2016 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Today actually has me more nervous than round 1. Elway's track record on day 2 isn't great tbh.
    Well we get both of our day 2 guys from last year back from injury. sambrilo showed potential in the few games he played. Moving to guard will do him a favor. I have a hunch Heuerman will be a stud for us this year.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLumberjacks View Post
      My original point is non existent at this point but I want to touch on this. I was good with the pick but I am concerned about his Wonderlic. Yes, you can go back 30-40 years to find some examples of it not being a concern. The game has evolved since then though, if you would agree. You can sweep it under the rug if you choose. Im just a little more concerned than most I guess.
      They talked about it yesterday. They said that the wonderlic has not been proven to have absolutely any correlation to NFL success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
        Terry Bradshaw scored a 12. Wonderlic has nothing to do with football. Its an interesting indicator, but not the end all/be all of anything. Paxton's score is somewhat concerning, but I wouldn't think it means he can't learn a playbook or read a defense. Kubiak's offense is traditionally very QB friendly.

I would think Lynch's low turnover ratio is a better indicator of his football IQ.
        Your example does make sense however.......

Comment

• sources tell me #Broncos have shown more interest in WR Braxton Miller than any other team in #NFLdraft - we'll see if they add him today.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• If we could get Chris Jones in the 2nd round... that would be a STEAL
            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• I have to admit I was real bummed last night with what we did. But after a night of thinking about it I can live with it. All I hope is that he has success from the get go. Not superstar success but at least a decent starter. I do NOT by any means want to see Sanchez starting. I get that he has said the right things and stuff but it's mark Sanchez. Before he came here everybody had the same opinion on him and now that he's here. People are buying into him from him saying the right things. Anyways. I really want us to draft a stud Runningback to help Lynch cuz let's be real we're going to need a great defense and rushing attack if we hope to be good this year. So maybe Booker or Perkins can compliment CJ.

Comment

• I hate that Denver used a pick on a QB and lost a third as well.

The opportunity cost of not having two good RB, WR, DB, pass rusher, offensive lineman just kills me

QBs are more important though, I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                  I hate that Denver used a pick on a QB and lost a third as well.

The opportunity cost of not having two good RB, WR, DB, pass rusher, offensive lineman just kills me

QBs are more important though, I suppose.
                  it helps when your 4 deep at pass rusher 3 deep at cb and 2 deep at WR. plus no WR where open. but i like the trade and are happy we got lynch. if he lives up his potential he is a pro-bowl QB. if he hits his floor he is a below average starter.

plus RB is so loaded next year why use one out side of a late round guy you think can be a steal with that class coming taking the juniors decleare,
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• RB is the least of my worries.. I think our track record shows you can get a good RB pretty much anywhere in the draft. Or even an undrafted FA. Unless you feel like you're getting an elite talent (AP, Charles, Gurley), I would never draft a RB before the 4th rd
                    Last edited by bigdog1002; 04-29-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdog1002 View Post
                      RB is the least of my worries.. I think our track record shows you can get a good RB pretty much anywhere in the draft. Or even an undrafted FA. Unless you feel like you're getting an elite talent (AP, Charles, Gurley), I would never draft a RB before the 4th rd
                      y ai am sure sure keith marshal in the 4th or 5th will be a stud if he can be healthy

would people fine giving up a third to move up and try to get jack or something like that. i want jack.
                      Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 04-29-2016, 02:24 PM.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

• I wouldn't mind seeing a guard and ILB taken tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdog1002 View Post
                          RB is the least of my worries.. I think our track record shows you can get a good RB pretty much anywhere in the draft. Or even an undrafted FA. Unless you feel like you're getting an elite talent (AP, Charles, Gurley), I would never draft a RB before the 4th rd
                          You make a good point. It's not easy to find a good back later in the draft, but it's easier than other positions.

Comment

• I could see Sanchez holding down the QB spot for at least half the season.. then something will happen and Paxton Lynch will be inserted into the starting lineup... a la Jay Cutler
                            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• I will be happy with two starters or quality backups on day 2.

Really high on Sue Cravens and Kaufusi.

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                                I could see Sanchez holding down the QB spot for at least half the season.. then something will happen and Paxton Lynch will be inserted into the starting lineup... a la Jay Cutler
                                lynch will be starting sooner then later. he will probably throw 2500-3000 yards 15 tds 15 ints. or so is what i would expect. and it will improve from here on out. he is the perfect fit for our offense. massive arm, very atheletic. he can be a pro bowl qb in this system. i think lynch comes in day one and leads us to the playoffs. and follow a flacco like arch.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                                X