Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Rappaport: Romo most likely destination in offseason: Broncos

Ian RapoportVerified account ‏@RapSheet 14m14 minutes ago
    When #Cowboys look to trade Tony Romo this offseason, he’ll have significant say. I’m told he has eyes on the #Broncos as a potential spot.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Romo

When #Cowboys look to trade Tony Romo this offseason, he’ll have significant say. I’m told he has eyes on the #Broncos as a potential spot. From rapsheet.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 11-20-2016, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I'm not saying Siemian is our QB forever, but Romo. We are seeing the punishment Trevor's taking. Romo would be hurt by week 4 if not sooner. Upgrade the O line and we'll be fine. PLEASE DONT SIGN ROMO. For his own sake he should retire

Comment

If we can shore up that offensive line, I'd be more than happy to give Romo a chance to get a ring. It's a big if though.
        sigpic

Comment

He will be a JET

I don't see Elway giving up picks or paying 20mil a year

He would have to be on the cheap, up to Romo on how bad he wants a ring.

Plus Jerry loves him some Romo he doesn't mind paying him to ride the pine and wants him to win a ring in Dallas. He already had to watch Ware win one here lol

Comment

If Denver focused strongly on the oline this offseason the I would be 100% onboard with this. I could also see us trading Trevor is this happens. Maybe to a team like Washington so they don't have to resign Cousin to a 20+ contract

Comment

Romo would instantly upgrade the QB position however the injuries are mounting. An injury can happen at any time regardless of the player. Our line would need to provide better protection. The Broncos took the risk with Manning and everything worked out well - at the time we didn't know how it would work out.

At the same time Elway traded up to sign Paxton and I wouldn't want him waiting through his 4th year for an opportunity. Paxton has so much potential. I think the draft picks we have should be used to improve the offensive/defensive line. The Broncos could also use cap space that would be spent on Romo for free agents on the offensive/defensive line.

I'm mixed about it either way but it's just speculation at this time.

Comment

Pass......He had his shot to be a bronco out of college and he chose the boys. He can go he a Jet. The job is Paxtons to lose starting next year.
                sigpic

Comment

I can only hope this is a bogus rumor.

Keep the QB dynamics of Siemian and Lynch. Develop them, pay them peanuts and keep the defense intact. Spend the FA money on a elite o-lineman or two and build for the future.

Sad that the Broncos are even in a position that this suggestion even has credibility or sparks any enthusiasm with fans. Romo was over rated and over-hyped before the back injuries. Now... seriously!

Comment

I think Elway will stick to the competition between Siemian and Lynch. Von Miller is already making QB money and that was only possible because the team has 2 QBs under draft contracts. Romo and his $14 million salary would seriously hurt the salary cap when Miller is making $19 million/year. I expect Elway to focus on improving the offensive line and give his 1st-round QB a good shot at winning the starting job.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      I can only hope this is a bogus rumor.

Keep the QB dynamics of Siemian and Lynch. Develop them, pay them peanuts and keep the defense intact. Spend the FA money on a elite o-lineman or two and build for the future.

Sad that the Broncos are even in a position that this suggestion even has credibility or sparks any enthusiasm with fans. Romo was over rated and over-hyped before the back injuries. Now... seriously!
                      Couldn't agree more, romo is overrated and is one big hit away from never playing again, the best thing he can do is retire instead of eating up a large amount of the Cowboys cap and hopefully not ours aswell

Comment

I wouldn't trade anything for Romo.

If he were released/cut and we decided to sign him to a reasonable contract then that's fine but I wouldn't waste pics on him being as though he probably won't be available the entire season due to injury, and even if he was available he still has the biggest 'choke' gene of his era.

So basically every time he takes a snap we'd:

1. be worried that he won't get up if/when hit/sacked.
                        2. be worried he'd throw that game defining INT.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                          I wouldn't trade anything for Romo.

If he were released/cut and we decided to sign him to a reasonable contract then that's fine but I wouldn't waste pics on him being as though he probably won't be available the entire season due to injury, and even if he was available he still has the biggest 'choke' gene of his era.

So basically every time he takes a snap we'd:

1. be worried that he won't get up if/when hit/sacked.
                          2. be worried he'd throw that game defining INT.
                          Do you think that he's worse than Cutler?
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            Do you think that he's worse than Cutler?
                            Nah Cutler's a lot worse because he just doesn't even care. I don't even consider what he does in the INT department as "choking"...he's just a care-less, passion-less idiot.

At least Romo gives a damn and tries before he eventually "chokes" the game away.
                            Last edited by Mel B.; 11-20-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Romo playing behind our O Line
                              Denver Broncos
                              New York Yankees
                              New York Knicks
                              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X