Cam Robinson the only option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holger_Danske View Post
    What if the bpa is a CB, and the next bpa is a DE, and the next after that is a WR?
    I'd say welcome to the team Mr. CB. Or DE, or WR.

In all fairness, you are probably asking this of the wrong person. One of my preferred 1st round picks is a CB. So I am already open to other positions then a "must have" olinemen or ILB.

But I get your point. This is an old draft argument. BPA or need? There is no easy answer because in the early rounds most players have fairly equal grades.

Simply it is rarely a choice between an "A" rated player vs a "B" rated player at another position.

Although this year is close. The projected olineman, including Robinson, likely available at #20 are good but not great. Do you pass on a potentially great player to fill a need with another project?

Every player is a risk. This is all speculation. None of us is right or wrong just expressing preferences.

Need vs BPA... going to be a fun draft season.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

In all fairness, you are probably asking this of the wrong person. One of my preferred 1st round picks is a CB. So I am already open to other positions then a "must have" olinemen or ILB.

But I get your point. This is an old draft argument. BPA or need? There is no easy answer because in the early rounds most players have fairly equal grades.

Simply it is rarely a choice between an "A" rated player vs a "B" rated player at another position.

Although this year is close. The projected olineman, including Robinson, likely available at #20 are good but not great. Do you pass on a potentially great player to fill a need with another project?

Every player is a risk. This is all speculation. None of us is right or wrong just expressing preferences.

In many respects I agree with you. I also think that in this draft has much better RT candidates then LT ones. I also like many of the OT to guard converts. For me I have us taking a ILB in the 1st. To me this is too perfect of a fit between need and BPA at 20.

But generally speaking I think the positions we will want to target for the draft the players who generally fit them will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Holger_Danske View Post
        What if the bpa is a CB, and the next bpa is a DE, and the next after that is a WR?
        Depends on how big of a difference there is in the grading of the players. If the CB is graded a lot higher than the other two, then you take the CB. If all 3 are graded about equal than you take the player who's in the area of biggest need (could be CB if Webster leaves, or else it'll be a toss up between the other two) if those 3 are BPA but the 4th player is pretty close and in a bigger position of need, then you take the 4th player.

At least that's how I would look at it. Others may disagree. And I guess it depends on who Denver adds in free agency and who the new staff feels might fit into what they want to do going forward, they might be really high on Fowler or Taylor, or they could feel that a 3rd WR is a big need.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Has Nelson declared? I believe Kelly indicated him and mcglinchy would retur n.
          Nelson did submit his name to the draft advisory board but AFAIK has not said if he's going to stay or go. The expectation is that he will go because he's viewed as potentially a first round prospect, but for him staying would also make sense. They have until January 16th to declare for the draft. That's only a few days away. Here is the latest info I've seen:

Offensive linemen

Garett Bolles, Utah (6-5, 300)
          Roderick Johnson, Florida State (6-6, 308)
          Damien Mama, USC (6-3, 325)
          Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin (6-5, 314)
          David Sharpe, Florida (6-5, 357)

Returning to school: Orlando Brown (Oklahoma); Mason Cole (Michigan); Mike McGlinchey (Notre Dame); Cody O'Connell (Washington State); Billy Price (Ohio State); Frank Ragnow (Arkansas)

Notable undecided: Quenton Nelson (Notre Dame)
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Also:

Cam Robinson leads three Alabama juniors declaring for 2017 NFL Draft

Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Yeah, if we did select a CB with our 1st....I hope it is Adoree Jackson. He would solve KR/PR and would give us wiggle room with Roby come contract year.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Working...
              X