Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cam Robinson the only option

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cam Robinson the only option

    We need a lt you don't find lt late or in free agency much we need to do what it takes to get this guy. He is the only guy who I think can start at lt day one in this draft and we desperately need to get out tackles fix acquire a top notch rt get a stud like Robinson who can man the left for the next 15 years. I feel we really need to move if we can get him with out giving our first next year
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  • #2
    After watching the NCG I don't know if I would take him over his own teammate in Reuben Foster. He is really good in run blocking and just ok in pass blocking. I think his biggest issue is confidence. He had 2 BIG false start penalties in the game that killed drives.

    I am hoping we keep Okung at this point and sign Zeitler and Wagner to play LG and RT respectively. This would enable us to focus on other areas of need like DT, ILB, OL depth, WR, and possibly RB.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
      After watching the NCG I don't know if I would take him over his own teammate in Reuben Foster. He is really good in run blocking and just ok in pass blocking. I think his biggest issue is confidence. He had 2 BIG false start penalties in the game that killed drives.

      I am hoping we keep Okung at this point and sign Zeitler and Wagner to play LG and RT respectively. This would enable us to focus on other areas of need like DT, ILB, OL depth, WR, and possibly RB.
      Keeping Okung would mean a huge $$$ hit to our available FA options. It would also HAVE to mean that we see Garcia as the major issue for Okung's issues this season. Ie. We think he was trying to do too much to cover for Garcia. I do think that we need a starting RT in the worst way and a starting LG to replace Garcia. Ideally we'd get a good to great vet who is at the tail end of his career at LT and then draft another high to work under him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
        Keeping Okung would mean a huge $$$ hit to our available FA options. It would also HAVE to mean that we see Garcia as the major issue for Okung's issues this season. Ie. We think he was trying to do too much to cover for Garcia. I do think that we need a starting RT in the worst way and a starting LG to replace Garcia. Ideally we'd get a good to great vet who is at the tail end of his career at LT and then draft another high to work under him.
        I just think Okung is better than what he showed. I do think Garcia was the problem. He is terrible. I also don't like the idea of 3 or 4 new starting OL. They take time to gel, and I think Okung would be fine.
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

        Comment


        • #5
          No denying that Robinson is intriguing and seems an easy safe pick. But his value has fallen. He is not as complete a OT as many believed before the season started. Beginning of the season he was easy top 10. Some talking top 5 pick. Now I have seen some mock drafts and scouting comments that have him dropping to the 2nd rd even. Several have him as the 2nd or 3rd OT taken. In fairness I have also seen him still in the top 20 too.

          Doubt he falls that far in a oline starved league but some of the shine has tarnished on the young man's star.

          Talented young man but starting to look more like a project with potential then a year one standout. If that assessment is true then BPA at #20 is not Robinson. Broncos can pick up "potential" in 2nd or 3rd rounds. Also have "potential" already on the roster. Combines and interviews may cause his stock to rise, but it may also help other OTs or players too.

          Elway has all kinds of options. Robinson is just one of them IMO.

          Comment


          • #6
            Im fairly certain we take oline in the 1st, but I like the kid out of Utah more than Robinson. Although after the combine Bolles is going to shoot up draft boards and might not be there. There isn't a ton of tape on Bolles but he is a great athlete and teams will be drooling over him.
            I'm hoping one of the top 3 OL are there for us at 20 if not, one of the better lbs is likely to drop.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just don't want us to draft TE.
              New England Patriots GM

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                Im fairly certain we take oline in the 1st, but I like the kid out of Utah more than Robinson. Although after the combine Bolles is going to shoot up draft boards and might not be there. There isn't a ton of tape on Bolles but he is a great athlete and teams will be drooling over him.
                I'm hoping one of the top 3 OL are there for us at 20 if not, one of the better lbs is likely to drop.
                I am not so sure that oline is the pick. IMO it could be any one of several positions or players. BPA at #20 may not be an olineman. IMO the odds are fairly low considering the talent that is potentially still on the board for the Broncos. But who knows. a lot can and will happen before the Broncos are on the clock on draft day.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I. Still don't see any day one starting lt only way okung stays is with a new contract. And FYI most young line are way better at the. Blocking dude gets the proper technique and he is a pro bowl tackle. Once his hands are on you you ain't getting away.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                    I just think Okung is better than what he showed. I do think Garcia was the problem. He is terrible. I also don't like the idea of 3 or 4 new starting OL. They take time to gel, and I think Okung would be fine.
                    So to be clear you think that sans Garcia all of a sudden Okung is worth a 12Mish contract on an annual basis with a ton of guaranteed money? - if so you and I will need to agree to disagree.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      No denying that Robinson is intriguing and seems an easy safe pick. But his value has fallen. He is not as complete a OT as many believed before the season started. Beginning of the season he was easy top 10. Some talking top 5 pick. Now I have seen some mock drafts and scouting comments that have him dropping to the 2nd rd even. Several have him as the 2nd or 3rd OT taken. In fairness I have also seen him still in the top 20 too.

                      Doubt he falls that far in a oline starved league but some of the shine has tarnished on the young man's star.

                      Talented young man but starting to look more like a project with potential then a year one standout. If that assessment is true then BPA at #20 is not Robinson. Broncos can pick up "potential" in 2nd or 3rd rounds. Also have "potential" already on the roster. Combines and interviews may cause his stock to rise, but it may also help other OTs or players too.

                      Elway has all kinds of options. Robinson is just one of them IMO.
                      I think many looked at a few of the Dallas picks for the top ranked OL in the same light. The real question is two-fold IMO. Does he have the physical gifts/ tools to be a good to great OT in the NFL and 2nd does he have a high football IQ and is he an all-around smart guy - ie can he learn quickly can get up to speed quickly so he is not always thinking about the changes which he will inevitably need to go through at the next level.

                      The other piece to this puzzle is our O-line coach. If he does need some polish but has those other two traits do we have a coach who can develop players....IMO that answer is no. Now with the Vance hire we will see how many of the current coaches find themselves looking for work elsewhere. Here's hoping our O-line coach is at the very least NOT coaching the OL next season.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                        So to be clear you think that sans Garcia all of a sudden Okung is worth a 12Mish contract on an annual basis with a ton of guaranteed money? - if so you and I will need to agree to disagree.
                        I just don't know who would replace him and do a better job for less.
                        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                          I just don't know who would replace him and do a better job for less.
                          So your answer is NO I do not think he is worth 12M a year but since I do not think Schofield or any other FA will come here for less roll with him anyways?

                          So now the question becomes is a cap savings of 10M or so this year alone worth trading a few picks to acquire a solution to our LT position via the draft and move up? - Keeping in mind that that 10M a year could go towards a player to fill one of the positions we'd be "loosing" out on in the draft.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                            So your answer is NO I do not think he is worth 12M a year but since I do not think Schofield or any other FA will come here for less roll with him anyways?

                            So now the question becomes is a cap savings of 10M or so this year alone worth trading a few picks to acquire a solution to our LT position via the draft and move up? - Keeping in mind that that 10M a year could go towards a player to fill one of the positions we'd be "loosing" out on in the draft.
                            I still think he would do just fine with a better LG next to him, and maybe a scheme change will help him as well.
                            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                              After watching the NCG I don't know if I would take him over his own teammate in Reuben Foster. He is really good in run blocking and just ok in pass blocking. I think his biggest issue is confidence. He had 2 BIG false start penalties in the game that killed drives.

                              I am hoping we keep Okung at this point and sign Zeitler and Wagner to play LG and RT respectively. This would enable us to focus on other areas of need like DT, ILB, OL depth, WR, and possibly RB.
                              I've actually cooled on him as well after watching the two playoff games. I never saw him look like a truly dominant player, he looked like a good player, but for someone who will likely be off the board in the top 15 picks, I expected to see some dominance. Maybe I just missed it and it was there?

                              Foster did dominate, he looks like a stud.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X