Next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next season

What would you think about.. Trading our 1st for Joe Thomas.. Picking up Adrian Peterson in free agency since he's due 20 million next year rumor is he will be cut. Trade CJ Anderson to a RB needy team and let bibbs and booker develop behind Peterson. Use the draft to improve our o line and DT positions.

I would say no.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Not arguing.. Just curious of others opinions.. Why not?

Comment

Joe Thomas however not for a 1st round pick - 32 years old. Still plays at a high level.

Not ready to give up on CJ. AP is not what he was. In the playoffs last year he cost the Vikings with fumbles.

Comment

Personally, I'd freak out over this given 3 things:

1) Peterson takes a pay cut. Don't want to overspend for an over 30 RB coming off an injury. Still, if he were able to return to form, once again, he'd be a freaking BEAST!
          2) I'd offer something other a first for Thomas, maybe a 2nd and a 5th, or a 2nd this year, 4th next draft. Don't like giving up a first round pick that you could control for five years if he pans out.
          3) No matter if we got Peterson and Thomas, it still doesn't solve the other "offensive" offensive linemen. And if the line doesn't block well, even a HOF RB will look bad (see Minnesota's first game). It would obviously solidify our LT, but we need another RT and more talent at G and the depth positions.

However, I don't see either team parting with their best players respectively. And both have been vocal about their desire to remain with one team their entire career.
          Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
          Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
          Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Just seems like you'd be bringing in too many older guys. You don't want to give up your top picks you need to find young talent just to field an older team. That's a sure way to be irrelevant in only a year or two.

I'd like having Joe Thomas, but he is getting old, so he's not worth a first anymore. AP? No way, running backs are a dime a dozen and he's old too.
            sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
            Sig by: MHS

Comment

I'd consider the Thomas trade or one like it. Main issue there is that we'd have really issues with depth. No to the AP trade. Injuries + age....just not worth it. CJ trade a no too...he is a easily our best back and if memory serves his contracts from here on out gets more team friendly.

Comment

What if we traded a 4th and CJ Anderson to the Browns for Joe Thomas. And Peterson was released and signed a 6 million salary with another 6 million in insentivies for games played and yards? We keep our 1st and with our cap 6-12 million next year is doable.

Comment

I think there's just too much prognostication and wishful thinking in this post. I don't think the Browns are going to trade for another Bronco RB after getting screwed with Peyton Hillis, and they already have like 4000 draft picks next season so I'm assuming they'll draft a couple of them and keep the ones that turn out best.

I don't see the purpose of getting AP at all. RBs are largely a product of their line. So you take an aging AP, off a nearly year off suspension followed by a season ending injury (that's two years off straight almost) and put him behind our line and I think you're not going to have anything but a waste of money back there.

Joe Thomas could be special but I doubt he'd ever leave Cleveland. He's certainly shown no desire to, and Cleveland asks way too much for him because of that very reason and there's no need to overpay for someone in his 30s anyway so I pass here as well unless we get an amazing deal.
                  sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                  Sig by: MHS

Comment

An RB needy team would just sign Peterson. And CJ honestly has very little value right now with his injury history. As for Joe Thomas that ship has sailed the browns have made it clear they are not trading Joe Thomas unless they are blown away with the offer and he doesn't seem to be forcing their hand to be traded.

Honestly I would like to see us dump off CJ and DT to the first bidder and use that money to build a line and find a cheaper complimentary #2 to sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                      Just seems like you'd be bringing in too many older guys. You don't want to give up your top picks you need to find young talent just to field an older team. That's a sure way to be irrelevant in only a year or two.

I'd like having Joe Thomas, but he is getting old, so he's not worth a first anymore. AP? No way, running backs are a dime a dozen and he's old too.
                      I'd give up a 1st, it's not like Elway has succeeded with his 1st pick anyways
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        I'd give up a 1st, it's not like Elway has succeeded with his 1st pick anyways
                        Von and Roby seem ok. Wolfe is basically a 1st. It's his mid rounders that aren't that good.
                        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
                        X