No announcement yet.

2016 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol riiiiiight. We heavily reached on that pick. Big time. Now the kid might end up being decent. But we Definately reached with a lot of really good football players still on the board.

Comment

• Billings, Hargrave, Muddy, OL, RB, all would have been better options
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• My thing is reach....like...we really didn't think he'd be there in the 3rd rd??

That's when I get pissed. Maximize our opportunities. We still need a burner at WR...feel like we're too slow on offense.

This guy is very likely there in the next round so why reach?

Like the Lynch pick and not gonna say I don't like this pick but don't like when we made it.

Comment

• So the Browns have 2 picks coming up. I think one of them is Connor Cook.
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by Montoya View Post
            Lol riiiiiight. We heavily reached on that pick. Big time. Now the kid might end up being decent. But we Definately [sic] reached with a lot of really good football players still on the board.
            I think that John Elway would tell you, "No. We definitely did not reach."

Comment

• Yes.....luv Izzy announcing The Bears pick. He's from my area, and he is one heck of a good dude!!

Comment

Lol riiiiiight. We heavily reached on that pick. Big time. Now the kid might end up being decent. But we Definately reached with a lot of really good football players still on the board.
                A lot of teams have started to take 'reaches' so nobody knows how each team have players graded. There is no way of knowing if this pick is good or not for at least a year or 2.

He has been compared to Wolfe. This was the report on Wolfe at the combine from NFL.com -

Wolfe is a big interior lineman, and plays very instinctively to be a factor in the run game. He is a slow-moving, non-explosive athlete, but this doesn't define his games and he finds other ways to be a factor. He can get overpowered by double teams, and will need to continue to develop his technique to not get erased there. Based off his frame and potential, he has late-round value in the draft.

So time will tell

Comment

• [QUOTE=HUMCALC;5427117]Billings, Hargrave, Muddy, OL, RB, all would have been better options[/QUOTE.
                  So I'm not the only one..

Comment

Lol riiiiiight. We heavily reached on that pick. Big time. Now the kid might end up being decent. But we Definately reached with a lot of really good football players still on the board.
                    We did? Do you know what role he is going to play? Do you know how we are going to replace malik? IS he moving to DT? IS he playing DE? Where will he go in sub packages?

Just stop man. A kicker went in the 2nd round for gods sakes and you are crying about it. The 49ers gave up a metric ton for like the 8th ranked Guard. None of us can judge till they hit the field. Just cause the name is not popular doesn't mean the guy is a bust.

Dallas got laughed at 3 years ago for drafting travis frederick in the 1st round to play C for them. Now he is one of the best centers in the league. Travis was slated to be a 3rd round Center at best.
                    Last edited by Gsam; 04-29-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Seems like a reach to me as well, but the big motor in the thin air has always been a winning combination especially when the others start to run out of gas.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdog1002 View Post
                        They said he had a 2nd rd grade before his knee injury. Jack and Smith's injuries are WAY worse than "just" an ACL so why is everybody so high on them but low on this guy? Just bc you never heard of him?
                        Pretty much. I think the bias is because this process drags out for so long that you hear the same names over and over again. So I had something of a list in my head of DT/DE guys (really college DT's that I thought could play 3-4 DE) and tried to rank them. Then I looked at various boards and tried to get an idea of their "value" based on what everybody though everybody else was doing. Not to mention you are also mentally juggling guys at various positions and trying to figure out which one is the best value for the pick that is going to be invested in him. Sure it's all horse manure being help up by hot air...but you get used to the smell after a while so when someone just seems to pop up out of nowhere my first reaction is, "Hey! What about this guy? And that other guy?" I had no idea who this guy was. I've been doing some reading but I can't find any video of him actually playing at all. The best I can come up with is that they think this guy will be kind of like Derek Wolfe. That's not a bad thing if it's true.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• We also have the best defensive line coach in the NFL and he doesn't have to play right away since we have Crick and Walker
                          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

If he turns out to be good, who the heck cares if we reached?

If the Patriots drafted Tom Brady in the first round people would have killed them.

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              Draft grades mean absolutely nothing. We must be doing something right because we won the Superbowl and a bunch of our draft picks got huge pay days. I trust elway and his staff that do this for a living
                              Bingo

I'm pretty damn sure our Bronco Brass covet these draft picks. I'm sure a LOT and care went into that decision. Sure, based on what the general media says might make it look like this pick might be there later in the draft, but the general media didn't just win the superbowl and get a bunch of their draft picks paid like roush said
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Thank goodness somebody else actually has an opinion.
                                You mean an opinion that coincides with yours?
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X