Addressing both lines in the draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addressing both lines in the draft

Both the offensive and defensive lines have been less than stellar this year. We have been man handled on both fronts and contrary to popular belief size does matter. We need to get both bigger, faster and stronger on both sides of the ball. So here's my draft solution:

1). Quenton Nelson. G. 6-5 326
    2) Jaron Jones. DE. 6-5. 315
    3) Lowell Lotulele. NT. 6-2. 310
    3) Connor McDermott T 6-9 310
    3) TJ Watt. LB. 6-5 243
    4) Kyle Fuller. C. 6-5 315
    5) Pharaoh Brown. TE 6-5 250
    7) Darius English. OLB. 6-6 240
    7) Psalm Wooching. LB 6-3 231

I like your draft good post I think we might trade for Sheldon Richardson during the draft but that was a rumor I read we shall see but I really like the idea of having dominant lines on both sides of the ball

Comment

Originally posted by darklord View Post
      I like your draft good post I think we might trade for Sheldon Richardson during the draft but that was a rumor I read we shall see but I really like the idea of having dominant lines on both sides of the ball
      This is his last year on his contract. But i really dont know if we need to change up the De spots i feel we more need a Nt and josh tupou looked really good last night
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

The talent at OL in this draft is not good ... I would try to target OL/LT in the 3rd but there isn't a LT that is worth a 1st rounder, IMO of course.

I say LT because unless Okung turns things around these last 6 games I don't see why we would pay around 12M per for him the next few years and we don't have anybody that we could really count on already on the team.
        Using FA is probably the way to go to fill the LT spot, there are a few decent prospects there.
        I think we have solid potential at the G position and don't need to use a 1st on one.

Have to see how the draft pans out for us though ... we should just take BAP regardless of position, we are still good enough to do that rather than targeting a specific position.

It looks like there is great prospects at S throughout the draft.
        I do like TJ Watt.
        sigpic

Comment

I hope Elway buils the OL through free agency because we need linemen who are ready to play at a high level, not rookies who may need years of development. I agree that Elway must draft OL to have some young players on rookie deals adding depth and competition, but I hope the starters are accomplished veterans. Same thing at the TE position. There will be some interesting TEs entering free agency next year. The 2013 draft class was nearly a total waste, so Elway won't have any big free agent from that class to re-sign and will be able to focus on free agents from other teams.
          sigpic

Comment

We don't need TE's now that we have AJ Derby

Comment

Originally posted by aditheman View Post
              We don't need TE's now that we have AJ Derby
              Agree. Derby looks good. I like what i have seen so far.

Comment

Whether they upgrade through FA or the draft, anything would be better than the scrubs they have now.
                sigpic

Comment

I still stand by going OL in FA and drafting DL early in the draft. I really like Jarrad Davis and Caleb Brantley from Florida. If there is a way to get both I hope we do. Dudes can ball.
                  Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

They need size on both sides. This philosophy that nimble interior lineman can somehow make plays have proven itself to be entirely worthless. Oakland's o line just swatted our guys down like kids. We need a nose tackle who gets inside pressure on passing plays and can occupy multiple lineman on running plays.

I would also add a good MLB. Todd Davis and Corey Nelson are not sufficient replacements for Trevathan.

Comment

IMO drafting oline is not resolving the problem. Free agency will. Sign best available OT and an OG. Then augment with the already young players on the roster.

D-line can be added as rotational players if any are available. Broncos likely will have 5 picks in the top 100 due to conditional picks. A couple of them for either line is fine with me. Just not the primary focus from the draft IMO.

My preference for the first round remains Adoree Jackson. With the fiasco of the return game last night I want him even more. He immediately gives the Broncos a dynamic returner. And he gets worked into the secondary when possible if any CBs are injured or as the future Talib replacement.

Comment

I agree with most of you get O line in free agency and draft D line and a good middle linebacker that would definitely have us back on top quickly

Comment

Don't forget a special teams returner.

Comment

I have always felt that if you can win the line of scrimmage your chances of winning are better.
                            A good (or great) O-Line can make average skill players look adequate but a poor line can make great skill players look average (or worse).
                            Great stud D-Line frees up the back of the D. Don't have to stack the box or blitz so much. Less finesse + more solid basics= fewer mistakes, which is always a good thing.
                            Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                              The talent at OL in this draft is not good ... I would try to target OL/LT in the 3rd but there isn't a LT that is worth a 1st rounder, IMO of course.

I say LT because unless Okung turns things around these last 6 games I don't see why we would pay around 12M per for him the next few years and we don't have anybody that we could really count on already on the team.
                              Using FA is probably the way to go to fill the LT spot, there are a few decent prospects there.
                              I think we have solid potential at the G position and don't need to use a 1st on one.

Have to see how the draft pans out for us though ... we should just take BAP regardless of position, we are still good enough to do that rather than targeting a specific position.

It looks like there is great prospects at S throughout the draft.
                              I do like TJ Watt.

I agree with this post.In addition to which if we do trade for Joe Thomas in the off season he will only cost us $10 million next year if we pick up the salary he is due next year with the browns.We know what we get with Thomas whereas the draft and O linemen has been a bit of a lottery the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X