David Bruton Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Bruton Available

I doubt he'd want to come here, considering he left for a chance to be starter. However, i'd welcome him back with loving arms!
    sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Agreed. Would be awesome to get him back on Vet minimum... especially with the issues we've had on special teams.

Comment

He's not available yet, he's been waived. He will have to go through waivers.Maybe someone will claim him ahead of the Broncos if the new team only has to pay the remainder of his 2016 salary. The problem in his Redskins contract is that he has a $2.25 million salary for 2017 and $2.75 million for 2018. I believe that, as a veteran with more than 4 years of service, Bruton becomes a free agent after the season even if he's claimed via waivers.
      sigpic

Comment

David Bruton waived by Redskins

I say we bring him back if we can.https://www.google.com/amp/predomina...?client=safari

Comment

Wasn't he on IR?

Comment

Same here, I'd love to have him back in Denver. Special teams ace and captain for us, but like you stated he left because he wanted to start. If he clears waivers, it would be awesome if something could be worked out. However, I don't really want to see him out there on defense taking away snaps from Simmons and Parks. His immediate impact on special teams would be vital, though.

I still don't see why we have 8 WRs on our roster - that's a head scratcher. Hopefully we cut bait on one of Norwood, Brown, or even Latimer if Raymond can solidify a role on special teams. One of those guys could clear a spot for Bruton.
            2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
              Wasn't he on IR?
              Yeah, that's what I remember hearing.
              sigpic

Comment

According to Mike Klis, " To clarify for S David Bruton: He was not on WAS IR because of concussion. He cleared before IR. It was roster move. He's healthy. #9sports "

Comment

Bruton brings immediate leadership and knowledge to the ST units.

If the Broncos could fit him in, itd be a great fit.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I live in DC. Burton was terrible as a starter here. They lost both games he was in and he couldn't tackle to save his life. Duke Ihenacho replaced him and is thriving.

That said, Burton is a great guy and does a lot for the community. And if he can help our punt and kickoff coverage, maybe he is worth a signing for $1.3m or less.

Comment

Just realized autocorrect changes Bruton to Burton. Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        Bruton brings immediate leadership and knowledge to the ST units.

If the Broncos could fit him in, itd be a great fit.
                        There's a reason he was a special teams captain. Our ST unit needs all the help it can get. I'd bring him in if we could, too.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X