liked to see Cash in Denver, thought he brought some toughness to that Duke defense which was pretty good last year.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    He isn't someone you can rely to play big minutes at S. He's short and slow, he has plus instincts so he might make a good play here and there but his physical limitations will lead to the secondary getting roasted.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    I guess that I'll take SEA again next year

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Keo will be cut. He has no business being on a roster. Parks is a good athlete at S running a 4.5 and he has experience in man coverage which is a huge plus and probably why we took him over the other guys available.

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    ya at ss we have ward and keo. but i think keo fits alot better as wards replacement then stewards.steward i felt played more the middle of the feild as the deep while ward was more int eh box but looking i am not sure we have had a great fs center feilder both steward and wrd are better box safetys
    Right that's why we drafted Simmon's correct? So Parks was not a high need?

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied
    Yes sir Mr Elway....oh wait your not Elway nor do you make decisions....carry on

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    Not saying it's a great or wasted pick but we had Ward, start Keo and now Simmons so Parks wasn't a high priority in my opinion.
    Keo will be cut. He has no business being on a roster. Parks is a good athlete at S running a 4.5 and he has experience in man coverage which is a huge plus and probably why we took him over the other guys available.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 04-30-2016, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sendacash
    replied
    Scooby goes to the Dog Pound in Cleveland, that's a good one!

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    Keo has proven to be that in the box safety and will be better next year with a full off season program
    ya at ss we have ward and keo. but i think keo fits alot better as wards replacement then stewards.steward i felt played more the middle of the feild as the deep while ward was more int eh box but looking i am not sure we have had a great fs center feilder both steward and wrd are better box safetys

Leave a comment:

• sendacash
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I meant UofA...

He's from UofA to start...2, from what I've read...he doesn't have NFL Caliber athletic ability...career ST type...

Idk man, I like molding high end athletes from draft
    Parks did lead the Arizona defense in tackles last season, so that's a positive for sure:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/29/tackle/index.html

Although part of that was probably because Scooby only played 3 games last season. He was 4th on the team in tackles in 2014 and in the 4-2-5 defense might have some unique experience. He faced some very good QBs and offenses in the Pac-12 over the last few seasons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X