X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't know enough about Cash to give you an good answer. I am a U of A alum so I follow them.
    Got homework to do then. Thanks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Feels like Elway went to play golf after McGovern pick, rest of the way was meh. UDFA time, see what we bring in.
    Like I just got done saying, it's the end of the draft. You have absolutely no idea if it was just "meh", relatively. All you know is that you had a few guys you knew by name and those guys weren't picked. That doesn't make those picks better. It's funny that people on here or anywhere really know who should be taken in the late rounds of drafts.

The early portion of a draft is much more understandable for criticism because it's much easier to see those players and read up on them. However, the NFL scouts spend all year looking at these back end guys, not just looking at a few mocks that had player A going in the 6th round, so "why did my team not draft him in the 7th".

I understand having opinions and then being fair game to anyone, but opinions on stuff like this, beyond any of our expertise, is annoying when spoken as 100% absolute truth.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    There is that Duke connection for Denver, if we can snag McCaffery and Cash I'd be stoked

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    I haven't seen too many of his games. Your opinion of him vs Jeremy Cash?
    I don't know enough about Cash to give you an good answer. I am a U of A alum so I follow them.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    What a wasted pick on that ASU Safety...smhhh
    People like you crack me up.... Smhhh

It's the 7th round. My goodness. No matter who you pick in the 7th round, you have a low percent chance that they turn out to be a great pick. But, im sure every year you know exactly who to pick in the 7th round.

Leave a comment:

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    try actually watching him play. I watched very game of his. A solid ST player is a great pick in the bottom of the 6th round....anything more is a bonus
    I haven't seen too many of his games. Your opinion of him vs Jeremy Cash?

Leave a comment:

• montee2ball
    replied
    Originally posted by Hesky View Post
    Punter, competition for Colquitt I suppose.
    Now let's go get some FAs. Start with McCaffrey and Nembot.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I meant UofA...

He's from UofA to start...2, from what I've read...he doesn't have NFL Caliber athletic ability...career ST type...

Idk man, I like molding high end athletes from draft
    try actually watching him play. I watched very game of his. A solid ST player is a great pick in the bottom of the 6th round....anything more is a bonus

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    out side of steward i am not sure another player can play FS
    Keo has proven to be that in the box safety and will be better next year with a full off season program

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    why? do you know anything about him? do you even know what school he went to???
    I meant UofA...

He's from UofA to start...2, from what I've read...he doesn't have NFL Caliber athletic ability...career ST type...

Idk man, I like molding high end athletes from draft

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    id like see us get eric striker as UDFA

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I'm not criticizing the pick. I just thought we would have gone more for SS depth than FS. Bruton was more of a box safety than FS. I guess Bolden was the FS depth.
    out side of steward i am not sure another player can play FS

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    Not saying it's a great or wasted pick but we had Ward, start Keo and now Simmons so Parks wasn't a high priority in my opinion.
    nothing in the 6th round is a high priority.....

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    We needed 2 safeties. Lost Bruton, did not re-sign Bush. Simmons is a rangy cover safety. Parks was graded by PFF as one of the top safeties against the run. It's a 7th-round pick. We're filling the needs for camp.

EDIT: We also lost Bolden, so , yeah, we needed more than 1 safety.
    he was rated 7th best vs the run and I agree we needed 2 both have great chance to help right away

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    We needed 2 safeties. Lost Bruton, did not re-sign Bush. Simmons is a rangy cover safety. Parks was graded by PFF as one of the top safeties against the run. It's a 7th-round pick. We're filling the needs for camp.

EDIT: We also lost Bolden, so , yeah, we needed more than 1 safety.
    I'm not criticizing the pick. I just thought we would have gone more for SS depth than FS. Bruton was more of a box safety than FS. I guess Bolden was the FS depth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X