No announcement yet.

2016 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets all remember 2 things.Elway has never rated the ILB position high enough too use a high pick on that position.2nd it might be that The Broncos had a lot of D-Line with 1st rnd grades and felt they would be able to get 1 in rnd 2.

Comment

• Elway stated years ago that the most important positions warranting high draft picks and/or $ are QB, Left Tackle, pass rushers and cover Corners. He has followed his own advice and it has had success.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Not that it matters if he is or isn't but is Paxton Lynch gay? When selected he had some guy hugging him in a romantic type way. Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          That's actually what I had mocked to us
          I wonder if Jarron Reed will be available? I doubt it but you never know.

Comment

• I like how the Chefs traded out right after we picked up Lynch. Did they lose their pick?

Comment

• Overlooked I think is we leaked talking with GB about a trade-up a few days ago, then quietly had a deal ready to go with the Seachickens. Nice job by Elway beating other teams to the punch. There's no doubt in my mind that grey matter correlates to success in the NFL. Heck, we've had two of the best in Elway and Manning. There are exceptions of course as well as more than a few athletically talented QB's who failed mentally. Fingers crossed Lynch is more capable upstairs than what the pre-draft reports said.

2nd could be DL, OL, S, or LB depending on who's left. Good position to be in, being able to chose bpa in several positions. RB's about the only thing I wouldn't want to see - they're so dependent on a good OL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montoya View Post
                I do realize what it does. But I also realize that this could mean us not being able to repeat next year because we have a project. Lynch could end up being a great QB. I just think with all the talent still on the board to win now we don't have the chance to do that now. At least we got our Super Bowl with manning while he was here. I just think we lost our 1st and 3rd round picks for a player who is similar to Brock but now needs time to develope. Instead of trying to repeat this year.
                Taking Lynch doesn't mean Elway isn't trying to repeat. As he has said, though, he is building the Broncos to win and win from now on. Lynch won't help immediately. But, the upside is incredible, more than Osweiler. We know Elway covets physical talent in his QBs. Trading away a 3rd round pick will seem like peanuts if this guy pans out.

Comment

• Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                  I wonder if Jarron Reed will be available? I doubt it but you never know.
                  I would be ok with that. I thought he would go 1st round for sure. There a re a ton of very solid picks at DE for us still. Jihad Ward, Carl nassib, Adolphus Washington, Chris Jones. etc...wouldn't be surprised to see one of them taken in round 2.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SeNEBronco
                    I meant were they going after Lynch? Didn't mean value.
                    I understood, I just took it another direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                      Taking Lynch doesn't mean Elway isn't trying to repeat. As he has said, though, he is building the Broncos to win and win from now on. Lynch won't help immediately. But, the upside is incredible, more than Osweiler. We know Elway covets physical talent in his QBs. Trading away a 3rd round pick will seem like peanuts if this guy pans out.
                      I wouldn't be so sure about that.
                      sigpic

Comment

• People also need to remember how deep our team is. Do we really have spots on our roster for 8 rookies in addition to the depth we already have? I think not...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeNEBronco View Post
                          Don't forget Brock's batted down passes....how are you 6'8 and have batted passes?
                          Exactly. Lynch has a compact throwing motion and lot of power to make any throw. Brock has a weird throwing motion, a sidearm delivery that launches the ball with its tip pointing downward. Brock's release pretty much negates his height advantage and that's why his passes are batted so easily.

Lynch is basically a superior version of Osweiler and with much more college experience. Now it's just a matter of getting the reps in the NFL. It's not like Brock is 100% battle tested after 7 starts.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Elway stated years ago that the most important positions warranting high draft picks and/or $ are QB, Left Tackle, pass rushers and cover Corners. He has followed his own advice and it has had success.
                            I'm pleasantly surprised the way things worked out. We don't know how PL will perform but I'm anxious to see.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gsam;5426023]I understood, I just took it another direction.[/QUOTE

Haha. Just making clear communication!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                I don't think they are really all that similar except for height
                                How would you compare and contrast Lynch and Osweiler?

Comment

Working...
                                X