No announcement yet.

joe mixon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe was one day removed from turning 18 when this incident happened. He has been a model student athlete sense. He pushed for the release of the video, knowing the visceral reaction our society would have regarding a woman being struck. He has done everything we would have demanded of him and did it BEFORE we demanded it. All the while showing time and time again his talent on the field. This young man deserves a 2nd md chance. We areally a country of 2nd chances. Let's give him the same chance we would our own here.
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

I'm not saying people don't deserve 2nd chances . I try and forgive just like I need to be forgiven. One thing I thought was tasteless on his behalf was after the fact once he was allowed to played he tweeted out and I am paraphrasing , here's to all my haters lol. Like it was mentioned by a different poster she not being scrutinized because she's not entering the draft . However when the time comes for her to get a job after college this may come back to her . My background check for my job dug something I did in Jr high school . We are football fans and that's what we discuss so that's why we look at Mixon and talk about his situations . In my opinion he is no worse then ray rice . I'd take rice in a heartbeat . He apologized , they had been drinking and both were physical . Explain how AP abuses his little boy by taking a switch to him like he was 12 yrs old when in fact he was what 3 ? And is excused and comes back and plays ????

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
        Joe was one day removed from turning 18 when this incident happened. He has been a model student athlete sense. He pushed for the release of the video, knowing the visceral reaction our society would have regarding a woman being struck. He has done everything we would have demanded of him and did it BEFORE we demanded it. All the while showing time and time again his talent on the field. This young man deserves a 2nd md chance. We areally a country of 2nd chances. Let's give him the same chance we would our own here.
        The cycle now is: person gets built up. Something bad happens, then society tears them down and rips them apart. When there's a chance of a second chance then society rips apart whoever was going to give that person a second chance. Then the social media warriors find their next cause and forget about the last one and the person can get a second chance, and people will eventually rally around that.

Michael Vick got a second chance. But there wasn't video of what he did. The video will keep this alive until after the draft, that's why I'm not sure he gets drafted. Whoever gets him after the draft will take a massive PR hit, if they stick with it long enough maybe it works out, otherwise it's the team after that who will be able to give him a second chance.

Comment

Team interviews will also have an impact. If I am Denver I do a lot homework on this kid, to make sure this incident seems very, very likely not to repeat itself. Michael Vick had a overall life change, not saying that excuses behavior. If Denver believes Mixon is quite simply not that person anymore they may be willing to give him a chance. Right now I think someone will draft this kid. The video cost him a lot of money Regardless it was not character that society should be accepting of ever. Sometimes these kids turn out to be fantastic advocates for anti-abuse and sometimes they don't.

Comment

Everyone has to remember. This was not a grown man who did this. This was a stupid kid who made a stupid mistake. From everything I have read, this seems like a one time incident from someone who was being called racial slurs and himself was abused by this woman. That does not excuse his actions, but it does put thing into perspective for me. He was a dumb kid who made a dumb mistake. If he has learned from it, I say we draft him in the 3rd. If not, let him find a different home.
            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

(Rotoworld)

One area scout assigned to Oklahoma told MMQB's Albert Breer that Sooners RB Joe Mixon is well liked by people at the university.

Mixon's character is a major concern after he was caught slugging a girl in the face at age 18. This anonymous scout suggests the punch may have been a one-time mistake and/or something Mixon has learned from. "It needs to be the right market, a team that can handle the onslaught, the right PR staff, because you’ll have to weather the storm," said the scout regarding the team that drafts Mixon. "But the guy the Chiefs drafted [Tyreek Hill], Joe Mixon isn’t half the d-----bag that guy was. You’d have to search to find people that don’t like him. Maybe the parking-lot attendant. Everyone there loves him. And I believe them."

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                (Rotoworld)

One area scout assigned to Oklahoma told MMQB's Albert Breer that Sooners RB Joe Mixon is well liked by people at the university.

Mixon's character is a major concern after he was caught slugging a girl in the face at age 18. This anonymous scout suggests the punch may have been a one-time mistake and/or something Mixon has learned from. "It needs to be the right market, a team that can handle the onslaught, the right PR staff, because you’ll have to weather the storm," said the scout regarding the team that drafts Mixon. "But the guy the Chiefs drafted [Tyreek Hill], Joe Mixon isn’t half the d-----bag that guy was. You’d have to search to find people that don’t like him. Maybe the parking-lot attendant. Everyone there loves him. And I believe them."
                This....could it be spin by Oklahoma....yep but it doesn't mean it isn't true spin of no one comes out to refute it. 1 mistake on his 18th bday (I think? Maybe day after) it's been a long time since this incident if you take into consideration his age. If he had Beenough a 30 or hell a 25 year old this would be a no go scenario....but a 17-18yr old???
                I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...dant/96216816/
                  sigpic

Comment

There is never, ever an excuse for a man to hit a woman. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncodevill View Post
                      There is never, ever an excuse for a man to hit a woman. Period.
                      But he thought his life was in danger.. speaking of. I would argue that you should be allowed to hit anyone if they have a deadly weapon and are threatening to use it. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                        Everyone has to remember. This was not a grown man who did this. This was a stupid kid who made a stupid mistake.
                        I am not arguing with you, I believe he deserves another chance and if Denver drafts him, I'm okay with it.....

But.....

I hate this argument. I considered myself a man by the time I was 18. I definitely knew right from wrong. There is no justification for his actions or decisions in my opinion. He got angry, he made a bad decision. He's not a kid anymore, and I always laugh when I hear announcers and sports media refer to college athletes as kids. Bull crap! When you're old enough to vote and old enough to die for your country, those are ADULT decisions; don't be claiming to be a kid anymore. If anything one can claim to be immature or stupid, but don't try to sell me you're just a kid. My six year old is just a kid.
                        Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                        Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                        Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
                          I am not arguing with you, I believe he deserves another chance and if Denver drafts him, I'm okay with it.....

But.....

I hate this argument. I considered myself a man by the time I was 18. I definitely knew right from wrong. There is no justification for his actions or decisions in my opinion. He got angry, he made a bad decision. He's not a kid anymore, and I always laugh when I hear announcers and sports media refer to college athletes as kids. Bull crap! When you're old enough to vote and old enough to die for your country, those are ADULT decisions; don't be claiming to be a kid anymore. If anything one can claim to be immature or stupid, but don't try to sell me you're just a kid. My six year old is just a kid.
                          I am only 33, but 18 is definitely still a kid. I see people who are 25 still drinking and driving g all the time and think it's ok cause they will never get caught. I truly believe you do the fully grow up until you have a family and child. Children force you to grow up. People who are that young may think they are an "adult" but they are still kids. They make childish decisions like the one we are discussing. Maybe being around all these older and wiser players will be good for him. Again, I believe in 2nd chances and he deserves one.

Comment

I am only 33, but 18 is definitely still a kid. I see people who are 25 still drinking and driving g all the time and think it's ok cause they will never get caught. I truly believe you do the fully grow up until you have a family and child. Children force you to grow up. People who are that young may think they are an "adult" but they are still kids. They make childish decisions like the one we are discussing. Maybe being around all these older and wiser players will be good for him. Again, I believe in 2nd chances and he deserves one.
                            Oh I agree that having a family changes things; I'm there now. But parents make bad decisions too. And I know "adults" with families who still play video games, which is very childlike. Which plays into my way of thinking that it really isn't about age, it's about decision making. And by the time one is 18, unless prevented by some form of mental disability, they are expected to be adults. We can't keep moving the age of accountability up because our society is raising a bunch of immature children who don't want to grow up. 18 has been the accepted age of adulthood since I don't know when (Since the time of Moses?). Lets not start changing it now because our 18 year olds, and some people into their 20s, 30s, and 40s don't want to grow up.

And by the way, I considered myself an adult at that age because I was working full time, going to college, paying my bills, making all "adult" decisions that pertained to me. No help from my parents. And I know you're not attacking me, just making my point some people recognize it's time to grow up. That's not to say I wasn't making immature choices as well, but I was making those choices. Just because I didn't have the same responsibilities as a parent, doesn't mean I wasn't an adult.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
                              Oh I agree that having a family changes things; I'm there now. But parents make bad decisions too. And I know "adults" with families who still play video games, which is very childlike. Which plays into my way of thinking that it really isn't about age, it's about decision making. And by the time one is 18, unless prevented by some form of mental disability, they are expected to be adults. We can't keep moving the age of accountability up because our society is raising a bunch of immature children who don't want to grow up. 18 has been the accepted age of adulthood since I don't know when (Since the time of Moses?). Lets not start changing it now because our 18 year olds, and some people into their 20s, 30s, and 40s don't want to grow up.

And by the way, I considered myself an adult at that age because I was working full time, going to college, paying my bills, making all "adult" decisions that pertained to me. No help from my parents. And I know you're not attacking me, just making my point some people recognize it's time to grow up. That's not to say I wasn't making immature choices as well, but I was making those choices. Just because I didn't have the same responsibilities as a parent, doesn't mean I wasn't an adult.
                              Yes sir, but at the same time this isn't about him being an adult. This is about him being simply young and dumb. Take responsibility out of it. This was just a bad reaction at a bad time. The dude was assaulted. Whether you like it or not he was attacked and verbally and physically assaulted by that woman. He just had a bad reaction. It was one hit, and he didn't go overboard with multiple hits. He then simply walked away. He was also the one who came off as remorseful and pushed to have the video leaked so he could show his side.

I have never understood why is it so taboo for a man to hit a woman, but it's fully acceptable for a woman to hit a man and get away with it. And I don't know why people say he could have walked away. If my wife was hitting me and screaming at me, and I walked away I bet money she would either follow me while still screaming and hitting or throw something at me.

Men should be able to defend themselves against other men as well as women. As stated before he threw one punch which was enough to stop the assault and walked away. He didn't climb on top and keep hitting. He didn't drag her out of the bar by her hair. He didn't lie to police. This is not the same as Ray Rice. Don't get it twisted. This was a young and dumb teenager who just put himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Comment

Yes sir, but at the same time this isn't about him being an adult. This is about him being simply young and dumb. Take responsibility out of it. This was just a bad reaction at a bad time. The dude was assaulted. Whether you like it or not he was attacked and verbally and physically assaulted by that woman. He just had a bad reaction. It was one hit, and he didn't go overboard with multiple hits. He then simply walked away. He was also the one who came off as remorseful and pushed to have the video leaked so he could show his side.

I have never understood why is it so taboo for a man to hit a woman, but it's fully acceptable for a woman to hit a man and get away with it. And I don't know why people say he could have walked away. If my wife was hitting me and screaming at me, and I walked away I bet money she would either follow me while still screaming and hitting or throw something at me.

Men should be able to defend themselves against other men as well as women. As stated before he threw one punch which was enough to stop the assault and walked away. He didn't climb on top and keep hitting. He didn't drag her out of the bar by her hair. He didn't lie to police. This is not the same as Ray Rice. Don't get it twisted. This was a young and dumb teenager who just put himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
                                I am able to see your logic, and completely understand your reasoning, and really cannot argue with you other than this; there are a group of us who do believe it's worse for a man to hit a woman than a woman to hit a man. Call it Biblical (woman's the weaker vessel), call it Southern or Western(a woman is meant to be treated like a lady, taken care of) or call it biological (men are generally stronger than women); whatever the reason, we will always believe it is more wrong for us to be violent towards the opposite sex than vice versa, to the point that we believe we must control ourselves even if being attacked. Restrain, don't hurt.

So when we see the argument made that tries to justify that behavior based off the individual behaving in that manner being a "kid", he better be 5 years old. Because I'm already teaching my 3 year old boy not to hit, but especially his sisters, who are 5 and 6. If someone is 18, like Mixon in this case, we don't wanna hear, "He's just a kid." We believe, due to our upbringing and our think sos, he should know better.

I am fully aware not everyone is raised the same, but these are the reasons for disagreements, 😂.

Comment

Working...
                                X