2016 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    They said he had a 2nd rd grade before his knee injury. Jack and Smith's injuries are WAY worse than "just" an ACL so why is everybody so high on them but low on this guy? Just bc you never heard of him?
    Likely because Jack and Smith were elite talents before their injuries. This guy was at best a second round pick before the injury. The good news is he is pretty raw and hasn't even played the game for a long time. So he may have substantial upside. But talent wise is not considered in the same league as Jack and Smith.

Comment

• Just because a player is projected to go in certain rounds by the talking heads doesnt mean thats where all teams value them.

Teams spend literally hundreds and hundreds of hours studying and analyzing these players.

And who knows, maybe other teams were looking at Gotsis. Just because you dont know much about a player doesnt mean its a bad pick
      sigpic

Comment

• Elway has built this team his way and into Super Bowl contention the last 4-5 years. Whose to argue with his decisions. Keep building the foundation for now and for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          Billings, Hargrave, Muddy, and Ridgeway (arguably)
          All players that no other teams have picked yet.....................

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
            All players that no other teams have picked yet.....................
            Exactly, We drafted a DT and Adolfus Washington just went too over all of those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montoya View Post
              No I mean a realistic opinion. Just because elway drAfted him does not mean you have to act like he was a good 2nd round pick. I guarantee you 99% of the people on here before the draft if I would of said we were going to draft him they would all call me crazy.

What makes yours any more realistic? Looks like 95% of the people on here say they trust elway. And obviously you missed my post before the one you quoted
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I like the sound of this kid but know little about him. Good size and strength, a team captain and non stop motor. Hard to move on the DL and his knee is doing fine after combine checks, due to be back for TC

Comment

• What he brings Insider: Gotsis is an Australian native who has just four years of experience playing football, but he improved every year at Georgia Tech. He has ideal measurables with quality bulk, long arms and heavy hands that provide him with excellent point-of-attack skills. He is most effective as an interior pass-rusher, where he uses his quickness and power combination to gain initial leverage on blockers. Gotsis is coming off a season-ending knee injury, but assuming he checks out medically, he has the size, athleticism, versatility and physical edge to develop into a starter, ideally as a 5-technique for a base 3-4 scheme. -- Kevin Weidl

How he fits: Denver signed Jared Crick but it also lost Malik Jackson to free agency and needed to add depth along the defensive line. Gotsis is similar to Derek Wolfe in that he has the ability to play on the outside, where he's stout against the run, or on the inside, where he has the potential to develop into a disruptive pass-rusher. He's a perfect fit for the Broncos. -- Steve Muench

Comment

• Why aren't more RBs going?
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• still lost of talent that we can "reach" for next

Comment

• There are about 15 picks left in the round and three of the top five RB's are still on the board.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• "2015 NFL Draft: Georgia Tech's Adam Gotsis a name to remember" by Rob Rang

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...me-to-remember

With his speed - wonder if he has more potential moving to DE. His 40 is as fast as Nkemdiche - not that a 40 time is everything.

SonOfBum at work driving Elway to pick Gotsis?

Comment

• Probably due to all the d talent that was pushed out of the first and 2nd
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                              There are about 15 picks left in the round and three of the top five RB's are still on the board.
                              Braxton miller also who we've been linked to. Odds are well be someone I haven't heard of lol

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                                Why aren't more RBs going?
                                possible the large amount of talent on defense in this draft is dropping the backs down in the draft?

Comment

Working...
                                X