No announcement yet.

Sylvester Williams or Brandon Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylvester Williams or Brandon Williams?

Does anyone believe he is done in Denver? He's ok but nothing special, he's been average at best.

The Broncos defense of line really stunk against the run last season maybe one of the reasons why Wade was allowed to walk.

We need a defense of tackle and nose tackle but there's not a lot out there Poe isnt going anywhere, I don't think we really want Nick Fairley here. Tyson Aioulo in Jacksonville? Hell no.

Im advocating for Brandon Williams, he was third round pick in 2013 for Baltimore, He looks pretty good so far, very versatile can move from side to side can attack the ball carrier and even chase down wide receivers at times.

You guys think? We need a nose tackle.

I don't know much about him. He's big. Looks strong. Seems to move well. Sure, why not? How much money is he going to want?
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Found a highlight:

Comment

A video of Ravens-Steelers focusing on Brandon Williams.

Comment

I think a NT is inevitable. We already declined Slys 5th year and oura in issue this season was pressure in the middle. This guy could work or someone else....then there's the draft and we will see how Peko progresses.

Comment

Do we stay with the 3-4 now that Wade is gone? Either way, y'all are right, we need a serious base 3-4 NT fatguy that can play the zero and just hold the POA.

Comment

Why do you think Poe isn't going anywhere? They are not going to franchise tag a guy that has back issues.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
                Do we stay with the 3-4 now that Wade is gone? Either way, y'all are right, we need a serious base 3-4 NT fatguy that can play the zero and just hold the POA.
                considering Joseph comes from Wade and learned under him.

Yes.

And we'd have re-do a ton to run a 4-3 scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  Does anyone believe he is done in Denver? He's ok but nothing special, he's been average at best.

The Broncos defense of line really stunk against the run last season maybe one of the reasons why Wade was allowed to walk.

We need a defense of tackle and nose tackle but there's not a lot out there Poe isnt going anywhere, I don't think we really want Nick Fairley here. Tyson Aioulo in Jacksonville? Hell no.

Im advocating for Brandon Williams, he was third round pick in 2013 for Baltimore, He looks pretty good so far, very versatile can move from side to side can attack the ball carrier and even chase down wide receivers at times.

You guys think? We need a nose tackle.
                  Chiefs probably have to decide between Poe and Berry. Berry is much harder to replace, and a huge fan favorite.

Poe has back issues, and KC took Chris Jones whose been really good, and have other DL as well. Back issues doesnt help causes, i wouldnt want Den to pay Poe though given his back issues.

Comment

NT is one of the positions that I want them to go for in Free Agency. He seems to fit the bill-but he's coming off of his rookie contract so he's going to want big money, and I don't see why the Ravens wouldn't give it to him.

Comment

The Broncos didn't pick up Williams' 5th year option because it would have made him among the highest paid 3-4 NT's in the league. I wouldn't think it rules them out from bringing him back at a cheaper rate. I think Poe and Brandon Williams will cost a lot. Not saying that isn't worth it, but I would rather add the aging, but still effective, Calais Campbell at a more reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                        The Broncos didn't pick up Williams' 5th year option because it would have made him among the highest paid 3-4 NT's in the league. I wouldn't think it rules them out from bringing him back at a cheaper rate. I think Poe and Brandon Williams will cost a lot. Not saying that isn't worth it, but I would rather add the aging, but still effective, Calais Campbell at a more reasonable price.
                        You want to bring in a DE to play NT?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          Why do you think Poe isn't going anywhere? They are not going to franchise tag a guy that has back issues.
                          If they can work out a long term deal with Berry I think they do franchise Poe, if it works with their cap numbers. I don't believe they will work out a long term deal because of the health issues, but the franchise tag is relatively low risk.
                          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            You want to bring in a DE to play NT?
                            I should have been clearer. I meant sign Campbell and Sylvester Williams for the same price as signing someone like Brandon Williams or Dontari Poe.

I think Campbell could be just as effective (maybe more) for a year or two as Malik Jackson was in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                              I should have been clearer. I meant sign Campbell and Sylvester Williams for the same price as signing someone like Brandon Williams or Dontari Poe.

I think Campbell could be just as effective (maybe more) for a year or two as Malik Jackson was in Denver.
                              ahhh, campbell might be a good signing. he would be better than Walker anyway.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X