X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I'd invest in Jonathan Hankins, he's younger, cheaper and will be the rock at the 1 tech that the Broncos need. Those LBs look better (although Davis would only get marginally better due to his poor instincts and reads) with a big 1 tech in the middle.
    Agreed, Hankins will thrive as a 1 tech. for us, replacing Davis is also key as well, out of position, missed assignments and not enough speed to recover. Even more critical than replacing Davis is finding a DE that can play the 3, 4 tech. opposite Wolfe. That might be the hardest position to fill next to LT for us. Williams doesn't sound like a viable option for us.

Since I criticized the play of Davis here is my solution: Trade one of our 7th round pics to Cleveland for ILB Christian Kirksey.
    Last edited by #Seven; 03-02-2017, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    I really don't think so seeing as Joseph questioned his effort.
    Thank you. I was making that assumption, but I didn't really have anything to base it on.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Originally posted by qbronco View Post
    Does anyone believe Mario Williams has anything left in the tank? I didn't see him play much last year.
    I really don't think so seeing as Joseph questioned his effort.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Does anyone believe Mario Williams has anything left in the tank? I didn't see him play much last year.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Looking at Pepper and Stahan, those were two guys that competed hard until 36. I am not so sure Campbell is as close to the end as you might think. He will be 31 come 2017 season, so 3-4 years may still be left in the tank.

I like him because he can play the 3 and the 5, Wolfe will need breathers too, so there will be plenty of snaps for Campbell at both spots. If we are talking high ticket guys, he would be the one out there I think gives us the most bang for our buck over the next few years.

Also think Hankins is very underrated right now. He was pushed off his natural position in NY and played with some injuries, could be a big bounce back year for him.
    I like Campbell and do think he has a few years left, I just don't like him for this team right now. Too many holes to fill and too many big money players already on defense. Denver had the second least money spent on o-line last year, they need to invest there.

But if Denver did sign Campbell it would help the d-line, so I won't be that upset if it happens. Just not my preference.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    I'd invest in Jonathan Hankins, he's younger, cheaper and will be the rock at the 1 tech that the Broncos need. Those LBs look better (although Davis would only get marginally better due to his poor instincts and reads) with a big 1 tech in the middle.

To me Campbell is the 15 year old BMW, yeah he's a big ticket item, and yes you'll probably get some return, but in reality you're paying for the name, and for what he was before, because he's much closer to the finish line than the start. Although I'd gladly take Campbell over Mario Williams.
    Looking at Pepper and Stahan, those were two guys that competed hard until 36. I am not so sure Campbell is as close to the end as you might think. He will be 31 come 2017 season, so 3-4 years may still be left in the tank.

I like him because he can play the 3 and the 5, Wolfe will need breathers too, so there will be plenty of snaps for Campbell at both spots. If we are talking high ticket guys, he would be the one out there I think gives us the most bang for our buck over the next few years.

Also think Hankins is very underrated right now. He was pushed off his natural position in NY and played with some injuries, could be a big bounce back year for him.

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    Read today JE intends to kick the tires on him, so decent chance it may happen. He will be dirt cheap and is a good camp body at the very least.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied

To me Campbell is the 15 year old BMW, yeah he's a big ticket item, and yes you'll probably get some return, but in reality you're paying for the name, and for what he was before, because he's much closer to the finish line than the start. Although I'd gladly take Campbell over Mario Williams.
    Agreed. I was referring specifically to the DE position.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by qbronco View Post
    It would be better to invest in Campbell. He's big enough and strong enough to play the 3 or 5.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    It would be better to invest in Campbell. He's big enough and strong enough to play the 3 or 5.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by daspeedster View Post
    This isn't happening. The biggest sign is that per nfl.com, Vance Joseph called Mario Williams out for "not playing hard enough". He won't be brought in here.
    Good point, I didn't even think of the fact that Joseph just coached him.

Leave a comment:

• daspeedster
    replied
    This isn't happening. The biggest sign is that per nfl.com, Vance Joseph called Mario Williams out for "not playing hard enough". He won't be brought in here.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    Ware is an OLB at nearly 300 pounds Williams would play DE in our 34. Ware isn't worth $7M if he's injured 50% of 5he time. Ray is ready for a full time role, outside of Wolfe no one on the D-Line can say the same.
    Can Williams play 3 technique? Cause in Denver's scheme they have a DE on the strong side at 5 tech and a "DE" on the weak side at 3 tech. Wolfe is occupying the 5 tech spot, so you either move him to 3 tech and Williams goes to that 5 tech, or you play Williams at 3 tech. In base.

In nickel and dime packages you have Miller, Ray, Barrett and Ware currently as DE's, so Williams would need to either bump those guys, or play 3 tech. If you play him at DE in these situations you still need a 1 or 3 tech.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    Ware is an OLB at nearly 300 pounds Williams would play DE in our 34. Ware isn't worth $7M if he's injured 50% of 5he time. Ray is ready for a full time role, outside of Wolfe no one on the D-Line can say the same.
    i think he is out of place at DE in the 3-4 he is better suited as a 4-3 DE

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    What happened to him last season?

Depending on his relationship with Vance Joseph I can see him coming in to compete for camp. I'm sure a vet like him prefers guaranteed job but on paper he looks pretty washed up. Also I know he is a 4-3 end but at 6'6 300 can he play defensive end in a 3-4? Can he be a pass rushing defensive end in a 3-4?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X