Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dizzolve
    replied
    Anyone watched any of that All or Nothing: A Season With The Arizona Cardinals on Amazon.com?

[Season 1 Episode 2] :21m mark had the execs of Arizona go see a college game where Georgia Tech was one of the teams. They were blown away by the physique and size of Gotsis. President said something like, holy crap - look at the trunk on that dude.

pretty cool show in the same vein as Hard Knocks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GF3WPU8

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Thanks....for that....insight?
    I was agreeing with you that he doesn't need to be a playmaker...just able to open holes....

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    Janovich looks like a faster version of Green Bay's John Kuhn. Lead blocker who plays on every special team, who gets the occaisional chance to get the ball in his hands.

Hopefully this kid can acheive the cult status like Kuhn has during his career.
    watched him his whole career he is a complete FB can do it all and I expect from day 1 he'll be at minimum real good ST guy...the new offense Nebraska ran this year helped him a great deal

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Janovich looks like a faster version of Green Bay's John Kuhn. Lead blocker who plays on every special team, who gets the occaisional chance to get the ball in his hands.

Hopefully this kid can acheive the cult status like Kuhn has during his career.

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    what kubiak really needs out of a FB is to be a dominant blocker. everything else is pretty minor.
    Thanks....for that....insight?

Leave a comment:

• 15thebeast
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

So found this video on Janovich and thought it was solid showing his running blocking and special teams. And I think that special teams is why he was probably the pick as having a FB that plays special teams helps in fitting him in the roster.
    Looks like he could be a very good player on this team, love how he doesn't dance around the hole he puts his head down makes someone miss or runs them over and just keeps picking up yards. Would like to see how well he catches the ball out the backfield if he can be a threat in the passing game aswell we have a player who will be on this team a very long time.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I saw that Jack Allen went undrafted. Connor Cook got blasted and fell on draft boards for not being voted a team captain. Then Allen, who was elected team captain over Cook at Michigan State, did not get drafted. The NFL is hilarious. 4-year starter, 46 starts, 1st-Team All-American, team leader. Opened holes for Le'Veon Bell and Jeremy Langford. Undrafted. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Trevathan and Marshall were both Will Backers in a split front IIRC. I think Wade Phillips wants speed and coverage ability at the inside Backer spots. Seems like that kind of guy is found more at an OLB spot in college. Corners whose second position is FS are handy, too.
    Yup. I was digging around to find guys that seemed to match up with what we do and kept stumbling across hybrid Safety/OLB types.

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    Love the Janovich pick.
    He will have the MOST impact in 2016...of any drafted player this weekend.
    -
    I reckon they can all be good.. but they all gonna ease in behind a veteran player.

We will see janovich starting in the Carolina game... He is our Starting FB as of today.
    He aint sitting behind anybody. Just how it is.
    FB is gonna be a big part of the Kubiak offense I am sure.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied

So found this video on Janovich and thought it was solid showing his running blocking and special teams. And I think that special teams is why he was probably the pick as having a FB that plays special teams helps in fitting him in the roster.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    While I was looking at various Safeties it seemed to me that, as a pro team that uses the position in creative ways, it was important to pick someone who showed a lot of versatility. Same thing at the ILB spot. We can't really grab a typical college ILB and plug him in here regardless of how good he looked playing in college.
    Trevathan and Marshall were both Will Backers in a split front IIRC. I think Wade Phillips wants speed and coverage ability at the inside Backer spots. Seems like that kind of guy is found more at an OLB spot in college. Corners whose second position is FS are handy, too.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    When Brian Urlacher was at UNM, he played the "Lobo Back" spot on D. San Diego State calls that position "Aztec". Sometimes that player is called "Bandit". He's kind of like a third Safety who can play like a DB, Backer or pass rusher.
    While I was looking at various Safeties it seemed to me that, as a pro team that uses the position in creative ways, it was important to pick someone who showed a lot of versatility. Same thing at the ILB spot. We can't really grab a typical college ILB and plug him in here regardless of how good he looked playing in college.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    well........Tucson is the greatest city in AZ and tempe, home of the Scum Devils, is the worst........
    I like Tucson, and Mount Lemmon, too. They know how to cook chile in Tucson.

The Lobos and Wildcats played a good game in the NM Bowl.
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-30-2016, 09:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by sendacash View Post
    Yeah you might be correct, looking at their lineup and Parks played the "Spur" role, whatever that means. Some type of DB\LB crossover?

Wade is creative, maybe we see some 3-3-5 coming on Defense?
    When Brian Urlacher was at UNM, he played the "Lobo Back" spot on D. San Diego State calls that position "Aztec". Sometimes that player is called "Bandit". He's kind of like a third Safety who can play like a DB, Backer or pass rusher.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Does anyone know if Drew Ott was drafted or signed anywhere?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X