No announcement yet.

Brandon Marshall (WR) to be cut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he wants to play on a team friendly deal and get a ring I would be all for it.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

• And I think having Marshall here would be good, he could possibly threaten DT for the #1 spot, which might light a fire under his lazy butt.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mosk View Post
        I agree with this. Marshall hasn't been a problem for a long time. Even last year he kept on saying Fitz was his QB, even though they were an awful team and not much QB depth behind Fitz. He wasn't going on record saying "Fitz sucks," "this team sucks," or "I'm not getting the ball enough to win." He's grown up a lot and still one of my favorite WRs in the league. I would take him back with open arms.
        Yeah he's grown up a lot since his time here, but I'm sure if your bring up Marshall to his former teammates some of them would cringe. Did he not make some comments recently that ticked everyone off? I'm sure at this point in his career he'd be willing to take a #3 position in pursuit of a ring, but do we really wanna impede Sunshine's development?
        If we feel we really need a veteran, sign Kenny Britt or (as much as I dislike his acting) bring in Decker because he's familiar with McCoy's system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
          Yeah he's grown up a lot since his time here, but I'm sure if your bring up Marshall to his former teammates some of them would cringe. Did he not make some comments recently that ticked everyone off? I'm sure at this point in his career he'd be willing to take a #3 position in pursuit of a ring, but do we really wanna impede Sunshine's development?
          If we feel we really need a veteran, sign Kenny Britt or (as much as I dislike his acting) bring in Decker because he's familiar with McCoy's system.
          If it means winning a SB, then yes I would impede Sunshine development. I am more worried about having a reliable receiver behind Sanders than developing Sunshine. He has been on the roster for a little while now.
          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• I like DT, I really do, but if I had the choice I would bring in the much more physical Brandon Marshall, cut/trade the softer DT, plus bring in Decker.

A WR core of Marshall, Decker, and Sanders in the slot, would be awesome.

Plus the potential drafting McCaffrey to add to the mix.
            Denver Broncos
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks
            Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure you're right. Just because they play for the same team doesn't mean they always have to get along, and I'm sure that's the case with almost every team. Just like in our workplaces, we don't get along with coworkers. Same for the NFL. However, we have a strong, winning culture and an overall good locker room vibe between the guys. I'm sure some don't get along, but oh well it happens. I think Marshall would be a great fit in our locker room, like others have said he sticks up for his teammates and demands a certain work ethic, which I would take any day.

I like Sunshine, but he's no Marshall. If it means getting to another championship, then I would absolutely risk that. Sunshine could still be the 4th WR. We need another weapon on offense and Marshall would be a great asset. Then if we could grab David Njoku or OJ Howard, our offense would be more than formidable if we address the OL as well.

I wouldn't mind Decker either, but he has to be released first and I would hate if we brought in Kenny Britt.
              2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mosk View Post
                I'm sure you're right. Just because they play for the same team doesn't mean they always have to get along, and I'm sure that's the case with almost every team. Just like in our workplaces, we don't get along with coworkers. Same for the NFL. However, we have a strong, winning culture and an overall good locker room vibe between the guys. I'm sure some don't get along, but oh well it happens. I think Marshall would be a great fit in our locker room, like others have said he sticks up for his teammates and demands a certain work ethic, which I would take any day.

I like Sunshine, but he's no Marshall. If it means getting to another championship, then I would absolutely risk that. Sunshine could still be the 4th WR. We need another weapon on offense and Marshall would be a great asset. Then if we could grab David Njoku or OJ Howard, our offense would be more than formidable if we address the OL as well.

I wouldn't mind Decker either, but he has to be released first and I would hate if we brought in Kenny Britt.
                Great input. On my cell phone at the moment, but I'll cp when I get to my laptop.

Comment

• I'm starting to buy into Marshall especially if we get romo.

If we bring in romo I can see Marshall signing here for less. Maybe 5 mill does the trick maybe nit. But we cut Virgil green and Stephenson and we have the money to pay Marshall without dipping much further into the cap. Some people might have reservations about cutting green but really ask yourself how many times you have said "Virgil green really made a impact in today's game" or "we wouldn't have won that game without Virgil green"

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    I'm starting to buy into Marshall especially if we get romo.

If we bring in romo I can see Marshall signing here for less. Maybe 5 mill does the trick maybe nit. But we cut Virgil green and Stephenson and we have the money to pay Marshall without dipping much further into the cap. Some people might have reservations about cutting green but really ask yourself how many times you have said "Virgil green really made a impact in today's game" or "we wouldn't have won that game without Virgil green"
                    That has been my thoughts on Romo as well. Would older vets like Whitworth and Marshall take more team friendly deals to play with Romo and the defense? It would make sense if this Romo to Denver talk was leaked to the media by us to gauge interest from prospective FA.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      That has been my thoughts on Romo as well. Would older vets like Whitworth and Marshall take more team friendly deals to play with Romo and the defense? It would make sense if this Romo to Denver talk was leaked to the media by us to gauge interest from prospective FA.
                      Is Romo on the same caliber as Brady and Manning where players are willing to play for less money? Is he really that influential or are we assuming too much? I know he's a good to really good qb, but does his name really resonate that much throughout the league?

Im not trying to sound dismissive or anything, but do players really think they can win a championship with Romo given his past playoff performance and his playoff record?
                      Or is he on a pedestal on here?
                      Last edited by Bterres105; 03-03-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• I don't think Romo is on the same level.. but once you add Romo it's the missing piece with our D, Thomas & Sanders and the front office. I think once you add Romo we become a instant Super Bowl caliber team which is more attractive for older players looking for a super bowl

Comment

Is Romo on the same caliber as Brady and Manning where players are willing to play for less money? Is he really that influential or are we assuming too much? I know he's a good to really good qb, but does his name really resonate that much throughout the league?

Im not trying to sound dismissive or anything, but do players really think they can win a championship with Romo given his past playoff performance and his playoff record?
                          Romo alone? Probably not, but Romo with the Defense and playmakers at WR? Elway can sell that package.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                            I like DT, I really do, but if I had the choice I would bring in the much more physical Brandon Marshall, cut/trade the softer DT, plus bring in Decker.

A WR core of Marshall, Decker, and Sanders in the slot, would be awesome.

Plus the potential drafting McCaffrey to add to the mix.
                            An older, less productive player, who drops passes at about the same rate if not more. Plus the cap hit for releasing Thomas. I'm not sure that makes sense.

I think Decker will get fairly decent money from a team that looks passed the injuries the last 2 years and sees the 12 touchdowns in 2015.

What Marshall and Decker being on the market might do is drive down the asking price for younger receivers who can also return kicks, which would be a good thing for Denver.

Comment

As others mentioned its not romo alone but what he adds to what we already have. I dont see a bunch of players taking pay cuts but I see us becoming a more favorable destination. Its easier to convince marshal to be our 3rd receiver with romo at the helm vs Trevor. It makes the "one piece away" pitch easier to sell. We go from questionable game manager to legitimate pro bowl QB.

Not trying to put the cart before the horse or count the chickens before they hatch but if we have romo DT sanders and Marshall I'm sure we can convince a few top OT to block for that vs the other guy.

Comment

• Question, how come the Jets are dumping their playmakers? Love Decker and Marshall.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X